Chapter 33.

Numbed.

 

Tuesday; 6 November 2012

 

To: Youngjae

Yah, don't tell anyone. 

 

From: Youngjae

I won't. But, are you sure?

 

To: Youngjae

Yes, I'm sure. 

 

From: Youngjae

You will be leaving the company only, right? 

 

To: Youngjae 

I guess so. 

 

From: Youngjae

Okay. 

 

I put my phone on my pile of textbooks and continued studying for the final exams. 

*****

 

Wednesday; 7 November 2012

 

I was expecting to hear whispers and have people staring at me again today but I was wrong. There were no stares, no whispers, no nothing. The hallway was empty. 

I took a look at my phone, no we weren't late. I shrugged and made my way into my class. 

Everyone was busy doing their own things, no one lifted their head up to take a glance at me. 

I heaved a sigh of relief and walked over to my seat. 

The reason why there wasn't any gym lessons this few months was because final exams was coming and the school wanted us to focus on our studies. Which didn't really made sense to me. 

But the good news was, there was gym lesson today. I always liked gym classes, it relieves my stress. Another good or maybe not so good news was that the entire school will be gathering together for gym lesson today.

I wasn't looking forward to it anymore because that means I have to see Daehyun. I don't think it's the right time to see him, yet. And I think he doesn't want to see me either. 

I shook all the other thoughts away as our Mathematics teacher walked into our class. I took out my textbook and homework, trying my best to focus. 

*****

The bell rang. That means it was time for gym lesson. Groans could be heard from the girls while cheers could be heard from the guys. I tidied up my things and grabbed my gym attire from my bag and went to the restroom to change. 

I checked my attire in the mirror for the last time and tied my hair up into a higher ponytail. I took my uniform which was on the sink and folded it while making my way out of the restroom.

I was busy folding my uniform and I didn't noticed that there was someone in front of me. 

"Oof." I rubbed my head while muttering a sorry and looked up. The girl I bumped into was staring down at me in disgust. I stared back at her and tried to walk past her but she held her arm out to block me. 

"What do you want? I already apologised." 

"Do you know who did you just bumped into? And you think a apology is enough?" She snickered. I eyed her from head to toe. The first few buttons of her school shirt underneath her blazer was purposely ed to reveal her cleavage and her skirt only covered a third of her thigh. And, not to forget, she was wearing a 4inch high black pumps. 

"I don't know who you are." I said in a annoyed voice. Before I could try to walk past her again, something landed on my cheek and it burned at the contact. 

I clenched my fist and glared at her. She slapped me!? A smirk spreaded over her face. "Just a moment, isn't this Choi Yeojin? Daehyun's 'girlfriend'?" She asked sarcastically, the smirk on her face growing wider. 

I rolled my eyes at her, "Don't you have anything better to do?" She grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and her face inched closer to mine. 

"What can you do? Complain to Daehyun? Oh what a pity but I think Daehyun is currently mad at you." There was a smirk on her face again. How did she know? 

I pushed her away from me, causing her to stumble back a little. I took the chance and tried to walk out of the restroom but she grabbed my wrist and turned me around. 

"Where do you think you are going?" I yanked my wrist out of her grip. "Who are you to care." I spat back at her. My cheek burned at the second contact with her palm and the corner of my lips was bleeding slightly. 

I shoved her against the wall harder this time, causing her back to hit the wall. I walked out of the restroom while wiping the blood off my lips. 

"Yeojin?" I turned around, shocked. "What happened to you?" Youngjae lifted my chin and tilted it left and right. I took a step back, removing my chin from his hands. 

"It's nothing, just..." I tried to make a lie but I couldn't think of anything. Youngjae eyed me suspiciously. 

"I just bit my lip too hard so it bled." I faked a awkward cough to make him think that I didn't want to say it because it was embarrassing. He chuckled, "Idiot." 

I rolled my eyes and shot a glare at him. "Why are you here anyway? Your class is at the other block." 

"About that..." He rubbed the back of his neck  and gave me a sheepish grin. "Do you want to ditch gym class together with me?" 

I thought for a second, "Sure, I wasn't really looking forward to it anyway." 

I headed back to class to keep my uniform before heading up to the roof garden with Youngjae. 

"Wow, it's really peaceful here. Why didn't I know of this place earlier?" I chuckled lightly. I walked over to the bench and sat down, Youngjae doing the same. 

Memories of the times that Daehyun and me spent here came rushing back. I stared into the sky blankly, letting the memories play back. 

Youngjae's voice snapped me out of my daze, "Yeojin?" I hummed in response. 

"No matter where you go after you leave the company, you must always contact me, okay?" I nodded. 

Youngjae smiled, "Good." 

 

-----

Just a short update. ^^

ENJOY~

 

All gifs used belongs to their respective owners!