Chapter 23.

Numbed.

 

Tuesday; 17 July 2012. 

 

A girl was standing in front of Daehyun and she seems to be asking him something. Our table wasn't really far from their's but I could hear what she was saying from I was. 

The whole cafeteria was in a complete silence, I bet everyone could hear the girl. 

"Yah Minyoung, who is she?" I heard Mirae whispered to Minyoung who was beside me.

"Oh her? Her name is Eunyoung and all the guys in our school are crazy for her because she's pretty and friendly to them. But deep down, she's not friendly at all. She acts all sweet and cute to guys but to girls, she's a total ." 

"Daehyun oppa, would you like to go on a date with me?" Her voice almost made me puke. I could hear that her voice was fake, I don't understand why all the guys are so crazy over her. Like seriously, are they blind? 

Well, to be honest, it's my first time seeing her. I can only say that I don't really care about what's happening around school last time. I don't go the cafeteria at all, I go to the rooftop everyday during break because I was always alone. 

"Sure." Wait, what did he just say? I just stared at him, not believing the word I just heard. I saw Youngjae looking at me and he gave me a are-you-okay look. I looked at him for a second and turned my head back. 

I stared at the table throughout the rest of break time. I knew that Minyoung and Yuna kept looking at me but I pretended that I didn't notice.  

My heart felt like it was being stabbed and I felt betrayed. I guess he got over it. Did he really liked me in the first place? 

*****

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket but I ignored it. I was trying my very best to absorb whatever my Maths teacher was teaching. I didn't want to think about what happened in the cafeteria earlier so I tried keeping myself busy. That's the only way to stop me from thinking. 

My phone vibrated again. And again. Whoever it is just stop texting me argh! I rubbed my temples in frustration. Finally the vibration stopped and I continued following the lesson. 

RINGGGGG! Everyone was excited that the last lesson of the day ended but not me. I wished that school didn't have to end, at least not today. Because I know I have to see someone's face when I head back to the dorm after everything today. 

 I gathered all my books and notes and stuffed them inside my bag, not bothering to tidy them at all. I stood up, pushed the chair in and headed to the library. 

I spotted Mr Kim sitting at one of the tables in the corner of the library, waiting for me. I quicken up my steps and hurried towards him. 

*****

"Okay, that's it for the day. Your homework for today would just be an discursive essay." I nodded. I stood up and bowed at him when he took his leave. 

It was only 1.45pm and vocal training starts at 2.30pm. So, I stayed a little longer in the library to finish up the essay. 

-Bzzzz Bzzzz- My phone was on the table and it was making a lot of noise. I quickly removed it from the table and see who's calling me. 

Youngjae? Why is he calling me? 

I stared at the phone a little longer before answering his call. 

"Aish! Took you real long to answer a call!" He hissed at the other end. 

"What do you want?" My tone was cold. 

"E-er, Y-Yuna told me to call you to remind you that there's practices later on." He stuttered, obviously taken aback by my cold attiude. 

"I know." I said without any traces of emotions in my voice and hung up. I tossed my phone onto my bag which was on the chair next to me. 

Just leave me alone. I finished up the last few sentences of my essay and packed my things up. 

*****

"Good, that's right Yeojin!" Jino looked at me, flabbergasted when we finished dancing. 

Vocal trainings were normal, nothing much happened. The trainer only asked me to take better care of my throat because it sounds a bit forced when I was singing. 

"You shown really great improvements." Jino praised me while I just smiled at him.

The last few steps were taught today and I've already mastered them. I was really pushing myself, maybe a little too hard. But I didn't care. 

"I have already taught you girls all the dance steps and the only thing that needs to be done now is to perfect them. Make sure you are really familiarised with the whole choreography. And I've decided to choreograph a set of dance steps for Yuna and Yeojin. It will be used during the introduction when you debut. I only need one of you to stay behind and learn it." 

Without any hesitations, I volunteered. Yuna was about to object when Minyoung nudged her and shook her head gently. Yuna let out a sigh and left the dance studio with the others after thanking Jino. 

"Okay then, let's start." Jino said as he went to change the CD. 

*****

"That's all." Jino walked over to the CD player and stopped the music. 

"Rest well Yeojin, you are pushing yourself too hard. It could cause more harm to your body." He advised and left the dance studio. 

I danced the whole choreography of our debut song and the ones to be used during the introduction again. I collapsed onto the floor after I finish, panting really hard.

I lied down and stared at the ceiling for a while. Memories of what happened that night in the studio with Daehyun came flashing back. I quickly sat up and went over my bag to dig out my Accounts homework. 

I was really serious about not thinking about him. I took a pen out and sprawled across the floor, ready to start with my Accounts homework. 

12.18am. "." I muttered under my breath. I just finished my Accounts homework and I didn't realise it was that late already. I dumped all my stuffs into my bag and locked up the dance studio. 

I walked back to the dorm, it was only a 20 minutes walk. I checked the messages I received during lesson earlier in the day while walking.

 

UPDATE! ^^ 

Hehehe. 

By the way, I decided to include the day and the date at the top left hand corner of every chapter.

Because I'm getting confused again hahaha. :p

Anyways, 

ENJOY~

 

All gifs used belongs to their respective owners! ^^