Chapter 17.

Numbed.

"Yeojin! Wait up!" 

I abruptly stopped in my tracks, causing Daehyun to bump into me. He walked around me and stopped in front of me, panting. Did I really walk that fast? 

I looked down at the floor, not meeting his eyes. I looked at my watch, it was 2.25pm. You got 5 minutes, Jung Daehyun. 

I guessed he noticed me looking at my watch and he spoke up. "I'm sorry. Sorry for treating you like a jerk but I have a reason." I lifted up my head and looked into his eyes. The look in his eyes told me he was really serious. 

"It's too late." I said, coldly. 

He was staring at the floor, guilt clearly written over his face. 

That's when I can't hold it in anymore. I burst out laughing. 

His expression was really priceless. He stood there, staring at me with his mouth slightly opened as though I'm a lunatic. I laughed a little more before calming myself down. 

I wiped away the tear at the corner of my eye and looked at him. Oops, did I go overboard? 

"Are you... angry?" I warily asked. His face was expressionless. 

I looked away from him when I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. 

"Yeojin! Are you coming for practices today?" Yuna spoke immediately when I answered her call. 

"Yes I'm on m-" 

"Hurry and come!" 

Sheesh, seriously this girl needs to learn to wait for others to finish talking and not hang up on others! 

Daehyun was still standing in front of me, with his arms crossed over his chest and looking at me boredly. 

"I'm really really sorry but I have to go! We will talk again later ok!" I told him as I slowly walked away from him, heading to the dance studio. 

"I'm sorry!" I turned back and shouted when I was few metres away from him. 

--------DAEHYUN'S POV-------

I can't help but smile to myself after Yeojin left me and rushed to her dance practice. That silly girl. 

--------END OF DAEHYUN'S POV-------

**********

"YEOJIN! REDO!" Jino's loud voice made me flinched. It was the umpteenth time I was required to redo the whole choreography. Catching up on 2 weeks of dance practice was crazy. 

The rest of the members have already perfected the steps we were learning before I left and new steps have been added. The rest of them were free to go after showing their perfect choreography to Jino. 

So there I was, in the dance studio, alone with the monster. 

Finally, after 2 hours of torture, I managed to perfect the steps that I have learnt before I left but not the new ones. Jino gave up and left, as usual. 

I collapsed onto the floor in the middle of the dance studio. I was completely drained and sweat kept rolling down my forehead. I lied down, staring at the white ceiling. 

-Bzzzzz Bzzzzz-

I groaned, reluctant to get up and walk over to my bag, where my phone was. I half crawled over to my bag and spent some time rummaging through my bag before I finally found my phone. 

Daehyun? Why is he calling me? Oh and, I have already placed my old sim card back into my phone. 

"Yes?" 

"Where are you right now?"

"Dance studio." 

"Okay. Stay there, I will go over." 

I stared at my phone, confused. He's coming over? For? I blinked several times at my phone before tossing it back onto my bag. Who cares. I have no energy left to move or to talk. I just laid there, staring at the ceiling while waiting for Jung Daehyun.

I closed my eyes for a while, to rest a little. Did I hear footsteps? I opened my eyes to check if Daehyun was here. What the hell!? The studio was completely dark, I couldn't see anything at all. I waved my hand in front of my eyes and I couldn't even see my hand at all. 

Calm down, Yeojin, calm down. But it was useless, memories of my childhood began flashing back. Those times I spent in the dark, crying, came flashing back. 

I sat up and hugged my knees. "D-Daehyun?" My voice was trembling. "D-Daehyun?" My breathing became louder and I started hyperventilating. Daehyun must have noticed something was wrong when he heard the weird noises I was making. 

He switched on the lights and hurried over to me. "Yeojin... Are you okay?" 

Daehyun was bending down in front of me. But the memories kept flowing back, it kept stabbing me again and again. "Make it stop." I managed to choke out. 

Daehyun was flustered, he didn't know what to do. He pulled me into his arms, patting my head to calm me down. 

When I calmed down a little, I got out of his arms and turned away from him. "Are you okay? I'm sorry, Yeojin. I shouldn't have done that." I didn't answer him. The past that I thought I could get rid of, the past that I thought I would never ever remember again, kept coming back and it seems like I couldn't get rid of it again anymore. 

It's as if I'm feeling the loneliness and pain all over again but this time round, doubled. Weirdly, when I left Daehyun's arms, it felt empty. Just this once. 

I turned back to face him and leaned against his shoulder. "Just... a while more." I whispered. He put his arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. I felt safe, as though the past wouldn't be able to haunt me anymore. 

WOHOO UPDATE! ^^

I hope this chapter isn't too weird. :o

A big thank you to my 44 subbies! :D 

And please feel free to comment~

I always feel happy when there are comments teehee :p 

ENJOY~

All gifs used belongs to their respective owners! ^^

@KHJ123 hehe thank you you are so sweet! :p yes sir, I will sleep earlier from now on! *salutes* :D