Chapter 16.

Numbed.

I was walking along the streets near our dorm aimlessly. Aish where is that guy!? The wind was getting stronger and I tried to warm myself down a little by rubbing my palms against my arm. -Drip drip drip- I extended out my palm and raindrops fell on it. This can't be happening. I groaned inwardly and walked a little faster. I knew that I would fall sick easily but I just ignored it and continued to look for Daehyun. I began to walk further and further away from our dorm and I don't even know where I was right now. 

I checked my watch, it was 8am in the morning but the sky was dark. Probably due to the bad weather. I reached into my pocket to get my phone but I realised that I left in my bag, which was in the dorm. Damn. Why am I so unlucky today? I was completely soaked from head to toe and I was shivering, badly. To make things worse, the wind got bigger, sending chills down my spine every time it blew against me. Jung Daehyun... Where on earth are you!? I wasn't worried about myself at all, I was more worried about him. I was scared that he was soaked and shivering like me. 

A park came into my view and I squinted my eyes to get a better view of the figure sitting on a bench. Is that him? I walked closer to get a better look. Yes, that was him, Jung Daehyun. "Yah." I didn't realise how weak my voice was. Upon hearing my voice, he turned his head. His eyes widened in surprise. "What are you doing here?!" "What else do you think I'm doing here? To find you, idiot." I muttered at the last word. "Go back to the dorm, I'm fine." Ungrateful idiot. I was coughing and my vision was getting blurry. I took a few steps, hoping that it would get better but it was useless. 

"Yah Choi Yeojin, are you okay?" He got up from the bench and hurried over towards me. He lifted his hand to touch my forehead but I swatted it away. "I was stupid enough to be worried about you." I uttered. I was mad at him, I came all the way here to find him yet he treated me like that. I turned around to leave but I realised that everything was spinning and I couldn't walk properly at all. I look for something to hold on to so that I could stable myself but nothing was around me. I stumbled a little and lost my balance. I closed my eyes, expecting myself to hit the cold and hard floor. 

But I didn't. Something warm slipped under my knees and my neck and I was leaning against something"." I could hear someone mumbling but I was too tired to open my eyes to see who it was. Few seconds later, I lost my consciousness and I drifted off. 

************************

I could hear mumblings around me so I pretended to be still sleeping. There was a cold towel on my forehead and layers of blankets were covered on me. 

"What happened to you?" 

"Daehyun, you have to talk to us."

"Himchan hyung's right, you have to tell us what happened so we can help you."

"I went back to Busan because my Mom was ill and her condition wasn't looking good. But I didn't went to see her during the 2 weeks. I received a call after I came back, from my brother, telling me she passed away." His voice was shaky. 

"Why didn't you go back to see her?" 

There was a long pause before Daehyun finally spoke up. 

"I couldn't bear to see her in that condition." That's when I decided to 'wake up', I guess I didn't want him to think anymore about his Mom. Why did I care so much about him though? I stirred slightly and opened my eyes. I was in the living room, lying on one of the couches. I took the towel off my forehead, removed the blankets on me and sat up. Three guys were looking at me with worried eyes while the other just hung his head down, not meeting my eyes at all. 

Guilty? I punched him mentally. "You okay?" Yongguk asked me. "She's fine. She won't die so easily." I stared at him. Yoo Youngjae, I will get back at you next time. I smiled at Himchan who helped me smacked the back of his head. "Argh hyung!" Youngjae grumbled as he rubbed the back of his head. I stood up and headed for the room. My head still felt a little light but I was feeling better. I took a look at the clock and it was 2pm in the afternoon. Shoot, there's dance practices! I stopped in my tracks when someone grabbed my wrist. I turned back, already expecting to see him. 

I stared into his eyes. I could see pain, guilt and sadness in his eyes but I didn't care, I continued staring at him. "Where are you going?" "None of your business." I slightly twisted my wrist out of his grip and went into the room, slamming the door after me. There was a piece of paper on my bed and I went over to take a look. It was my schedule. -2.30pm, dance practices.- Just in time for dance practice! I heaved a sigh of relief and made my way to the bathroom to take a quick shower. 

I tied my hair into a bun after coming out of the bathroom. I was wearing a simple tee and a slightly baggy cotton trackpants which was until my knee length. I quickly emptied my bag full of clothes and stuffed them into the closet. I threw my wallet and other things I needed into my bag and hurried out of the room. I walked pass the 4 guys in the living room, not caring about them at all. "Where are you going? You are sick you know." "I'll be fine, Yongguk oppa. Bye!" I said, not looking at them while putting my shoes on. I opened the front door and walked out. I was about to close the door behind me when I heard a voice. 

 

DENG DENG DENG UPDATE! ^^ 

Wait for the next chapter to find out whose voice it is! :p

But i think it's kinda obvious, isn't it? Hehe. :D

Looks like all of you are wondering why is Daehyun acting like this?

Don't worry, it will be revealed soon. ^^

ENJOY~

All gifs used belongs to their respective owners! ^^

@KHJ123 Thanks for being worried about my health for me hehe! ^^ But i'm used to sleeping late already so it's okay~ ^^ Hope you liked the fic so far! :D