Chapter 13.

Numbed.

"Excuse me?" I was busy arranging the tables and chairs and wiping the tables to prepare for the day. "Oh, yes? The cafe opens at 10am." I didn't look up from the table I was wiping. "I'm suppose to report for work today." I shot up at the mention of work. "You are the new helper? You will be in charge of cooking right?" He nodded. I pointed the direction of the kitchen to him and told him that all the recipes are inside the kitchen. He thanked me and made his way to the kitchen. Aish, I forgot to ask for his name. "What's your name? I'm Jiho but please call me Zico." I turned around and saw Zico sticking his head out of the kitchen. I smiled and answered him; "I'm Yeojin." "Yeojin... Ok noted." He flashed me a smile before going back into the kitchen. 

He's kinda cute, hehe. 

--------DAEHYUN'S POV---------

She's so nice to the Ji guy but she's so cold towards me? Tch. Guess she doesn't need my help after all. I sighed and made my way back up. 

--------END OF DAEHYUN'S POV--------

It was really hard juggling between serving and cashier. I wished Daehyun would come down and help but sigh I guess it's impossible. That idiot. I wonder what is he doing upstairs. Don't he need to eat? There's no food upstairs. Seeing that there weren't many customers in the cafe, I quickly went upstairs to check on him after telling Zico I will be gone for a short while. 

I knocked on his door once, no answer. I knocked again, still no answer. "Yah, I'm going in." I twisted the doorknob and went into the room. There wasn't anyone in the room. Where did he go? I didn't even saw him leave the cafe.... I scratched my head in confusion and went out of the room. I closed the door and was about to make my way down to the cafe. "Looking for me?" I turned around. There he was, with a cup of ramen in his hands. "I was worried that you didn't have anything to eat, guess I don't have to worry about it." I turned around again and walked back down to the cafe. I didn't realise that Daehyun was standing there, staring at me with his mouth opened. 

--------DAEHYUN'S POV--------

She's worried about me? Did I hear her wrongly? 

---------END OF DAEHYUN'S POV-------

Finally the busy day came to an end, I didn't even realise that I didn't eat anything the whole day. I was wiping the tables, preparing to close the shop when a plate of sandwiches appeared in front of me. I looked up and saw Zico smiling at me. "Eat it, you didn't eat anything the whole day, right?" I smiled sheepishly at him. "Thanks." He nodded and went back into the kitchen. I quickly finished my sandwich and brought the plate into the kitchen. I was about to wash the plate myself when Zico took it away. 

I looked at him in confusion and he just smiled at me. I thanked him and went out of the kitchen and continued wiping the tables. Finally everything was done and Zico walked out of the kitchen. He was busy rummaging through his bag when I said; "See you tomorrow, Zico." "Yeojin, can I have your number?" "Oh, sure." I took his phone from him and keyed in my number. "Thanks." I nodded and smiled at him. "Hurry and go! It's getting late already." He chuckled and nodded and made his way out of the cafe. "See you tmr, Yeojin." He said before stepping out of the cafe. I nodded and waved at him.

I locked the doors and stood there. I didn't dare to switch off the lights because if I did, the whole cafe will be dark and I have to make my way upstairs in complete darkness. I gulped and stood there, not knowing what to do. "Yah, why are you standing there like a idiot?" I looked up at the stairs and saw Daehyun standing there, with his arms folded across his chest. "E-erm, n-nothing." He nodded and made his way back up. "Erm, Daehyun?" He stopped and turned back to look at me. "Can you help me switch off the lights?" I could see that he was trying to stop himself from laughing at me. Aish. 

He cleared his throat and nodded. I hurriedly made my way upstairs, to save myself from any more embarrassment. "Scared of the dark?" Daehyun whispered to me when I walked pass him. I turned and stared at him. He stuck his tongue out at me and made his way down the stairs. What a weird guy. 

-----------

"Yoboseyo?"

"Yeojin! How was today?"

"Oh, it was busy today but it was still manageable."

"Did Daehyun help you?" 

"No."

"Aish, that oppa."

"Jihyun, can I ask you something?"

"Ne?"

"How do you and Daehyun know each other?"

"Erm I stayed with my Aunt when I was young and Daehyun is the son of my Aunt's close friend. She visits my Aunt frequently and she would bring Daehyun along, that's how I knew him. Why are you suddenly asking about this?"

"I was just curious."

"Ah I see. It's getting late you should go sleep soon! I will see you tmr Yeojin!"

"See you tmr too! Goodnight~" 

----------------------

Time passed already fast and the 2 weeks were already up. Daehyun was going back to Seoul together with me and Jihyun. The cafe was handed back to Jihyun's Aunt and Zico quitted a day before you left without telling you. I wonder how's Zico. I was packing my stuffs and there weren't a lot to pack, as usual. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and went out of the room. Should I text him? I stared at my phone as I made my way downstairs to wait for Jihyun and Daehyun. Aish, just send it, Choi Yeojin. 

To: Zico

Yah, where did you go?

I held my phone in my hands, hoping for his reply to come soon. I kept tapping my foot on the floor, oblivious to the guy who was standing at the end of the stairs staring at me. 

 

 

UPDATE! :D

I have a feeling this story is going to be a pretty long one :p 

I need to write as much as I can before my holidays end because next year is a major year for me T_T 

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! ^^

And, wohoo, Zico! :D 

ENJOY~

All gifs used belongs to their respective owners! ^^