CH3 - Do You Know Him?

I Think I Love You

"I'm home!" Everyone gather at the door as soon as they heard Jihyun's voice.

"How was the date, unnie?" Gayoon asks. 
"It was okay. Let me go in first." Jihyun replies and pushes them aside because the girls are blocking her way. 
"Okay? What kind of answer is that?" Hyuna complains. 
"Tell us about him. Who is he? Is he good-looking or not?" Sohyun eager to know about him.
Jihyun sits on the couch, ignores the questions and look at her inbox. 'You have 1 unread message.' She tap the 'open' button and sees Hyungshik message. "Noona, I'm home. Thanks for a great day with me. See you tomorrow. You are buying for me, aren't you? ㅋㅋㅋ"
Ohhh, it must be him! Isn't he, unnie?" Let me see!" Jiyoon notices that Jihyun is smiling while reading the message. 
"Aigoo, these kids! You can never leave me alone huh?" 
"Unnie, we just wanted to know how was your date. It was your first anyway so we must know." Jiyoon explains and everyone nod. 
"I got it. Okay, he's good-looking and you guys know him."
"We know him? Who is he?" Everyone curious to know. 
"Hyungshik, Park Hyungshik. The famous guy at our university."
"Park Hyungshik? The rich guy? The tall guy with handsome face you mean?" Sohyun asks in suprised. 
"Wow! It must be nice. How do you feel about him?" Hyuna asks. 
"I'm not sure. He's younger than me."
"Unnie! Even if he's six years younger than you, it's still okay." Jiyoon says with her aegyo. 
"That's right. How old is he anyway?"
"He's 22."
"Two years difference is not a big matter." 
"But... I... nothing." Jihyun can't seem to express her feeling right now. 
"Why? You still like Minjun-oppa?" Sohyun asks. 
"Yah! Why did you bring his name in this conversation?" Gayoon snaps on Sohyun's question. 
Jihyun nods. 
 
* * * * *
 
Dongjun is playing the game when Hyungshik arrives at home. "How was the date man?" Dongjun asks raising his eyebrows. 
"It was great. I had fun with her." Hyungshik smiles. 
"Ohhhhh... I told you right, she's your type. So, do you like her?" Dongjun teases Hyungshik. 
"Not yet." Hyungshik approaches Dongjun and snaps away the remote player and play the games. 
"Yah. What is this? Such a low score you got." Hyungshik brags about his skills in games. 
"So you mean you want to like her but it's not the time yet?" Dongjun asks ignoring Hyungshik's game. 
Hyungshik pauses the game and look at Dongjun.
"I don't know but I just don't want to be in love at this time. I want to be single." Hyungshik explains.
"Your love life is really complicating. You're not even married yet!"
Hyungshik takes out his phone and start typing but he constantly hits the backspace button. He can't express his feeling through words. At the end, he manage to gather his words and send it to Jihyun. He goes to the kitchen to grab some snacks. While he searches for snacks, a message comes into his inbox.
"Hyungshik-ah! You got a messsage!" Dongjun shouts. He looks at the screen and it shows 'Noona' Hyungshiks snaps his phone from Dongjun. "Noona? I thought you don't have sister. Who is she?" Dongjun wonders.
"It's her. That person from the blind date." Hyungshik explains while reading the reply from Jihyun.
"Okay. I've promised you I'll buy you the best coffee in the world and I always keep my promise ^^ See you tomorrow at the bus stop near my apartment, can you?"
"WHAT? NOONA? REALLY? ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Dongjun asks in surprised. 
"What's so suprise about that? It could be that younger man dating older woman. It's not a big deal." 
"So you like it... dating older woman? Let me see her. I want to know how she looks like." Dongjun tries to tae Hyungshik phone.
"Yah! What are you doing? I don't have her photo." Hyungshik stops Dongjun.
"Yah, you're really weird." Dongjun is really surprised because Hyungshik had never date older woman before. 
"Okay, let's meet at the bus stop. Goodnight ^^~" Hyungshik replies to Jihyun message.
 
* * * * *
 
The next morning, as they had promised to meet at the bus stop, Jihyun is already there. She wear another casual outfit not wanting to look over-fashionable just for a cup of coffee. She looks at her watch, he's late again. Jihyun doesn't really like a person who is not in time. To her, time is really important and you shouldn't make a person wait for you for a long time. 5-10 minutes is still considerables, but 30 minutes passed yet he's not here. She messages Hyungshik asking where he is but there is no reply. "You might be busy. Let's call today a cancel." Before she gets to hit the send button, a taxi appears in front of her. Hyungshik gets out from the taxi and greets her.
 
"Hello, noona. Let's go." Hyungshik opens the door for her. However, Jihyun stands there looking at Hyungshik with scary eyes set on her face. "Hyungshik-ah. Don't you have anything to be sorry about?" Jihyun asks in serious tone. She must be angry at me! He thought. "I'm sorry, noona. Something happened just now. Let's get in the car first." Hyungshik avoids looking at her face.
 
In the car, both of them don't talk to each other. It's like they just had a big fight.
 
She's really mad at me. What can I do? Yah Hyungshik! Why did you woke up so late! And Dongjun, he doesn't even bother to wake me up at this day. That brats. Ahhhh, what shoud I do now? Hyungshik is having a serious thinking in his mind.
 
What did I do just now? Why am I like that? I shouldn't get mad at him! Even if he's late, I shouldn't act like that. No, he's really late, he deserves that. No, he's late but it's okay because he still came. No. No. He's must be scared of me right now. Ahhhh, what should I do now? Jihyun too, is having a serious thinking in her mind.
 
"We're here." The taxi driver brings them back to reality. Hyungshik takes out his wallet to pay the taxi driver, but Jihyun stops her. "I'll pay." Hyungshik is a bit scared so he agrees.
 
"Panda Cafe?" Hyungshik asks.
"Why? You don't like it?"
"It's not like that..."
"Let's go in."
 
"Hello, good morning!" the waiter greets them.
"What do you want?" Jihyun asks looking at his face.
"Hot cup of mocha, banana muffin and tiramisu please."
"You sure eat a lot." Jihyun teases him.
"Yes. I'm sorry noona."
"No, it's okay. I'm just joking. Pick up a seat over there."
 
Hyungshik goes to the table at the corner where Jihyun pointed. He sits there and stares at the window. In his mind, he keep thinking of a way that could make them better. He knows that she's really angry with him but he hopes it won't last long. 
 
Meanwhile, Minjun comes from the kitchen to the counter to greet Jihyun. 
"Good morning, Jihyun-ah! How was the date yesterday?" he asks while completing their orders. 
"Good morning too. It was good. I promised him to buy the best coffee in the world so I brought him here." Jihyun says while pointing towards Hyungshik. 
"Thank you for buying the best coffee in the world. Introduce him to me." Minjun brings the food and approach their seats. 
 
"Oh! Hyungshik?" Minjun is surprised. 
"Good morning hyung!" Hyungshik smiles. 
"Oppa, you know him?" Jihyun asks in surprised too. 
Oppa?
"Yes. He often comes here and we share a lot of stories everytime."
"Ah really? Why you didn't tell me earlier?" Jihyun asks Hyungshik.
"Right. I didn't know noona knows him too. So we're in the same boat I guess."
"Anyway, thank you oppa. We'll have the best breakfast today. Hyungshik-ah, this is your food." Jihyun passes the banana muffin and tiramisu to him. 
"Something happened at the back so I'll leave first. Enjoy your meal." Minjun leaves to the kitchen. Jihyun looks at him. 
 
"Noona, how did you know him?" Hyungshik snaps Jihyun out of her day-dream while eating the muffin. 
"He's a person that I've known for years. He's like our real brother. He take care of us until now."
"Us?"
"Oh, my girls. We live in the same apartment since four years ago. Minjun-oppa always there when we're in need of help. Last time, when we're having final exam, he helps us with studying."
Hyungshik stops munching and ask her, "Do you like him?"
Jihyun mind goes blank and her cheeks start blushing. 
"What are you talking about! Yah! Eat this." Jihyun tries to shut his mouth so she feed him her french toast. 
"But you looks excited when talking about him." hyungshik says with a mouthful of the toast. 
Is it that obvious? This is not good. 
"No, I'm not." Jihyun says slowly.
"Really? It's good then."

"Anyway, I'm really sorry about this morning. I get mad at you for no reason." Jihyun feels sorry that they had a fight early in the morning. 

"I should be the one to apologise. I'm at fault. You've reason for that. I'm sorry that I was late this morning." Hyungshik feels sorry too. 

"So we're zero-zero." Jihyun offers her hand. "Let's shake hands as a sign we've reconcile." She giggles. Hyungshik shakes hand with her and smiles. 

"Do you want to go any where after this?" she asks. 

"I'm not sure. Let's go to a park maybe?" he suggests. 

"Why there?"

"Just... let's have a walk under the sky facing the green ground with the chirps of the bird and sounds of children playing." Hyungshik explain with a gloomy expression. 

Jihyun sees his expression but she doesn't want to ask him and agrees to him. "Finish this first." She offers her leftover. 

---END OF CHAPTER---

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'm really sorry for the late update. My second semester of university just started and I've been busy since then. I'll try my best to update as frequent as I can. Fyi, I've chapter 4 50% done :) Comments are love.