The Cliche

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"The Clichè"

Soeun's POV

I cross my arms tightly as I walk alone in the darkening streets. The girls split up a while ago, and I'm almost home, but of course, the weather chooses now to freeze up. Although today had been nice and sunny, and even warm, it was now getting dark and cold. I shivered, glancing at my watch, noting it's almost five. For mid-January, the weather's pretty standard. Still, I usually get home earlier than this... I looked around; it was at least another ten minutes of walking to my house. 

I didn't wear a jacket today, and am just now starting to regret it. It didn't help that my neck felt bare, and I cursed my decision to have my hair up this morning. I subconsciously speed up. It's now almost pitch black, and as the streets darken still, I become aware of the sound of footsteps behind me. At first they're low and distant, but as I walk further, I hear them more. I try to convince myself it's probably my imagination. The streets are deserted, as  everyone is already warm and safe at home.

I listen closer, holding my breath. I hope to reassure myself they have faded, but as I listen I hear louder thuds; definitely footsteps, and they're getting closer and closer.

What is going on?

Suddenly, every horror news report I've ever heard; kidnappings, robberies, missing people.

Stop over-reacting, I chide myself. But the scenes won't disappear.

I try to hush my thoughts, but quickly give in; I'm useless in these situations. it doesn't help that overthinking is a major weakness. Panicking, I glance around for help, or even a street light to run to, but there are none. It's a small road, and there aren't even any cars about. I fold my arms across my chest again, gripping my thin clothing closer to my body. I take a deep breath, preparing to run or scream, whichever was required, when I suddenly feel a strong grip on my arm. I hadn't noticed the footsteps getting faster, but now I recall the tip-tap speeding up.

Damn damn damn damn.

My heart thumps against my ribcage, as the grip on my upper arm spins me around to face the stranger. I close my eyes in dread, and there is a pause before I hear a confident, familiar voice.

"Are you alright?"

 

Junho's POV

Huh? Why's it so cold? It was a nice day...

Nichkhun and I split about 3 minutes ago, and I've been walking alone since. Turning into the next road, I look around again. The road was pitch black, as there were no street lights here.

Public safety? What is this, a horror movie?

I shrug and continued walking. It's actually quite nice, as I stroll down the silent, empty road. No annoying voices or loud fangirling. Seems I really am tired of Mih-... her.

I leisurely walk down the silent street, happily taking my time. I'm definitely not in a rush to get home, since I decided not to go Mihe-ah-whatever (hoping she gets the message) and my sister is bringing home her friends. It may sound like an invalid point, but trust me it isn't. Even though my sister is only 14, her friends are annoying. Whenever she has them over, I would always catch them outside my door giggling, or following me around...

Huh, I'd even heard one of them tell her they were in love.

14 year olds in love. Pffft. Poor them.

My thoughts are interrupted by a small sigh from up ahead. I look up in surprise, having thought the street was empty, only to see a slender figure ahead. I can't see the person well, as there's no light source. But I can tell it's a girl from her small silhouette. She also doesn't seem to be weraing any padding in the form of a coat, which makes me frown. The noise intrigued me, as well as why she's alone and probably freezing, and I find myself speeding up in order to catch her.

I see her shoulders stiffen as I approach, and it clicks that she may have heard and be afraid. A girl should not be walking alone in the dark, especially in these empty streets.

...

Well if no one else is around she's better off walking with me.

As I speed up, she does too. I see her look around, and although I don't see her face for long enough to recognize her, I do see a glimpse of desperation in her features. Her shoulders are rising and falling faster. I finally catch up to her, and instantly can tell she's just about to make a run for it.

Sh*t. She must've heard my footsteps.

She's just taking a deep breath as I catch her wrist preventing her from going any where, feeling the urge to reassure her. I hear her breathing hitch, and spin her around quickly to avoid any misunderstanding. However, I'm momentarily distracted as I saw her face and I recognized her quickly from school.

I take a second, much required after seeing her brown hair, long eye lashes, soft features, slight make up and well, overall good looking features...

She's hot.

Yes, hot she is, but definitely not my usual. My usual consists of short skirts, make up, nice body and pretty face. Although she sure has the last two down, she is no way the kind of queenka usually by my side. Well, she is a 'Lady' after all. 

It's not surprising that most players don't go near the ladies. Apart from the ones who wanted status and looks, or just me for a little while, I steer clear of good-girls. With me, girls knew what they were getting a Casanova, it isn't like I claim to want a serious relationship. 

I regain my senses as I take in her shocked features and nearly face palm at my own density. She looks terrified, and the gentleman is getting the better of me now that I have finished checking her out.

Maybe the boys are right...

Snapping out of it, and genuinely concerned, I speak to her softly and relaxed informal, so as not to scare her any more.

"Are you alright?"

 

Nobody's POV

She slowly opened her eyes and looked up, bearly doing a double take as she took kin the guy in front of her.

Lee Junho.

She recognised him instantly of course, as the player of the group. Usually the one you'd see surrounded by girls, but since they were all apparently heart throbs, this was the one with the biggest reputation.

Soeun stared up at him. He seemed a little different now, to when she saw him before around school or surrounded by fangirls. He looked manlier (result of being away from giant Taecyeon) and less irresponsible... Though she couldn't explain why. Maybe it was the real concern in his eyes. Junho looked back at her, scanning her deep eyes for the first time. She looked even more beautiful than before.

Soeun realized Junho had asked her a question, and nodded her head a little, breaking their gaze. She was still shaking, and they both realised how scared she had been.

"I-," her words were cut off as her knees gave in shocking both of them. Luckily Junho was still gripping her wrist, so she only ended up wobbling rather than falling flat on her face. Junho's instincts took over and he placed an arm over her shoulders, pulling her beside him, resulting in her leaning on him for support. 

"I guess that's a no," he smiled. Soeun just stood there a little shocked. She was wearing a skirt, as per school uniform, so it made sense that her legs weren't moving after walking this long in the freezing cold. But she hadn't realized she was that unstable. 

Coming back to her senses, she attempted to pull away slightly.

"I'm okay,"

But Junho's arm kept her next to him.

"What kind of gentleman would I be, letting a young woman of your beauty walk alone in the dark?" he smiled, resulting in her staring blankly at the floor, trying not to comprehend the situation. She knew what he was going for and it wasn't going to work. "What are you doing out any way? You shouldn't be alone..." he frowned to himself, before turning back to her.

"I'm Junho," he winked. She stared at him, barely managing to prevent herself rolling her eyes. Before he was genuinely concerned, and being a gentleman. But now he'd switched over to player mode. She stared at him, waiting for him to drop it. He looked back at her, understanding her gaze, but acting like he didn't. She waited until she knew he must have gotten the message, before replying.

"Kim So-eun." 

"I see," he said acknowledging more than her name. She smiled again, being open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter