Confessing

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Confessing" Wooyoung's POV

I lean against the school building with a sigh as wait. Floods of school kids will fill the grounds pretty soon; Friday afternoon always being 'fun' to say the least. The mad rush has yet to hit, but still, I wonder if I've missed her as I wait.

Shrugging it off, I deliberate. Today had been good; I spent all my free lessons and break time with Jieun, and yet I only want to see her more, especially as I know she feels the same. The only slightly downside to today was the guys going mad when they found out about it all. I eventually managed to shut them up and persuade them to keep it quiet; afterall, we have only hung out so far. Nothing was serious.

Yet.

But, if all went to plan, that would change.

I straighten up as I see someone come through the exit, but quickly slouch as I don't recognise her.

The guys were happy for me, and Nichkhun especially encouraged me. I guess he would do; after all, my situation is a lot easier than his.

Yet again, Qian's face flashes in my mind. They haven't spoken, and if you ask me, she's been avoiding him. They were close... but it's understandable.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts as I fiinally get a lock on her familiar features. She doesn't see me, but I hang back for a moment, appreciating her natural and unwitting cuteness. Her eyes are on her folders as she hurries forwards, pausing to check her phone, and even after a busy week, she looks amazing. My chest feels warm as I analyse her features, noting the slight bags under her eyes, as I wonder how much rest she's gotten. Still, her face glows brightly, her natural beauty standing out a mile and I quickly find myself unable to hang back.

God, I really am done for...

I quickly progress to the front of the school, and wait for her to see me. She seems preoccupied; her eyes staying on the ground as she hurries forward, so much so that she nearly walks right into me. On instinct, I reach out to stop her from getting hurt. But she quickly halts, and instantly look ups, right at... well, at my tie. She freezes quickly, and I hold back a chuckle as I withdraw my hands, waiting for her to look up. I take this time to appreciate our fit; she's exactly the right height to fit here. She only comes up to below my chin, and it's adorable. She has to look up to see me, and when she finally does, startled with wide eyes, a series of emotions dominated my feelings, eventually coming to a halt at happiness.

A natural grin takes over, and I see my feelings mirrored in her eyes. An automatic smile forms on her lips.

"Annyeong."

 

Nobodys POV

"Wooyoung."

Her features lit up and she grinned, before finally absorbing their positions as her cheeks flushed and she looked down.

Chuckling, he took the opportunity to speak up.

"I knew you would be in a hurry to get home, to avoid the others questions about us," he explained. "But I wanted to catch you before you left. Before in the gardens, our conversation kinda got cut short."

"Neh," she nodded, but her eyes didn't meet his, thanks to the fact that she could barely look at him without feeling lightheaded. Besides, being this close meant her senses were going crazy. His aftershave was familiar but new at the same time.

"So, I'm guessing you're planning on walking home alone?" Wooyoung asked, smiling at her shyness.

"Hm," she murmured, regretting it slightly, but it couldn't be helped. She turned back, remembering her rush to get out.

Oh no...

She quickly began to panic, remembering that she should be running away. Wooyoung saw her mini conflict and smiled.

"Come on, I'll walk you home."

She looked up surprised. Something was different in his eyes; he hadn't done this before. Sure, they'd gotten close pretty quickly, but this was different. Usually their interactions were school based, something she had to admit wasn't entirely convenient. The thought of him walking her home... made her jumpy. But as she saw his sincere effort, she decided to go along with it, and nodded quickly.

The two of them began walking.

"How was school?"

"It was fine," she smiled at his interest, as she looked across the school ground, which was now filling up. "We finished our coursework in literature, and maths was... well the same."

"Maths," he scrunched up his face, and Jieun smiled at his unintentionally aegyo. "I can't wait to ditch academic subjects..."

"One semester," she held up her index finger with a smile. "And then it's off to university."

"True," he chuckled at her optimism. "Music right?"

"Yes," she nods. "What about you?"

"I think I'll do dual... Dance and vocals," Wooyoung replied, still deliberating. "I'm definitely staying internal though."  Their school was linked directly to the university, in fact the campus was within walking distance. Hence, the policy was flexible for internal students, as the director was in charge of both.

"Me too," she smiled, silently relieved that she'd have an excuse to see him for longer than just one measely semester.

They quickly fell into their light conversation, and Jieun found herself relaxing, even as he slowly encouraged her to take over the conversation. She silently marvelled at his ability to settle a conversation, even tentively listening to her throughout every word. She didn't open up a lot; she liked to go with the flow and let the other person be the talker. But with Wooyoung; he was genuinely interested. And she found she didn't mind facilitating his wonder, as in turn he opened up to her. Like this, the conversation carried through their journey, and it wasn't long before Jieun reached her house.

"So whereabouts do you live?"

"Um," she looked around, remembering they actually had a purpose in walking; rather than just talking. She nearly squealed in embarassment as she saw the road ahead, quickly skipping back to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter