Falling

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Falling"

Jieun's POV

"Jal silgami anna. Wae kkumi anin geonji

Nado mitgiji anha neo saramin ge matni?

Neon moreugetji ama moreul geoya

Neoreul hyanghan nae mam love, love, love

'cause you’re my earth, air, water, fire

(You’re my) earth, air, water, fire.

Neol boneun nal boneun neol boneun na

Nal boneun neo-neo neol boneun na-na~"

I stir as I hear the melody, sighing softly as wake up. I turn over after a minute, recognising my ringtone, but my phone stopped ringing a while ago. Still, I pick up my phone, stifling yawn, and waking the screen, and turning the sound off. My eyes fly to the date.

Tuesday 30th June

"Ah," I groan, tempted to disppear back under the covers.

It's here.

The show case.

As soon as I think the words, my stomach becomes uncomfortable. I can't tell whether I'm scared, excited or dreading it, but I know it's somewhere in between. Yesterday had been a full day of rehearsal, rehearsal, food, rehearsal and more rehearsal. I had barely spoken to the girls, or cauht a glimpse of the boys. Even Wooyoung hadn't been around.

But even the thought of seeing Wooyoung doesn't get me out of bed right now.

"Whyyy~" I whine, burrowing my head in my comfortable pillow.

Somewhere during my justified denial, I feel my phone vibrate in my hands. Remembering that I had awoken to my ringtone, my eyes go back to the screen. Ignoring the '1 missed call' alert, I check the time. 

12:35.

I freeze.

"Omo," a few seconds pass, and I quickly recover. "Omo omo omo."

I fling the covers back, jumping out of bed and running to the bathroom. I rush through my morning routine, washing my face and showering at lightning speed. As I dry up whilst spreading enough toothpaste on my toothbrush and shoving it in my mouth, I hear my phone ring.

"Omo," I panic, looking about my person as I remember the very reason I awoke in the first place was due to my phone ringing.

Setting my eyes on my phone, flung carelessly on the sink side, I grab it quickly, struggling to answer. My eyes flicker to the time before I answer.

12:43.

I'm going to be lateee, omo...

"Yobotheayo," I answer breathlessly, struggling to get dressed whilst brushing my teeth, resulting in a muffled greeting.

There's a pause at the other end of the line.

"Jieun-ah?" a voice chuckles, resulting in an instant smile forming.

"Wooyoung Oppaaa, annyeong hashimnikka~" I say... or try to, but it came out more like this.

"Wooyun Offa, annyo hashisdjkka."

Wooyoung chuckles again, amused at my muffled korean.

"Good morning?" he asks, and I'm surprised he even managed to decipher that much. "It's well into afternoon Jagi."

Quickly rinsing my mouth, and glancing at my reflection, I clear my throat in effort to communicate.

"Neh oppa," I pout, moving into my room and scratching my head as I search my closet quickly. "I-"

"Got up late? I guessed."

I giggle despite my rush and panic.

"Neh~"

"Wow," Wooyoung chuckled. "Lee Jieun; late."

"Miss is going to be angry," I bite my lip.

"Aniya Jagi," he calms me, sensing my worry. "You have to be here by 1 today, not many came in early. I just got here about an hour ago. Dress rehearsal starts at 1, you can do it."

"Omo," I glance at the time. "Omo omo omo omo. I have fifteen minutes to get dressed and walk."

It takes about ten minutes to walk, and I'm not even dressed yet.

"Jagiyaaa~" Wooyoung cooes, making my worry lessen immediately. "Just get dressed. You'll be fine."

"Howww?" my brow crinkles.

He chuckles. "In five."

"Five? Five whats?"

He just chuckles, and I pause, one leg into my leggings.

"I'll be there."

"Where?"

"Just be ready."

My eyes widen, as I realise what he means.

"Ah, no Oppa, you'll be late too, don't worr-"

"Five minutes. Saranghaeyo."

"Na-do saranghaeyo," I reply on reflex. "Bu-"

He hangs up with a chuckle before I can respond.

Aish... I smile despite myself.

Minutes later, I'm opening the passengers door to Wooyoung's familiar car, comfortably sitting in the familiar seat. I'm in the car so often now, that the passengers seat is always set to my preference; seat high, due to my own height, back forward, and seat forward due to my lack of need for leg room. It's something the Oppa's often playfully whine about, but Wooyoung seems chuffed about it, and I can't deny it makes me happy too. Besides, I think Oppa's have given up travelling in Wooyoung's car.

"Good morning Jieunnie~" Wooyoung grins at me, his face glowing and bright, unlike my groggy half asleep features.

"Oppa~" I smile, as he leans over to peck my cheek.

"You look beautiful."

He chuckles as I blush, but I honestly doubt I'll ever get used to the tingling feeling he gives me. I'm not sure I want to.

"I'm giving you my bad habits. Who would've thought I'd be the one on time and you'd be late?"

"I know," I agree with a yawn, but smile at the thought of our personalities adjusting.

He's not far off the mark, we have adapted to each others routine. And not only in our body clocks. I have become more relaxed, whilst he's become more conscious... namingly, he hasn't ever been late, not for me.

But... on this occasion, I wouldn't say it's turned out for the best.

Previously, I wasn't ever late, whereas Wooyoung barely made it to school for first lesson. The first time I met him, he was in a rush. I smile softly, before Wooyoung reclaims my attention.

"You need to start setting an alarm," he chuckles, as he checks his mirrors before taking off.

"Neh~" I yawn. "I thought I did."

"I could always be your alarm," he smiles, as my face flushes.

I shake my head at his teasing, but smile thankfully.

"Gomawo Oppa."

"No problem," he shoots me a grin. "Excited for today?"

My stomach instantly jumps at these words.

"I don't know," I confess.

"You'll be fine," he chuckles, turning left at the end of the road.

"Mmm," I hum, biting my lip.

I really don't live very far from the school, and it takes only a few minutes to drive. But due to the many crossings and changing streets, it takes longer to walk. Walking alone, especially today, would have been tricky.

Having had a sleepless night, and also arising late, the idea of the show case was looking worse and worse.

Can I really do this?

I feel a warmth envelop my hand and look up to Wooyoung's reassuring features. He didn't say anything; he didn't have to, his eyes conveyed his message clearly, and suddenly I wasn't worried.

I can do this.

* * *

"Aish," Chaerin complains as she does her laces on her converses. "I don't understand why they have to do make up, hair, keep changing and re-changing. How does a dress rehearsal benefit any way?"

Seohyun and I giggle as she blows her bangs out of her eyes. We just finished the final dress rehearsal, and now we were free to practise or be free until 5:15pm. I check my watch, noting we finished early due to the absence of the intervals, meaning it's only 3:11pm.

"Almost there unnie," Seohyun smiles, but surprisingly, she sounds distracted.

I instantly turn to see what caused her unusually absent tone. To my surprise, she was staring at her phone. I wrinkled my nose, thinking of who she could be texting. She wasn't the typical-obsessed-with-her-phone teenager, in fact, she barely knew how to text.

"What are we doing for lunch?" Chaerin pipes up, rather loudly, causing Seohyun to look up. Seems Chaerin noticed her distraction too.

"We have two hours," Seohyun responds, her expression an odd mix of surprise and... something else?

"Maybe we should just go home," I suggest, biting my lip as I think of the preparation to come. 

Sure, the school was doing hair and make up for us, but I wanted to shower and prepare as best as I could before then.

"That seems like a good idea," Seohyun agrees, glancing down again to her phone.

"Yeah, I guess. I'm probably going to stay to practise with Minjun a little longer. Someone text the guys," Chaerin stands, dusting herself off. "They'll be with the others."

"Done," Seohyun replies, before either one of us can pull out our phones.

This time, Chaerin and I exchange a look. So Seohyun is being odd...

Before we can make any more of it, the bell rings, and we all bid our goodbyes as we head to our respective destinations.

 

* * *

Nobody's POV

"Here we are!" Chansung announced, as  a curious Seohyun followed the teenage boy to the apartment door..

Seohyun wasn't entirely sure how she even ended up here, even after the fifteen mnute journey, a large portion of which was locating the actual apartment. Seohyun had decided that it was his texting all  morning that encouraged her to seek out his presence, and he gave a distinct opportunity when he suggested she spend the few hours they had spare, with him. She lived further away, and besides none of her family were home; her parents were at work, and she lacked the company of any siblings, being an only child. Chansung didn't live far from the school, so it was practical. Besides, their texting marathon really was quite enjoyable, and admittedly she had warmed up to him, since the cinema movie day last week, after which he had accompanied her home. It wasn't till after he had left she found that he had somehow swipped her phone and added her number. They had texted since.

She wasn't sure what it meant, not entirely. But more and more often, she was hearing Tae and Miyoung's words, and the more she got to know Chansung, the more she became to warm to believing them.

Now, as they stood in front of his home, an apartment. When they had entered the luxury apartment building, she was surprised for some reason. On her way over here she had gathered that he must have a small family, and no need for a large house like the others. But now as she stood here, she felt somehow that wasn't it. The dark wooden finished door, with the metallic number 4 in the centre somehow made her reconsider. He didn't knock, but went ahead and unlocked the door, Seohyun watching all the while, before pushing it open. 

Chansung stood back with flourish, smiling at Seohyun.

"Milady," he grinned, holding the door.

Seohyun smiled, shaking her head. She had gotten used to his silly antics, and had come to some-what understand, at last, his sense of humour. 

Seohyun walked forward, reaching the entrance before pausing hesitantly. It was quiet. The curtains were drawn, the lights off; so it was dark, as if no one occupied the home.

Work.

She guessed, stepping inside the apartment. Seohyun walked in further, and Chansung followed closely behind, dumping his school bag on the side instantly, and walking ahead to flick on the lights, before turning to her.

"This is home."

Seohyun looked around her from her position at the door, walking slowly to him as she examined the apartment. The door opened to a fairly small lounging room, a sofa in front of a flatscreen tv against the back wall, with a small lounge set up; a large couch extending across the middle, and two smaller couch-chairs either side, forming a square surrounding the tv. A coffee table sat in the middle of this set up, scattered with video games, two games controllers left on the sofa.

Seohyun glanced over to Chansung, who was watching her anxiously. Despite his relaxed exterior, he felt nervous as she looked around. This was a major part of his life, one that was kept on the low, aside from his six closest friends... and he and the girl he liked were finally close enough to share it. Growing closer to her had only made him happy, and he knew it was coming. He had figured bringing here would be the best way to explain... But he'd let her work it out before he told her.

Looking away, she moved closer into the house, observing her surroundings. Behind the sitting room, was a small, open plan kitchen, everything in plain sight; the pots and pans on the stove, the dishes on the rack. As Seohyun walked further in to investigate. She stopped in front of the kitchen, noting that the dishes were still in the sink. One bowl. One mug.

She began to put this all together; the lack of companionship touches to the flat. The distinct emptiness. The smell that she now recognised as his aftershave.

"Feel free to look around."

Seohyun turned around, to see Chansung facing away from her, loitering in the kitchen, rustling about in the drawers. Little did she know, just a moment ago, he was watching her figure it out inamusement. He couldn't stay anxious when he saw her cute expressions, teh answer at the tip of her tongue.

"Neh," she nodded, and after tiptoeing to peek at what he was doing, turned to walk around the apartment.

Scanning the room, her eyes landed on the doorway she presumed lead to the rest of the apartment. with slow steps, she looked around herself, noting the desk and laptop, along with a few books and pens just outide the living roomspace. She headed through the door, her steps hesitant as she explored the small corridor. Her eyes flew to the central room, the door to which was wide open. Automatically, she stepped through.

"Wah~"

She looked around the room in suprise. Instantly she knew it was Chansung's, despite the simple layout and mature feel. It felt like him, his aura radiating from the space. How that would've worked, when she saw him as childish, she would't know. But somehow, over the past few weeks, when they had spent increasing amounts of time in each others company... she knew the way she viewed him had changed. Maybe it was the underlining sense of maturity that seemed to appear in increasing amounts, or maybe it was just that she knew him better than she once did. For whatever reason, he wasn't the same misbehaving child she had once seen him as.

The room was spacious and airy, with the queen-sized bed on a slightly raised platform in the middle of the room. The white-cream room, with light wooden floors and blue accents was an insant remedy for relaxation. She could feel herself growing accustomed to her surroundings, quite a rarity for her. She didn't usually like unfamiliar things.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter