With You

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"With You"

 

Nobody's POV

Another day had passed, and Jieun had seen no sign of Wooyoung.

Admittedly, she was disappointed as she gazed at his empty chair. After break yesterday, she had been busy, and even spent her lunch with the girls. Therefore, she hadn't had a chance to bump into him again. Their music teacher had been absent for the practical lesson, robbing Jieun of her much anticipated encounter with him, and causing her to feel somewhat empty as she noted the deserted classroom.

Still, third lesson had come about, and with it another music theory lesson. As she sat at her desk, she watched the students enter one by one, her heart beat increasing each time the door opened, only to fall again when someone else entered. After the fifth time, she grew tired.

She had met him just last week, and yet already she thought of him just a little too much. She knew she couldn't help herself, as she bit her lip anxiously, wondering what he would do today, before cursing herself for being so conscious of his effect on her. As she pondered this, the classroom door finally opened to reveal his face. Her wandering gaze went to routinely check the door, only to freeze as she saw his face, her breath catching in .

She watched wide-eyed as he progressed to his seat, nodding and acknowledging acquiantances in the class. She waited anxioussly, willing him to look up and see her. Surely, he must feel her gaze? The fact that she couldn't look away, persuaded her of that.

But he didn't.

Jieun couldn't control the wave of disappointment that flooded over her as she saw Wooyoung take his seat near thre front, not sparing a glance for her. Her stomach sank and she felt, once again, stupid for thinking he would. Her gaze fell to her desk.

See. He was just being nice... like he would to anyone else.

She slumped in her seat as the lesson began, her cheeks heating up as she scolded herself for expecting anything more. As the lesson progressed, for once she couldn't make herself focus. Each time she started to listen to the teacher again, her eyes strayed to his seat. Even when she got her result for the past pop-quiz - achieving 90%, the highest in the class and astonishing as she had just started the course - she couldn't make herself smile. Yet again, she had failed to convinced herself not to overthink. She didn't understand what he was doing, and now that Wooyoung wasn't in front of her she wasn't sure what to believe anymore, and the doubt grew and grew in her mind.

By the end of the hour, she had come to the conclusion that she had imagined the spark she saw in his eyes, and the teasing on his end. He wasn't flirting, just being nice. Wooyoung would probably never talk to her again.

Meanwhile, Wooyoung was by no means focusing on class. As soon as he had taken his seat, and was convinced the teacher wasn't watching him like a hawk, he had turned to scan the room. His eyes immediately landed on her, but she was preoccupied. He figured she was writing or something, as she looked down at her paper, with a concerned expression. Still, she looked cute as hell. hat was enough to make him smile. Even though it was theory, and he should have been bored out of his mind, their small interaction made him smile. After a weekend of regretting not taking more extreme action, or at least getting closer to her, he had finally broken the communication barrier yesterday. The whole weekend she had been popping up in his mind, and after his successful breach yesterday, he had decided he was going to explore the feeling she gave him.

He grinned to himself, and began planning how to approach her. He knew he would have to make the first move; one without an excuse or a reason. He wanted her to know that he wanted something more; and didn't want to let the obvious attraction he felt turn into a distant memory. So no more beating around the bush.

After a grueling hour, the lesson finally drew to a close. Everyone began to rush out of the class room, keen to get to their friends and break. Even the teacher left. Soon the class room was empty, with the exception of Jieun. The whole hour she had spent anxiously bituing her lip and regretting letting Wooyoung mean anything to her, not that she had any control over it. She snapped out of her wallowing, several minutes after the bell, sighing as she packed her books away. Being the klutz that she was, she dropped two of her books on the floor. Just as she was about to bend to retrieve them, a hand reached out and grabbed them before she could. Heart beating fast, as she had thought she was alone, she looked up to see Wooyoung smiling at her.

"Hey."

Jieun stood up stock straight as she heard his voice, staring up at him in shock. She didn't know how to react as he smiled widely at her, her mind telling her to be cautious - after all she had just convinced herself he didn't care - but her gut told her to relax. As if he could sense her confusion, he spoke quickly.

"I couldn't talk to you when I came in," he immediately extinguished her worries. "It was irritating. I could feel the teacher burning holes into the back of my head. So... hello."

Just like that her doubt wavered. The twinkle was still in his eyes as he smiled at her. She felt the urge to let her guard down, almost sighing in relief, as the tight knot in her stomach disappeared with his explanation. It made sense. But she still couldn't make her limbs move.

"W-Wooyoung," she finally managed, and he quickly stood to attention, gazing at her honestly.

At her hesitance, he cursed himself for not trying harder. She was uncomfortable and surprised; feelings which he had obviously induced with his ambiguity. He was intent to dispell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter