Meanwhile...

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Meanwhile"

PART 2 OF DOUBLE UPDATE

A/N~ PLZ Read the authors note at the end

Nobody's POV

"Are you sure?" Wooyoung asked as the two of them walked towards the music block, swinging their intertwined hands.

"I.. I think so," Jieun inhaled, glancing sideways to him as she reconsidered. "But... D-do you think I can?"

Wooyoung chuckled pulling her to the side, out of the way of flowing students, and made her face him fully.

"Of course you can," he smiled, tilting her chin so that her wide innocent eyes gazed straight into his. "It's time for you to shine. And I know you can."

She stopped fiddling with her hands as her face relaxed, and she smiled up to him lighting up her whole face.

He chuckled, noting yet again how much more relaxed she had become around him. Over the past few weeks, he had noticed the lack of her usual overly shyness. If the two of them had been even slightly intimate before, she would cower and blush and stutter. Now she was a lot more comfortable around him and that simple fact warmed his heart.

It was this confidence which had led her to perform alone on stage. All alone, deciding to go solo without Wooyoung. She knew she had been hiding from herself, and she had felt like she was leaning a little too much on him. This was something she had to do.

Jieun suddenly leant forward, landing a soft peck on Wooyoung's cheek. He blinked to see Jieun pulling back with a smile.

"Thank you Oppa," she smiled. On cue, her cheeks flush bright pink, as her face heats up.

Okay, not completed un-shy.

But I can't say that I'm that accustomed either.

"Damn, why is my girl so cute," Wooyoung pinched her cheeks, her cuteness overloading.

"Oppa," she giggled, walking ahead and pulling him with her, as he trailed along with a grin.

I honestly couldn't be happier than I am right now.

A glint of silver caught his eye, and he glanced down to her hand, only to note the silver band which sat on her right hand. The couple ring only made his smile widen.

Okay, now I couldn't be happier...

They continued their walk toward her music room, as Jieun spoke up.

"I hope unnie's ok," she bit her bottom lip, suppressing a smile as she remembered earlier events. Unnie didn't seem too uptight...

Wooyoung, on the other hand, burst out laughing.

"Yeah, Chansung is a little... possessive over her, right?" he chuckled, remembering Chansung yanking the poor girl away the moment the group had split, and Taecyeon rolling his eyes as he chased after him. That left Jieun, who was in their music group, to walk there alone. Hence their current status of heading over there.

Jieun only nodded with a giggle.

Too quickly, they arrived in front of her music room, the two snickering as they heard distant screams, which sounded oddly like Taecyeon and Chansung.

"I'd better go," Wooyoung rolled his eyes with a chuckle.

Jieun looked sideways at the door, definitely fearing for her unnie's life, but also with a little grin.

"See you at lunch Oppa," she smiled, about to walk away before a pressure on her hand pulled her back. She turned back, only to face Wooyoung putting on a sulky expression.

"Yah, are you not even gonna give your boyfriend a peck on the cheek?" he asked, frowning slightly as she giggled.

"Oppaaa," she whined, smiling widely. "You already got your 'peck'."

Wooyoung only scowled like a child, and she had to supress a giggle at his childish acts. When he still didn't let go, she sighed in defeat, blushing heavily as she agreed.

"Fine," she pouted.

Wooyoung chuckled, tapping his cheek impatiently. She smiled leaning in, but Wooyoung seemed to have other plans.

At the last second, he turned and pushed forward so that her lips landed square on his. A little squeal escaped her, but he just pulled her closer, making the most of it. Jieun's heart pumped harder in her chest, and her hands landed on his chest. He almost smirked as he felt her playful resistance crumple, and she swayed a little as he increased the intensity of the kiss.

After a few seconds he pulled away, chuckling at Jieun's dazed look.

"See you then Jagiya," he chuckled, waiting as she came back to reality. He waited a few more seconds as she satred up at him, her breathing labored, studying her hooded eyes and slightly pouted lips, before being unable to reist one last peck. "Oh, and I love you." he smiled widely, walking backwards rather speedily. It was another three seconds, and a little more distance, before her eyes widened and her cheeks turned tomato red, as she snapped her gaze to Wooyoung's retreating figure.

"Oppaaa," and with that, he was off, with the most ridiculous grin he could muster, his heartbeat out of pace and breathing heavy, with everyone staring at him with various expressions.

And yet, he didn't care. And neither did she.

"... remind me why we're here again?" Seohyun asked, glancing around the cramped storage cupboard Chansung shoved the two into, after running around for the first half of the lesson, precisely 9 minutes ago.

"It's quite simple," he answered, smiling widely, which looked pretty strange considering the only light was coming from his phone, creating shadows around them. "Taecyeon hyung is after us."

She frowned. "No he's after you. Why's that again?"

"To send you off and force me to work boringly on a stupid song we have to stupidly perform on stupid performance evening."

She wrinkled her nose. "But I thought you liked the performance."

"I do."

"But you just said..."

"Yes."

"Oh."

Silence follows, and Seohyun turned to analyse their surroundings. The cupboard was small, barely big enough for the two of them to fit, meaning they were squished together, barely left with breathing space. Yet it was pretty comfortable. Oddly so in fact, for both of them.

"So, my hyung's dating your unnie," Chansung piped up.

Seohyun looked back at him, noting his presence again.

"Yes. My unnies in love with your hyung."

Chansung frowned. "Love?"

She blinked. "Yes, love."

"You mean you believe that make-believe kid stuff?"

"No!" Seohyun shook her head, wondering how he had teh nerve to accuse her of 'kid stuff' after hiding in a cupboard with a game of hide and seek, gone wrong. "I mean the holding hands, falling in love, getting married, perfectly fitting couple stuff."

He screwed up his face, but Seohyun was barely paying attention, lost in her own world. "Sounds the same to me."

She shook her head, but didn't say any thing. It's not like he'd understand any way.

"... have you been in love?" Chansung blurted suddenly, surprising Seohyun. Still, she answers automatically.

"Yes."

He straightened his back. "Who with?" his eyes suddenly looked harder than before, but his expression didn't match. In fact, Seohyun considered, he looked rather confused.

"I don't know," she answered any way.

"... what?"

"I don't know."

"What does he look like?"

"I don't know."

"Does he go to our school?"

"I don't know."

"So," he frowned. "You don't know any thing about the person who you're in love with?"

"Yes."

"But... don't you have to know someone to be in 'love' with them?"

"No."

He stared at her. She stared at him.

"Well?" he asked.

"Well what?"

"Aren't you gonna explain?"

She blinked.

"Well... I guess."

Silence.

"Aren't yo-"

"I am in love," she interrupted. "I just don't know who with."

He settled down, and for the first time since she had known him, kept quiet and listened.

"Being in love, isn't something that you choose," she started carefully. "You don't 'fall in love'. You're always in love, just with that one person. And when you meet them it isn't a choice. You're tied to them, there's a red string attaching you to your partner. You can't break it, and you can't pull it closer, all you can do is wait. Some people go out and get their hearts broken too, but I chose to wait faithfully. It may be long, and sometimes yearning is too powerful, like when my unnies talk about their boyfriends, and even my dongsaeng has found her other half. But I still wait. Because, I know it will all be worth it. When the person comes along who can steal my heart in a heartbeat, and know me like the back of their hand, being there for me always; it will be much more than I could've hoped for. So I wait. Cos I'm already in love. I'm just waiting for him to show up."

Silence rung ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter