Normalacy

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Normalacy"

A/N~ Make sure you read the authors note at the end. Especially bold, it's important. (IYMYTO FIRST BIRTHDAY!)

Qian's POV

"Students!" Mrs Ahn calls struggling to get the attention of the hall, in which all the students of our grade are gathered.

It's 9am, the time that everyone is supposed to register at the performance hall, which is where we are all gathered now. The students are all in front of the stage, in front of the first row of seats, whilst most of the teachers stand on the stage setting things up. Nichkhun and I arrived a while ago, and now we stand side by side, members from both of our groups gathered around us, each in separate pairs. We wait patiently for the teachers to speak, but it seems the rest of the pupils aren't as considerate.

It doesn't help that Mrs Ahn is only a small, quiet and soft teacher who isn't seemingly able to grab their attention.

The other teachers are busy organising the stage for the rehearsal and by the time they're done, the class is way out of control. There's around 180 students versus just a few teachers.

"CLASS!" Miss Kwon yells, coming to stand beside the shorter woman. Usually, Mrs Kwon can easily get attention from the class, but it seems the hype of the show case is catching on. Everyone is too busy in their own conversations.

"KIDS!" A booming voice rings out from centre stage, making everyone freeze abruptly in their actions to look to the source of the yell.

I too followed their gaze, a small smile forming on my lips as I take in the figure standing up on a raised block on the stage, microphone in hand, one hand in his pocket, as he slouched slightly with a serious face, silencing the whole year.

Of course...

"Cheers," Yunho grinned, his expression change so drastic that it must of scared the whole room, dropping the microphone and hopping down from the platform to come and stand behind Miss Kwon.

Trust Yunho to be the kid tamer. He shoots me a smile as he sees me, and I nod with a grin, my eyes flickering to Miss Kwon. I don't miss the smile she shoots him, or the wink he directs to her.

"Yes," Mrs Ahn clears . "Thank you Mr Shim." she says, gazing sternly around the students, as though her words contain a warning to them. I guess someone has to make the moment memorable and not grin like Yunho, so they won't interrupt again and Mrs Ahn is that person, being the eldest here. Still, she's only around her late twenties...

Yunho opens his mouth, probably to protest against the name she addressed him by, knowing how informal he is. But this time, Miss Kwon interrupts before he can speak.

"Now that we have your attention, could you all settle down on the front row, so we can explain the content of today," she says quickly, and I have to hide a smile at how well they seem to be getting on. She too seems to be hiding her own laughter.

Aish these two... since when is Yunho a raging teen...?

Even if only for this short pause, the class noise level picks up and a murmuring starts around the hall, as people head to their seats. I'm too caught up in smiling at the scene in front of me to move toward the seats. So when I feel a grip on my hand and look up to Nichkhun, I don't question him as he tugs me to the first row. I try to behave normal, not giving the slightest hint that I can practically feel warmth radiating from our contact. I keep my eyes on him as he leads me, wondering idly if he can feel it too.

Nichkhun and I sit a few seats away from Soeun and Chaerin, but everyone's pretty much separated out, with their other half. Only Chaerin 'can't bare to be around Minjun' and, well Soeun's another story...

"They seem... cozy," Nichkhun breaks the silence referring to Yunho and Miss Kwon, and I glance up at him.

"Yeah," I chuckle softly. "They do."

Nichkhun grins and I note, yet again. Nichkun's sensitivity to the emotion. I wonder if I'm as easy to read to him as any one else is. I probably am, considering the fact he often knows just what to say.

"SO STUDENTS," Mr Lee booms, and we all look back to the stage.

All of the performing arts teachers are now gathered together; Mr Lee, head of theatre, Mrs Kim, head of dance, Mrs Ahn and Miss Kwon, joint head of music. These aren't the only performing arts teachers, but the girls and I are lucky enough to have the head of each subject teaching us. Others have alternate teachers, who too are gathered here, as well as a few hired-for-this-week-only coaches. Yunho is also here, as a guest coach, but also main role in the production. Turns out he's playing a pretty big role. Since this is an arts school, there are also some other senior members of staff, mainly head of year and a few assistant head. The director is no where to be seen though...

"As you well know, this day has been tailored to enable you to all focus solely on the big day ahead," he continues, clapping his hands together with a look of excitement. "Today, we will run on a loose schedule of the  production. But we also want to let you know more details about the production itself."

The atmosphere picks up. We don't know very much about the format of the day, only that it will be on Tuesday evening. Even on the invitations only the starting time was shown. Everyone in the room changes to a serious expression, Yunho and all the others watching on sternly.

Mr Lee hushed the class, before ending his words. "Both of these things have been jointly arranged. Mrs Kim holds the current decisions." he indicated to where the former stood.

"Thank you Mr Lee," Mrs Kim nods, walking closer to the front of the stage. "The schedule is very vague. I have created a list, an order, of which group goes when." she pauses to hold up a clip board. "On here, I have to order of each and every performance scheduled for Tuesday. This is the order of numbers only, like I said. The individual times will be given tomorrow," she met everyone's gaze, hammering in the information. "As you already know, there are one-hundred-and-twenty of you in total, exactly. You already know that Seoul School of Performing Art's is detailed and proportional. One third of the students in here belong to the dance department, one third belong to the music, and the last third belong to theatre. The few, and I mean few, of you who do more than one of these subjects, count for only one of these groups, as you are all only doing one performance. Just the one. Correct?" she raises an eyebrow, her tone firm and business like.

A low agreement echoes around the hall, and I see the boredom on several students faces. I sigh, feeling sorry for the teachers here. Not only do they have to plan everything to the finest detail, but they have to make sure to hammer it into everyone's head. One person could ruin the whole thing. It's there responsibility to keep everyone in check.

"Because of that, for this last part of the year only, think of yourselves of belonging to only one department. It will be a lot easier to understand," she continues. "So as I was saying, there are 3 separate groups; music, dance, theatre. Each of you belong to one, meaning each group contains 40 students. One group is soley made of one performance; all the drama students are doing the drama piece. So that leaves 80 students to perform. Each performance is ONLY 5 minutes long. If you were all doing it in pairs, including break and extra time taken into consideration it would work out to be nearly 4 hours long,"

A gasp goes round the class as people absorb this, and students murmur in disapproval. I frown, as I know she isn't finished.

"That would be t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter