Acquainted

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Acquainted..."

Seohyun's POV

"Quickly now, take a seat," Mrs Lee calls grumpily. 

The bell hasn't gone yet, but she doesn't seem to be in a good mood. I pity anyone who arrives later than this. I make my way to my desk, sighing in relief as I note that the desk to the left of me is empty. Yes, Chansung...

We seem to have become attached. Whilst everyone else is off in a couple, or at least talking to each other, we're the only two without a special tie with any one. Qian and Nichkhun have a long history, Soeun and Junho met before, Chaerin and Minjun are paired up in music, Yoonah and Taecyeon have been crushing on each other forever, and Jieun met Wooyoung and they have become a couple. Chansung and I are the only awkward third wheels, and that for some reason pushes us together.

And I literally can't avoid him. He seems to love teasing me.

I sigh as I take out my books. Thankfully the week is almost over.... I smile as I remember our weekend. It's been almost a week since Yoonah and Jieun both went on a first date, returning with happy tales to tell. Apparently, Taecyeon had planned a pretty casual date, but it was the most fun Yoonah had ever had on a date. She said they went into the city, and shopped and messed around. It was pretty sweet. Jieun too, had a brilliant time. He took her to a fun fair, and came back with a cute teddy, and also a new ring. I haven't seen her bare finger since.

I couldn't help but be envious of both Yoonah and Jieun's dates. It really is a picture perfect romance. 

"Late again?!" Mrs Lee barks suddenly, interrupting my train of thought

I exhale, keeping my head down, uninterested in the argument.

"Late? The bell hasn't even gone Miss!" the boy exclaims. I sigh.

"You..." she begins again. "Oh just take a seat."

Even the teacher has given up on the boy.

I hear a shuffling next to me, and then sense a stare. I turn my head slowly.

"Noona!" he grins.

"Chansung-ssi," I blink. "Why are you shouting, I'm right here."

"Hahahaha," he grins, settling back. I blink a few times, but then look down to my work.

* * *

The lesson finishes, and I stand up, heading straight for the door.

"Hey, wait!" He calls, and I turn.

"Yes?"

"Aren't you gonna wait for me?"

"Why?"

"Cause that's what friends do."

"Friends?" I squint. "When did we decide that?"

He has caught up to me now, and is standing beside me. 

"Well, I dunno,"  he shrugs. 

I stare at him.

"Why are we friends?" I ask. "How?"

"Well..." he begins, his expression amused. "We hang out a lot together, we share classes, we talk to each other... we're friends."

I blink at his logic. That makes sense I guess. So that's why he's been following me! We're... friends.

"Okay," I agree. "We are friends."

He smiles, his mouth stretching to inhuman widths. 

"Waah," I say, pointing to his teeth. 

"What?" he asks, still beaming.

"You have a big mouth," I comment.

He blinks. Then nods. "Yeah, I guess I do," he says, grinning even wider.

I start walking after a few seconds of just standing there, and he follows quickly.

"So where are you going?" 

"Class."

"But class is over."

"No it isn't."

"Yes it is."

"Chansung, it's third period. There are more then three hours in a school day, right?"

"Yes."

"Then there is class."

"No."

"But it was only just second period!" I say incredulously.

"Yeah, and after second period comes break."

I freeze mid step. Wait... that makes sense. I quickly do some calculations in my head, just running over the day so far... he's right.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

I stand there, not moving. There's silence for another minute or so, before he speaks again.

"So... where are you going?" he says, starting back from the original question.

"I... I don't know," I admit. Everyone's busy practising. I can't blame them, since there is only a few weeks left till the production. But I don't want to do extra practise, and today is not my day to do so. But unfortunately, it is for everyone else. 

"Hm... you wanna hang out?" 

"Um," I think. "Well, I guess since no one else is around." I nod slowly.

"Great!" he grins, taking my wrist. "Let's go."

He races around the school, and out the entrance, until we stop in the gardens. Then I can't take it any more.

"STOP!" I cry as he drags me along, his grip on wrist a little too harsh. 

"Wae?" he asks, furrowing his eyebrows, but stops in his tracks.

"Let go of my arm," I insist, and he does so. I grip my wrist as it strings slightly, whilst staring at him. "Why'd you do that?"

"What?" 

"Drag me a long?" 

"...Oh yeah," he grins goofily. I just stare at him.

"You know you are very-"

"-Strange. I know. And you're very-"

"-Interesting. I know," I smile, unable to hold back.

Chansung smiles softly at me, and I almost see him as a adult...

"LET'S GO!" he exclaims. 

And, it's gone.

"Where?" I question, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Here!" he calls, taking my wrist again, making me flinch. "Wae?"

"It stings a bit," I admit, and he drops my wrist quickly in shock.

"Crap," he looks shocked, before sighing. "I'm sorry noona."

"... Okay," I wonder the the mood suddenly mellowed, his smile disppearing.

I back away as he scratches his neck awkwardly, and head to a nearby picnic bench, trying to avoid his crestfallen face as I take out a few books, and start a little light studying. He doesn't follow and I look away.

There's total silence, but after a few seconds I can feel something. I scratch at the back of my neck, a hint of something. And I turn... nose to nose with Chansung.

I stare at him. He stares at me. You know, I've never realised how strong his jaw line is, or how wide his eyes are. From this angle, he kind of looks... really good.

"I WON!" he calls.

"What?"

"YOU BLINKED! I WON THE STARING CONTEST!"

...

"Right," I nod, turning back to my work. He really is a rollercoaster; is he awkward or childish? I can't tell.

"Noona," a faint whisper speaks. I ignore it, noting the fact he has moved away. 

"Noona," it comes again, this time a little lower, and a little closer.

"Noona," he says, and this time a freeze. He's too close.

"Seohyun noona," he breathes, his breath ticking my ear.

"Seohyun," he says, and my eye lids flutter.

"Seo Joo-hyun."

And that's when I snap my head to him. 

"Don't call me that," I say, to a bewildered looking Chansung. "How did you even know that was my name?" I've ensured that everyone calls me by my 'nick' name. Sure, it isn't my birth name, I've just put my family name and the last part of my forename together.

"Why can't I call you that? It's your name isn't it? Joo Hyun, Joo Hyun, Joo Hyun," he smirked, now a safe dis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter