It's You

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Aegyo Love"

Nobody's POV

|| FLASH BACK ||

Wooyoung sat down on the sofa, exhaling deeply and thankful for the quiet. His family were at a family gathering today and wouldn't be home until the end of the weekend. He had thankfully managed to dodge this one, due to his 'heavy performance pressure' and 'great need to practise'. He was gonna spend the weekend 'practising'; since  It wasn't that he minded spending time with the family, not at all. It's just that they always managed ti be meeting with a 'close family friend' with a daughter around the same age as him. They would then proceed to play match maker for the whole of the evening... and to be honest, he was getting sick of it. Not to mention the fact he now had other engagements in thet department.

Damn, I really need to tell them about Jieun...

Not that he was hesitant. In fact, he would happily announce their relationship to the whole of Seoul, even South Korea. But Jieun was not so bold. She was shy, very shy, and not completely sure of herself. Not to mention this being her first ever relationship. Since he had met her, he had played a role in increasing her self assurance. And even though he was sure Jieun was the one for him, meeting with the family was a big step. Wooyoung wouldn't push Jieun into something she wasn't ready for.

He loosened his tie, pulling his phone out of his pocket and bringing up his contact list. His thumb hovered over Jieun's name. 

Should I tell her where, or surprise her...

His gaze flickered to the shiny silver BMW parked outside. Yeah, he had recently gotten a license. He was actually the third of his friends to do so. Nichkhun and Taecyeon had already got it, and Junho was planning on taking the test within two weeks. Minjun had taken the test and passed after Wooyoung, being the fourth to get his license, and Chansung was too lazy.

Surprise He decided, finally looking down to his phone and tapping 'dial'.

On the other end, Jieun was sitting in the living room with her little sister, helping her with her homework. Or trying to anyway.

"And then you carry the five and multiply the two... done!" She smiled, turning to face the chubby cheeked girl. "Understand Sanmi?"

The young girl looked at her, confusion eched into her cute features.

"No unnie..."

Of course not... Jieun smiled fondly, shaking her head at the girl.

"Okay, let me get my old text book," she smiled, standing and leaving the confused girl to ponder the difficulty of life. She headed up the stairs, walking to her room. She grabbed the text book off her desk, and was just about to leave, when a soft ringing broke the silence. Turning back to her desk, she collected her phone, checking the ID before answering with a grin.

"Yoboseyo?" she answered, softly closing her bedroom door.

"Jieun," Wooyoung smiled on the other end.

"Oppa," she smiled widely, leaning against her desk.

"You okay? Not busy?"

"Yes, fine oppa, I'm just in my room."

"Good. Listen Jieun, are you free tomorrow?"

She thought.

Practise for the show case cancelled...

"Yes," she replied, figuring Wooyoung would bring her over, or go out and watch a movie, as they often did."Wae?"

"Okay," he smiled. "Be ready at 2:30pm, I'll come and collect you from your house."

Jieun opened to question, but Wooyoung spoke first.

"Just come as your self, nothing else... trust me."

"O-okay," Jieun stuttered, a smile forming on her lips. "I'll see you then oppa."

 What do you have planned...?

"Bye Jieun."

"Bye," she smiled, as she hung up.

She held the phone tightly to her chest as she bit her lip. They'd gone out on informal dates before, but Wooyoung wasn't the type to be overly romantic; but he didn't need to be, his simple gestures were hard for her to get over. Still, a surprise? It was different.

She sighed, opening her door and heading downstairs, only to bump into her sister.

"Unnie, why are you smiling so bigly?"                 

Meanwhile Wooyoung set about with his preparations for tomorrow, glad that his family was till busy tomorrow.

|| END OF FLASH BACK ||

Jieun's POV

I look in the mirror for the umpteenth time today, checking my outfit yet again. I look over the shorts and over-sized tee, paired with a pair of flats, and sigh. Then I fix my hair, which I've left to simply lie around my shoulders. I smile, trying to brighten it up. But then my smile falls again.

"What to do?" I sigh, slumping.

This is not usually me. I usually don't stress too much about dressing up. But not today. Today here I am, worrying about the colour of my tee, if my lip gloss is smudged, if my shorts are creased. I guess it's only to be expected, with the vagueness of his request...

Wooyoung truly is introducing me to new things. My first relationship, my first kiss, my first love. I smile as I remember when he said it. That he loved me, right after he stole my first kiss. I said it too. It just fit. I knew it.

I think over his words as I study my reflection. 

Just come as yourself... nothing else...

I inhale, taking one last look at myself, before rushing out of my room determinedly, grabbing my small bag on the way out. 

My family are all out for the day, the parents dining together. They won't be back till late.

I collapse on the sofa in the living room, where there re no mirrors to worry me. I don't usually wear any make up casually, even today I'm only wearing a little lip tint.

I try to calm myself by taking deep breaths. My phone buzzes after my third breath, and I glance down in confusion.  The message is from Qian's number.

Hey little sis! I'm here with all the girls, aside from Yoonah, who is almost ready for her date! We just wanted to wish you fun on your date tonight! Don't worry about anything, you'll have fun. Remember, it's Wooyoung! Be yourself, have fun and don't stay out too late. Say hi from us!

Qian and the girls xx

When I had told the girls first, and found out Taecyeon had finally asked Yoonah out for the same day, we had a celebration. It was gonna be great; its just a shame I couldn't  be round hers to help too, but since mine is earlier, I told them to go to Yoonah.

I smile as I re-read the message once more, hearing the words in Qian unnie's reassuring voice. 

I have amazing friends...

I gradually begin to calm, finally feeling more comfortable and like myself. I put my phone back in my bag, checking to make sure I have everything.

Phone, purse, bus pass, keys and credit card. My parents got one in my name as soon as it was legal, insisting I needed to take kit every where for emergencies. 

Done!

I check my phone before putting it back, glancing at the time. 1:29pm. I'm just getting restless when I hear the door bell ring. I immediately jump up.

 This is it then.   

I take a deep breath, heading towards the door with a smile on my face.

* * * *

Wooyoung's POV

I smile as the door opens, revealing a smiling petite figure. Although she's dressed simply, she somehow manages to look both breathtaking and cute at the same time, all whilst looking like herself. She radiates natural charm.

The Jieun I know. Just like I said.

"Oppa," she smiles, her eyes meeting mine.

"Hey Jieun," I grin, waiting as she steps out, closing and locking the door behind her carefully, checking it's firm, before turning back to me. 

I instantly take her hand, my grin widening as she gives a little gasp. 

"Let's go."

I pull her away from the house, towards the curb. She stops suddenly, widening her eyes.

"Hey, what's this doing here? Who parked it in front of our drive?" she wondered, narrowing her eyes as she analysed the car. I chuckle at her expression, her lips subcosciously formed into  cute pout. I watch her ponder for a few more seconds, before finally raising my car keys and pressing the unlock button. She jumps as the lights flash twice, the locks sliding up.

"Kyyaa?!" she squeals. "Whaa...?"

"Come on Jieun-ah," I chuckle, pulling her toward my car. I open the passenger door, as she stands their gobsmacked. 

"This is your car?" she asks, her eyes widening even more. 

"Yeah," I smile, her eyes flickering between me and the car, before she finally stumbles in. I wait for her to sit, chuckling as I close the door softly behind her, making my way over to the driver's side. 

As soon as I get in, I turn to face her, seeing her gape at the black-leather interrior. 

"You okay?" I ask.

She only nods, he mouth slightly agape.

I chuckle, keys in the ignition as I press the 'STOP/START' button, before moving both hands, one hand on the wheel, one on the gear stick. I hear her inhale beside me, and I'm unable to prevent the smile from spreading across my face. The first person to ride in my first car beside me is Jieun. This fact makes my smile widen.

I start driving as I wait for her to recover, the smile lingering on my lips. This atmosphere... it couldn't be better.

"Like it?" I ask after a while, giving up on waiting for her to speak. 

"Y-yes," she stutters, causing me to chuckle again. Everything she does is just too cute, too drawing, to be healthy. 

We sit in silence for a few seconds, before she speaks again.

"Where are we going?"  she asks, seemingly more relaxed. I glance over to her momentarily, since we're going down a straight road. 

"You'll see," I smile at her curious expression, as she pouts at my cryptic answer.

I feel the weight of the gift in my jeans and grin.

Today's gonna be good

* * *

"We're here," I announce, stopping the engine.

It's taken longe than I thought to get here, but it was worth it. The sun shines down on the once vacant fields, masses of people visible even from afar. You can even hear the joyful music, above the hundreds of voices.

"A... funfair!" Jieun squeals, making cute clapping gestures. "How did you know?! Asa!"

I smile, glad my decision was the right one. I thought this was the right place to go, figuring she's not the type who'd want to waste a load of money on an expensive restaurant, to eat expensive dishes and sit there stiffly for the evening. I want this date to be special, as much as I want the date to be fun - we've only been on typical movie dates and dinners.... she deserves a full date, even if it's amongst school preparation. This fun fair is well known, and when I heard it was close, it was perfect.

"Come on," I smile, opening the door.

* * * *

Nobody's POV

Jieun walked to the front of the car, her eyes fixed on the sight before her. It was perfect. Wooyoung smiled at her expression, lacing his fingers through hers. 

He pulled her along into the field, walking up to the ticket stand.

"Two adults," he told the cashier, leaning forward to pay for the tickets, collecting them.

"Omo, I didn't give you the mon-"

"Don't be silly," he grins. 

Does she really think I'd let her pay...

Her expression creased. "But Oppa..."

Wooyoung placed his index finger to her lips.

"Don't try,"

She crossed her eyes to look at his finger and he chuckled.

"Aw, you two are such a cute couple," the woman at the counter giggled. 

Jieun's cheeks burned, whilst Wooyoung withdrew his finger, simply smiling.

"Thanks."

He pulled the still-flustered-Jieun away, grinning widely. He didn't get why it was such a big deal, in fact, he liked making their relationship known.

"What do you want to do first?" he asked Jieun, who was all but bouncing with excitement, looking around.

She followed his example, glancing around. Her gaze landed on one particular stand. The 'sponge soak'. There were people standing with their heads in cartoon cut outs, the objective being to hit their faces with one of the three sponges you were given. Wooyoung followed Jieun's gaze, chuckling at the childishness.

He let Jieun lead the way, stopping in front of the stall. The prize, they both saw, was one of the many stuffed toys on show.

Wooyoung left Jieun staring at people having their goes, knowing she would protest to him paying again. He bought two turns, worth three tries. He returned, handing Jieun the bucket of 6 sponges.

"Thanks oppa!" she smiled, as the two waited their go.

When it came, Jieun went first.

"Why helllooo there cutie," one of the young male targets called.

Jieun blushed, looking away, whilst Wooyoung focused a glare in the guys direction.

"Go for him," Wooyoung said in a low tone, and Jieun nodded.

She lifted the first sponge, throwing it lightly. It was close, missing his face by less than an inch.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter