Pretenses

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Pretenses"

PART 1/2 DOUBLE UPDATE

Nobodys POV

As Junho turned, Soeun tried to prepare herself. Everything else pushed aside. It was finally time for an explanation. The only problem was, she was not sure she wanted to hear it.

They locked gazes, each knowing what came next. 

"The kiss," they both state. 

To Soeun, the words had overflowed as she found some confidence from his eyes. For Junho, he'd been thinking of talking about it since he'd awoken.

They both stared at each other, though this time not falling into a daze. They searched one and other's eyes, looking for something, anything to give away what they were thinking.

I can't understand it, but yes, I'm drawn to you. I'm sorry... but I don't regret it... cos I'd do it again.

But he didn't speak this aloud. He couldn't. Fighting the urge to just proceed as he usually would, he spoke again.

"I'm... I'm sorry about that," he smiled, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

Soeun's heart thumped painfully in her chest, as she dropped her eyes to the floor. Those words... so few, yet they held so much meaning. 

He's sorry...

She understood perfectly. It was just her getting things out of proportion, he hadn't even thought of her since that day. She was just another girl to him, a girl who he believed wasn't low enough to be used, but just any other girl all the same.

He had kissed her upon instinct. He didn't feel anything, she should have known. He hadn't even felt the need to take her up on it after he'd realised the mistake. It seemed obvious to her now.

And he was sorry for it.

Of course, I already knew this. Wasn't I the one who had decided to avoid him any way? But I'm the idiot who allowed myself to get into this mess. I knew he didn't feel any thing... and how can I even be angry, he's a player. He comes with a warning.

Junho studied her reaction carefully. He had expected her to demand an explanation, or at least be a little pissed. But nothing. She was twisting her fingers, playing with her hands, as she looked any where but his eyes. 

She couldn't hold back the little voice at the back of her mind, the words she would speak if she had enough courage. The words she was scared she would speak, if she met his probing gaze.

Don't apologise... I'm not sorry at all. 

 He kept his eyes on her, unwilling to see what those words meant for them. 

"I understand, I already thought as much, mianhae," she sighed, her gaze halting on the floor in front of her, as she wondered why she just apologised.

Junho blinked a few times, trying to register this. 

Well of course she understands. She is smart, plus she let Jaerim go, even when they were in a relationship, because she knew about the workings of his mind. She understands mine to be the same. 

So this was good.

Then why did he feel so weird, almost disappointed? 

He finally spoke.

"Aniyo, I'm sorry. Glad you understand though, I still shouldn't have done it..."

"Hey, it takes to to tango," she sighed under her breath, managing to maintain her composure.

"But... we can be friends right?"

He was unable to contain those words. He had suddenly felt lost when she had accepted so quickly. She glanced up to his face a little surprised.

"After all, that is how we were... before I ruined it. I liked it... Princess."

Soeun sighed in relief, a small smile spreading on her face. She hadn't realised she had missed his teasing and playful personality, but she sure had, quite a lot. It didn't suit him to be so serious and grave.

"So... deal?"

She held out her hand. "Deal."

Reaching out, he took her hand in his. They both suppressed their surprise as an electric current sparked between their hands, running up and down their body, right down to their toes. As they dropped their hold, Soeun again went back to her thorough study of the flooring. Junho scanned her expression, but he couldn't deny the awkwardness that hung in the air.

"You can shout at me if you want," he blurted.

Her head snapped up, facing him in surprise. "Shout at you?"

 "Yeah... or slap me. Most girls would be pretty angry. I mean, it is all my fault, and I did it without your permission." 

But she kissed back, a quiet voice echoed in the back of his head. 

She stared at him for a second, before allowing her lips to upturn slightly. It was true, she should be more angry... but she had gotten in out last night. After all, she had been the only one who knew what was going on, the only one sober enough to recognise the other.

"I... I got all of that out last night. This isn't my first time seeing you after that day, and even though it's technically not yours either, last night doesn't count. For you anyway."

This took Junho by surprise, as he remembered how he felt when he first saw her this morning. The first time since they kissed, or so he had thought. She would have had a reaction too, it being the first time since that day that she'd seen him. Just like he had gone into a mini heart attack, she must've had some sort of reaction. It would explain why she was so calm, so normal about seeing him.

"What was your reaction?" he blurted, unable to stop himself.

She looks at him for a second, and he can tell the question didn't come as a surprise. But she just shakes her head.

"All in the past."

Junho gaped at her, surprised at her response. So she wasn't going to tell him, huh?

"Soeun-ah, your not telling me the whole story... mind filling me in?" he asked, staring right into her eyes demandingly. She squirmed under his stare, but held her ground. "What happened?"

Nothing.

"Please?"

Soeun's heart sped at his pleas. She so badly wanted to give in. But no way was she about to blurt out that she very simpyl slapped him upon eye-contact. Hard.

"Okay," Junho grinned. "I'll guess." 

Soeun jumped at this bit of news. Although she was an actress, somehow Junho managed to break her defence. She was almost certain she would give herself away if he guessed right. Maybe it would be better to just tell him. God knows what he would guess, especially with his teasing side back.

"No... fine I'll tell you."

Junho grinned triumphantly, and signalled for her to go on. She just stayed silent, watching him for a few seconds as she tried to fabricate somethign worthy of her reaction, before sighing.

"When I found you in the park," she began carefully. "I was a little-"

She was cut of a the front door slammed downstairs. Unable to hide her relieved smile, she jumped off the bed, skipping over to the slightly open door, pushing it all the way shut. 

"We need to get you out of here... especially if that's my brother," Soeun bit her lip, starting to worry a little.

"Over protective?" Junho raised an eyebrow.

"You could say that... though, I'm sure even the most easy going brothers wouldn't be so cool to discover a boy in their sisters room over night."

"Touché," Junho grinned, as Soeun smiled back at him.

They both jumped as a strange humming sound interrupted the silence. 

Soeun looked up, her head darting in all directions around the room.

"What on earth is that?" She asked, as Junho chuckled at her cute expression.

"I believe its called..." he paused dramatically. "A phone. On vibrate that is."

Soeun pouted as he pulled his phone out, still chuckling.

 "Yo."

"Junho... WHERE DA HELL ARE YOU DUDE!" 

Junho didn't even flinch, grinning as he recognised the voice.

"Wae, Taec? It's not that late is it?"

He heard a load of other voices reply to his comment, in various ways.

"Oh, so you all got together without telling me then?" He asked, feigning a hurt tone, as Soeun watched on with curious eyes.

"Dude, we told you to come-"

Taecyeon's voice was cut off, as a flurry of activity began. It sounded like they were fighting over the phone. Junho felt Soeun's gaze, and patted the space beside him again. She came and sat beside him, as he put the phone on speaker so she could hear their antics.

"Hand it over."

"Don't make me do this, Wooyoung."

"It's my phone man-!" 

Junho chuckled as he heard the mini fight taking off. 

Soeun was unable to restrain a giggle, and Junho turned his attention back to her, grinning. 

"I call these idiots my friends," he mouthed teasingly, as Soeun erupted in giggles. Thankfully, the other boys were talking over her outburst.

"YO! STOP!"

"Calm down!"

"I will own you all!"

"YAH! I'm your poor old HYUNG."

The shuffling finally came to a halt, after several further insults.

"Guys, shut the hell up," Nichkhun sighed teasingly. "Hey Junho, it's me. Finally got the idiots to settle down."

"YAH! I'M YOUR-"

"Hyung. We know Jun." Chansung interrupted, finishing his sentence.

"SHUT UP!" Nichkhun yelled, and Junho could almost hear him rolling his eyes. The other side went quiet.

"Gee, I sure am sad I missed it, sounds like you're having fun over there," Junho teased. 

"Funny," Nichkhun said with a grin. "The others are quiet. It's just me and Wooyoung."

"Yeah," Wooyoung added. "So where the hell are you any way? Khun told us about you being at the club. And when you didn't turn up as planned, we had to call to make sure you weren't still at the place." he chuckled

So he'd been at the club... Soeun digested this information, remembering her speculation from the day before.

"Ha ha," Junho replied. "Thanks for your concern. But no, I am not at the club."

Soeun giggled at his tone, covering abruptly when she realised what had slipped out.

The other end was silent.

She looked up to him with worried eyes, as the boys spoke again.

"Junho... who was that?" Nichkhun's cautious tone filled the air. Junho could picture Wooyoung rolling his eyes. 

"You didn't..." Chansung made a reappearance.

"He probably did," Wooyoung sighed.

Junho shot Soeun a reassuring smile. 

"Okay, I'm kind of held up at the moment, and the reason I didn't join you lot, is I have a MASSIVE hang over. I'm talking HUGE. And I wanted some peace and quiet... only just woke up."

"Yeah, we know that. The question is, where?" Wooyoung chuckled, though still disapproving. 

There was a short pause, as Junho considered what to tell them. One look down as Soeun's face, and the truth was out of the queston.

Lies it is then...

"Seriously man? I woke up and hour ago and went out with the others. That was Bora, talking to Kwon."

There's another moment silence as the boys digest this. Soeun bit her lip, squeezing her eyes shut. Seemed that they came to the conclusion it sounded plausible.

"Oh, cool," Wooyoung replied. 

Soeun exhaled in relief, and Junho shot her a smile. 

"Bo Ra? You were with her on Friday, right?" Taecyeon's voice filled the room. "Her and Na Ra?"

Soeun froze, her heart stopping at this bit of news. She hadn't thought that any part of his statement was true.

"Not Bora, she was - and is - with Kwon." But the others didn't seem to notice his comment.

"Yeah, just after you finished it with Mi Ho, and Nichkhun mentioned that girl in the club too." Minjun added to the mix, not happy with it, but used to his friends behavior.

"Yeah, ha, Nara and Miho. Ha...ha." Junho shot daggers at the phone, as if that would some how shut them up, whilst Soeun held back a groan.

Bo Ra... Mi Ho.... Na Ra...

... Some girl at the club? 

Some where at the back of her mind, she knew she was being unrealistic. Of course he would have been with others since their kiss. Hell, he'd probably forgot everything about it. He was a player. Wasn't this exactly the reason Soeun had decided upon staying away from him? So why did she have on odd sinking feeling in her stomach? This was to be expected, and only reinforced her previous plans of ignoring him. Maybe it wouldn't be so easy befriending him, hearing about his 'activities' daily.

Meanwhile, Junho was reasoning with himself. He was a self proclaimed player. Of course, everyone knew this. Soeun was just like anybody else, plus his friend now. She was bound to hear the details. 

So then, why did he suddenly feel so guilty?

"Yah, were'd you go?" Minjun's voice drifted out threw the speaker, awakening them both from their daze.

"Still here... but gotta go," Junho replied after a short pause. 

"Aish, aren't you gonna get your down here then?" Taecyeon asked.

"Wow man," Chansung groaned. "We called and everything, instead you're out with the others. What happened to bros above all else?"

Junho chuckled and Soeun smiled at Chansung's childishness, the atmosphere lightening. 

Cute.

"Nah, not today. My bad." Junho replied. "I only went to get my phone; Kwon found it yesterday."

Soeun side glanced him, wondering how he managed to pull all this out of thin air. Truth was, Kwon had found his phone yesterdat; but he had passed it back to him before he disappeared.

"Riiighhhht."

There was more rustling, before Minjun spoke.

"Okay, its just me and you now. I'll let you get on with your business... get away whilst you still can." 

"HYUUUUNNNNGGG!" A loud groan was heard, before a series of chuckles broke out. 

"Okay, later Hyung." Junho smiled.

"Later." Minjun chuckled, before hanging up.

Junho disconnected the call, waiting for his phone screen to turn off before meeting Soeun's gaze.

Silence.

Their thoughts were in sync, both waiting for the others

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter