Intoxicated

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Intoxicated"

Soeun's POV

"Hey Princess," he says, gazing at me.

I close my eyes as I listen his voice. The voice I've been longing to hear, for what feels like forever. Surpringly, there's nothing in his voice which implies an intoxicated look. He refers to me solidly and clearly, not even a single slur. Not yet any way. 

I open my eyes, and look at him, the sudden rush of emotions keeping me muted. How confusing. Here is the person that I've wanted to see for so long, and yet...

He doesn't even flinch as my hand flies across his cheek, but my slap knocks his gaze to the ground.

Woah.

I didn't even see that one coming. And I instantly regret it. We stand there in silence.

"Noooope... Stillll d-d-drunk," he mutters to himself, before looking back at me, not even fazed.

"Junho-ssi," is all I can manage, after about two solid minutes of silence. It's half an apology, and half an accusation.

He looks at me, his raw emotion shown on his face, even now that I can see how drunk he is. There's something in his eyes... that makes me ache.

I stare at him, wondering what to do. Questions run through my head; what are you doing here, where have you been, are you okay? But also; why did you do it, why did you kiss me, what exactly does it all mean, what do we do now?

We need to talk. It's obvious; however much I wanted to ignore it, I can see now I will just mope and he will just... well, continue, until I get closure.

Yes, we need to talk, but looking at him I know nothing I can say now will even be heard by Lee Junho. Everything will fall on deaf ears. Actions speak louder then words. He may not hear me, but I did just slap his straight across his face, and I already regret it.

His lost expression hurts. Now isn't the time for a show down. This fact gives me enough confidence to do what I do next.

I step closer to him, my head resting against his shoulder as I hug him, my rush of emotions coming to a halt at relief. 

"I missed you too," I say, truthfully.

I know I'm relying on him being intoxicated, and that's the only reason I'm letting down my shield. He won't remember this in the morning.

He stumbles slightly as I embrace him, but his arms eventually wrap around me, much softer this time. It doesn't last as long, but it's much sweeter. I pull back and look at him again. It seems my presence had a refreshing impact on him, as he still doesn't look out of it. I mean he does, but he's still focused. Maybe he's the depressed drunk.

"Soeeunn-aahhh," he sighs, tripping over his words, before stumbling forward. He lands on me and I almost fall backwards, but just as in the nick of time, he yanks me back up again, a little too hard. I smack into his chest, roughly, a result of the momentum. He doesn't seem to mind.

"You are very bad," he whispers.

"Junho-ssi," I mumble, pulling back.

"Drop the formalities," he steps forward, and I step back.

His piercing gaze goes through me yet again, as he goes from slurring to firm speeck. It's no surprise he can even pull when he's dead on his feet. He's the type who can still be cool. He doesn't even look stupid. He looks... hot. Hot mess would be the exact word for it.

I can't believe I just thought that.

"We're past it," he says, huskily, taking another step toward me.

Even his drunk voice is hot... oh gosh, I'm turning into Yoonah.

"Oppa," I whisper, and despite his state, the corners of his lips upturn slightly in satisfaction. I know it's cos he's drunk, but it looks like an effortless smirk. This guy was born to be a player. I bet even asleep, he smirks and mutters pick up lines.

"Bee-etter," he mumbles, reaching a hand over and brushing it over my cheek. "But your still bad."

I look at him, confused.

"You," he suddenly states, pointing a wobbly finger at me accusingly. "You. Did. This." 

With every word, he takes a step toward me, and I take a step back.

"How are you there, yet always here," he mumbles, moving his hand to point instead to his temple. "It's funny isn't it... hahaha! Laugh it up, you got me!"

He stumbles forward again.

"I said, you got me," he whispers the last bit, as I decide to hold my ground, Junho towering over me. "I can't even get wasted properly, cause of you."

His eyes are clear again as he stares into my eyes. I stare at him, wordlessly, as he chuckles sadly. His breath caresses my cheeks, as he leans closer. His words are clear, and he seems to be in control of his mind. 

But me? I'm in control of nothing. My heart is racing, my ears strain to hear his next words, my brain tries to process what he just said as well as calculating the distance between me and him, all whilst I'm trying to get over the fact I have a strong sense of Deja vu. 

I've got HIM? What? What a joke. No, how did he ever conjure that up? I mean, look at me... look how much I'm affected by his presence. It can't be true... 

When you're drunk, is it the truth that spills out, or is it just easier to lie?

Still, I listen fervently.

"Soeun, I..." he murmurs, still leaning closer, closing the distance between us. "I think..." he mutters, decreasing the space between us and closing his eyes...

Just before collapsing again I stumble, falling back into the lampost, which thankfully breaks our inevitable fall. His head rests in the crook of my neck, as I'm frozen in shock. We... we were about to kiss again. In fact, he just missed my lips when he collapsed. I stand there for a few seconds, and not sure I'm liking the fact that I'm wishing he had continued.

I finally note our situation, and try to push up from the post, which is easier said then done with a weight leaning down on me. I look down at his face, as I feel he's breathing, tickling my neck. He looks so... peaceful. His lips are slightly parted, his breathing slow and deep. I almost fall into a daze, examining his features. 

"You think...? What do you think?" I breathe, willing him to awaken and continue his statement.

But nothing. I shake my head, convincing myself to focus on our current situation, trying to ignore my thumping pulse, even though I'm hardly able to move. My hands shake, knowing he is here with me.

But at the moment, this isn't about me. Or even us.

"Junho," but he doesn't even stir.

Glancing round the side, I see he's still balancing a little of his weight on his legs, so I should be able to force the both of us up if I angle his body correctly. Taking a deep breath, I place a hand either side on his chest, and push with all my might. Using all my strength, I just manage to move him enough for me to slip out from under him and rush to his left side, placing his arm round my shoulders for support. His head lolls around without control, but I lean him further right, so he puts more weight on his right leg, shifting the balance. I place an arm around his waist, hoping it will help to support him, and stand him up straight, wobbling around whilst trying to keep him upright.

"What to do," I sigh, glancing side ways at his unconscious face. "I can't just leave you here."

He's out cold, not even responding with the slightest movement. But I don't need his input. I won't leave him here, whether approves or not. I begin to walk out the park, almost dragging him with me, as I wonder what to do. My first thought is his house. I can definitely drop him home... right?

Wrong. Cos, even if his parents would be fine with it, I don't know where he lives.

My next thought is my house, but my parents are home... well, my mother is. But she also happens to be fast asleep. Maybe, if I can just get him inside... 

She is a heavy sleeper after all... I think we'll be okay...

At least, that's what I'm trying to convince myself. 

Some time, whilst I'm lost in thought, his legs start moving again. He's in and out of consciousness, but he seems sub-consciously aware of the fact I'm struggling, as he's taking most of his weight and walking against me. I've already almost fallen three times, and we're not even out of the park yet.

"Soeun..." he mumbles. "Where-"

"Don't you worry," I sigh, weary of his rapid mood swings.

I think he's conscious now, but the effects of being as drunk as he is are just making themselves known. I'm just glad it's a weekend, so sleeping isn't another pressing matter. Yes, I'm a geek. A geek who's thankful that her house is close to the park.

I eventually make it to my door, and take a final deep breath as I run my plan over again. 

Having a sudden panic, I plunge into my pocket with my free hand, only to be met by nothing but material.

I search and search, exploring every inch of the pocket.

Until my probing fingers are met with a cool metal surface. I sigh in relief, closing my eyes and thanking the forces above us.  Junho's weight awakens me, reminding me of our situation. My eyes fly open, and I take the key out, balancing myself and sliding the key into the lock. I turn it, until I hear the clcik.

The door opens as I push it and I look inside, going through my in my head plan once more. Slowly, I ease us into the first step, pulling us into the entrance.

"Phase one, complete." I whisper. That was easier then I thought.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter