Chemistry

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Chemistry"

His POV

I stand as my name is called, and look toward my new partner. I don't recognise her at first, so I see a small, pretty girl, with dark hair and slanted eyes. Her posture is relaxed, but I can tell she's nervous because of her clenched fists. 

But as she turns to face me, though still pretty, theres something else. I recognise her immediately. It's that girl. The girl with a attitude problem...

[FLASHBACK]

I was walking with the others to last period music, all except Wooyoung. He was off with Jieun again. Their relationship is really pukey, but I'm so happy that Wooyoung has matured above Junho. That guy, just... aish. 

We take up the whole corridor, as we have our fangirls, or as some may put it STALKERS, crowding around us. I can't even see the other guys, so they're also lost in the crowd. I hang back a bit, to avoid being crushed, but still part of  the group. I try to avoid lone walkers, but some random students get caught in the crowd, or pushed against the corridor.

As we're passing the last turnings, I notice a girl day dreaming. She grabs my attention for some reason, and I wonder what she's thinking about so hard. As the group rushes past, I see her being shoved slightly against the door, almost squished. As a result, she looses her grip on the school books she's holding and they fall to the floor. Feeling a strange urge to go back, I stop and walk closer to help her.

I gather up her books from the floor. She doesn't notice my presence, as she's facing the other way and busy straightening up. When she finishes, she turns to glare at the group, now a blur in the distance. 

"Stupid s!" She shouts as I stand, finished collecting her books. It surprises me slightly. Why the hate? 

Woah, this one's got a temper on her... needs to calm down a bit. I suddenly feel a little pissed off. Why swear? She wasn't the only one in the corridor who got pushed and it was clearly an accident. The others hadn't even noticed... so why the narcissistic attitude? Nothing made her any more important then any one else, and she was the one day dreaming. Unnecessary rudeness.

"Watch where you're going," I say, and she spins around, shocked. Good. "And don't swear, it's rude." I add, almost smirking as I take in her speechless expression. As I speak, I take the chance to look at her. I mean really look. That's when I recognise her as one of the ladies.

I don't remember her name, but I do remember that she's the loud, even rude, one out of the group. Also, that she's the only one who doesn't hesitate before lashing out. I could find it admirable that she protects her friends and would fight on their behalf, but I know she also just causes trouble with her attitude for no reason. And that's just stupid. I remember she was the first girl to have a fight in high school. A real fight. This pissed me off a little more, but made her slightly interesting. Thinks she's hard yeah...? 

I smirk, grateful to my concealing hood. She can't even see my face. This pleases me some how. 

Shoving her books into her hand, I turn and stroll casually back to the others, pleased when I don't hear a single retaliation. She must not be used to people standing up to her. I roll my eyes as I hear her shout out something, but I'm too far to hear the words any way.

I know she won't just let this go, that's if she finds out who I am, but that excites me some how.

Bring it on, little brat.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

I smirk as she recognises me, but to my disappointment, it's not as the guy she met in the corridor. She only recognises me as a member of the schools most popular kingka group. But even that is enough to annoy her. But I already know of her short temper. 

She looks at me with, not really hate, but dislike. She doesn't like Kingkas, I can tell. But I'm not your usual stuck up Kingka.

"You two, I have high expectations," Miss Kwon smiles. "Sit here for now." She indicates to the desk beside Chaerin's, at the back. I walk toward it, and take a seat, just before the girl too sits back down. As she takes her seat, I grin at her, and she raises an eyebrow. She has good intuition then, but still doesn't recognise me.

"Well class, I believe that's all the groups!" Miss Kwon smiles. "I will give you no other input, aside from this. Try your best, put in all your effort.  And create something you are proud of. Use a stimulus that you are passionate about. I've put you in these pairs for a reason, remember to express the chemistry you have," I hear Chaerin snort a little at those words. "Okay, that is all. Off you go!"  Everyone begins to talk again about their performances, some go to begin practice in the separate rooms. I turn to the girl again with a smirk. This time, she's not so silent.

"Okay, What are you looking at?" She asks, not quite pissed, but annoyed. It only makes my smile widen. "Are you ing deaf or something?" she says, when I don't reply. I move closer to her, and respond this time.

"Don't swear, it's rude," I smirk, repeating my earlier words. Is she dumb enough that I have to use a stronger hint...?

But I see her eyes widen in response and I smirk wider as she gapes, finally recognising me.

This showcase just got incredibly interesting...

Nobody's POV

*WHY ME?! Why freaking me?!* Chaerin was more then a little annoyed. She glared at the boy sitting next to her, and he just smirked back at her, mostly amused.

"No way... that was you?!"

You see, Chaerin had been paired with the worst person she could imagine. Not only was he the schools biggest Kingka, he also just happened to be the boy who had dissed her in the corridor. Yes it was him. Now she could see his face, she cursed herself for not realising earlier.

It was Kim Minjun.

Yes, that one. The leader of the gentleman, and also the worlds most annoying jerk. Well, as far as Chaerin was concerned. As soon as she had sat down beside him, he had recognised her. But she didn't realise until later. Remembering his words, she almost puked. 

"In the flesh," he grinned in reply. Chaerin glared at him for a while, before standing and walking to a practice room. You see, Seoul high had 2 massive music rooms, which were where the lessons were hold. But they also had 5 individual practice rooms, branching off each main music room. Some students would practice here when they were working on an individual project.

[MAIN MUSIC ROOM]

 

 

[Individual practice room]

 

"Yah partner wait up. Just leave me then!" Minjun yelled, still smirking. *She looks cute when she's angry...* Lucky for him, he felt he would be seeing her angry quite a lot.

He caught up with her at the practice room, only to see she was already lounging on the lone chairs on the otherside of the piano. He leant against the door, grinning. 

"How about a formal introduction," Ignoring Chaerin's snort, he continued. "I'm Kim Minjun... You are?" She looked at Minjun for a few seconds, seeing if he was actually serious. He stared right back at her, eye brow raised. Finally she broke the staring competition, looking away hesitantly. *Damn, that's the first time someone has beat me...*  Minjun chuckled in victory, guessing her thoughts.

"Lee Chaerin," She said, gruffly. He walked over to her and took a seat in front of the piano, turning to face her.

"Good. So Chaerin-ssi, got any thing in mind?" She looked over to him, eyebrows raised, and then looked to the door. Just as she opened to insult him, or warn him, he smirked. "Relax, I was talking about for our song. You sure are dirty minded for a 'Lady'." She rolled her eyes.

"Just because Wooyoung is dating Jieun, and Nichkhun and Qian have started up this miraculous friendship, doesn't mean I have to be friendly to you in any way. You're the leader after all, must be a snob." She added the last bit quieter, but Minjun still heard. He just smirked, simply amused by her whining.

"So, if your quite finished... we have something to do," She flinched, a little annoyed for being scolded like a child "Cover or original?" She crinkled her noise up when he said cover. "Original it is then. Wait here a second." Minjun left the room, leaving Chaerin to wallow in sadness about being controlled, and returned a few minutes later with a board pen. He wrote the words: 'Original song' in the middle of the white board, and drew a circle around it. He then turned to Chaerin, and held out the pen.

"It's best to start with just spilling all your ideas out... so what are your ideas," Chaerin rolled her eyes, sulking, and mumbled something incoherently. Minjun grinned. He was starting to become fond of her childish attitude. *

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter