Her Savior

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Her Savior"

 

Nobody's POV

Nichkhun had left Junho about five minutes ago, and he was now making his own way home. He had doubled back after hanging out for a while and was walking back. He stopped at the end of the road deciding whether to go straight, or go round the turning. That's when he heard the click of heels ahead and had glanced up to see none other than Qian. 

She was on the opposite of the road, but was just turning down the same road as Nichkhun, before she looked up. She was deep in thought before, and hadn't glanced up until they had both reached a lamp post of opposite sides. She looked up straight into Nichkhun's eyes.  They were the only ones on this dark road, and were both standing under the only light sources They both stopped walking, gazing at each other.

Neither spoke, but a sweet sense of reunion quickly took over the mood. It wasn't like they hadn't seen each other, more like they hadn't looked. She knew she couldn't avoid him forever. He knew her too well. But this was it.

In Qian's eyes, Nichkhun saw all the events of that day, six months ago lingering in her mind. And he wanted to erase the pain. He wanted to be there for her, he wanted to comfort her.

But he knew that wasn't all he wanted.

And we don't always get what we want.

Qian felt something wet slide down her cheek, and looked away, wiping the wetness and gazing at it, surprised. When had she started crying?

Nichkhun on the other hand, watched her silently, still gazing longingly. But when he saw another tear slide down her cheek, he couldn't take it anymore. He took off towards her, crossing the road quickly, and stood in front of her.

She looked up again, sensing his presence. They stared at each other silently, unlocking every thought from the other. It was a rare thing for any one to be able to get into Qian's mind. But he made it seem effortless, as every missed hour between them was quickly made up for. There was no gap; teh time hadn't affected their understanding of each other. They both knew that.

Nichkhun reached out, and caught another tear with his finger, just before it could slide down Qian's cheek.

"Don't cry anymore," he whispered.

"I-I-" Qian stuttered, looking down ashamed. This was not who she was. She was a strong, independent girl who cared for others. How could she do that, if she herself couldn't hold back tears? This was the side she hid from most people, even her friends.

Moreover, she couldn't do this to him. He was not a rebound.

Nichkhun held her chin between his index finger and thumb, tilting her head up to look at him. There was no need to pretend any more. He knew she knew his feelings. As soon as she had ignored him, he knew.

"Chin up Qian, head held high," he sighed, wiping any remaining tears from her chin. She avoided his eyes. He was too caring. It was too much. But it was exactly what she wanted.

And that wasn't fair.

Nichkhun met her gaze, and held it. They stared at each other and time slowed.

Their friendship was strong, and neither had let it go easily. Nichkhun only did becaue it was what she wanted. Her life was chaotic enough and him being there was just complicating it. They had both felt it, and both knew the other did too. But they ignored it. The timing was wrong. She had a boyfriend, still. The guy who just happened to be hanging on by the edge. They couldn't be. Not right then.

Qian hadn't reproached his interest. She didn't even consider it, not matter what her friends said. He knew this, he pushed back his feelings and ignored the pain. And Nichkhun endured this all for her.

Because he knew the scars Changmin had left. He understood the position Qian was in. So he put himself to the side, and did what was best for her. And Qian knew this.

What's more, all this was mutually agreed; without even the exchange of one word. They hadn't discussed it. Qian had behaved a certain way, he had deduced it and followed her lead.

Nichkhun sighed, as he saw another tear leave Qian's eye. Little did he know, this one was for them.

He pulled Qian into his protective embrace, giving in to resisting as he had been since the start of term, her head resting against his chest, his arms wrapped secu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter