Hottest in the School

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hottest in  School"

Wooyoungs POV

"Good morning everyone, and welcome to the start of a brand new year."

I resist the urge to yawn as the teacher addresses the entire highschool, for the anually start of the January semester assembly, settling in for the long lecture that always follows. As she continues, I sigh, cursing myself for thinking that sleeping at 3am on the first day was a good idea. Christmas had flown by, and we were on our last half of the year.

Ah. The day prison.

Where did the holidays go?

"Hyung," Chansung elbowed me, grinning like a child. "Wake up before you get us all in trouble."

I laugh, discretely turning it into a cough, at the maknaes words.

"Since when do  you mind that?" I whisper back, thankful that we're sitting slightly towards the back of the auditorium.

"You're a bad influence on him," Nichkhun shoots back, from my other side as I laugh-cough again.

"He was destined for it."

"Shush!" Taecyeon calls, turning to us with a wide grin, louder than the three of us put together.

"What's all the fuss about?" Minjun pipes up from his seat at the end, with apparently no regard for the speech.

I have another coughing fit as Taecyeon shushes Jun, which leads to them all having a mini war across their seats, wondering how I made such goofball friends. In my defense, we met in middle school,  before I was wise enough to know better. We kinda stuck together, immediately getting on with our similar light-hearted personalities. Thank god all of us take up the row, or else there'd be several irritated students right now.

It was always us lot: Minjun, the eldest control freak composer; Nickhun, the sensible prince with the smooth voice; Taecyeon, the douche chavvy rapper; Chansung, the giant baby martial artist; Junho the cocky dancer... and me, Wooyoung the only normal one, famous for my honesty and charm.

Ok, maybe not the last one...

Our group on the whole, are somewhat desirable in the school... and have a massive group of girls following us around. Can't say I know why, these fangirls are a very strange specimen if you ask me. Even when we've had girlfriends, which we have had quite a few, they trailed after us. But it never went any where, just casual relationships, especially Junho. Who is of course, the dancer and infamous ladies man.

Speaking of which...

"Where's Junho?" I nudge Nichkhun, as he listens intently to the assembly.

"Good question," he chuckles, pointing to the row a few seats behind us... where Junho happpens to be sitting with some queeka I've seen around the school. In fact, I think she's one of his fan girls. Of course...

I settle back down in my seat as Nichkhun and Jun finally get everyone quiet, actually listening to the teacher discuss how important this last half of the year is for us. She's right; at Seoul Arts School, we're in our final year before university transition, and for the last half of this year, all our classes would become specialised, teachers and timetables changed. As a dancer and a singer, I have double the work load of other specialised students... it's gonna be tough, espceially to pick a course... but its way too early to think about that.

I quickly tire of my position, and my eyes go to scan other students, vaguely wondering how long we had to be here. It's as I am lazily scanning the crowd, that my eyes came to rest on one particular face...

It seemed she had been doing the same as me, as she sat across the otehr side of the auditorium, and there was no way she had been aware of my presence before now... but just as I turned to face her, she did the same. I was momentraily surprised as we locked eyes, and it seemed she was the same, as hers widened. I recover, as I find myself wondering why she looks familiar.

She's cute.

After a moment I expect her to look away shy, like most girls would if they were intimidated by my rather obvious interest, but when she doesn't I raise an eyebrow, and almost chuckle as I see her do the same, as if subconsciously.

My eyes flicker to her neighbouring seats as I hear a scuffle, and I notice she's sitting with five other girls, most of which are either bored or whispering whilst she just blinks. I likened my situation with the boys to hers, and smile at her sympathetically. She blinks a few more times, and I find myself relieved when she smiles back... though I hadn't known I was waiting for it.

Our eye contact is broken as a hand waves in front of me.

"Yah, is the air really that interesting?" Junho hisses, as he finally gets my attention, and I blink, turning to him with a grin

"You finished man?" I riposte, rather than answering, nodding towards the seats behind us where he was previously occupied.

He smirks as I greet him, taking the seat next to Nichkhun discretely. The teacher never bat an eyelid.

"Next time keep it down please," I whisper, as I shake my head at my friends behaviour.

"She knew what she was getting into," Junho shoots back, with another of his famous smirks.

Nichkhun shoots me a look as we groan at his behaviour. Some times he really is too much. The only reason the others and I leave him to it, is because he usually sticks to queenka's and girl equivalents to him. Not really the preying-on-innocents type.

"SHUSH!"

A sharp scoulding comes from a nearby teacher, as we're finally told to shut the hell up, warranted if you ask me. Everyone finally obeys, their eyes going back to the front as the director finally comes out to wish us a good year and the likes.

I find my eyes straying bsack to the area where they were once locked, only to see the cute girl from earlier was focused on the stage. I felt myself frown, but shook my head as I focused on the director.

* * *

"That was depressing," Jun sighs as we exit the hall.

"And long," Taecyeon stretches his giant limbs, as we all murmur in agreement.

"I thought it was kinda fun-"

"Shut up," we all roll our eyes at Junho, knowing the only reason he spoke was to tell us about that girl from earlier.

"Okay, okay!" he puts his hands up in surrender, grinning widely.

"How were your holidays?" Nichkhun changes the subject, and everyone murmurs a response.

"Too short," I pipe up lazily, as we gather outside the hall.

"I agree," Jun nods. "But it's good to be back to composing.

We agree reluctantly. Going to a performing arts school isn't all bad, don't ge me wrong. We all love performing; that's why we're here. It's more the fact that our school ensures we all study national curriculum subjects, on top of performing arts all day, that puts a dampener on things. But for this last half a year at Seoul Arts, we focus more on performing. Thank god.

"Just a few more months," Nichkhun says, encourgingly as ever.

We all look behind us as we hear a group of girls giggling. I smile politely, but avoid eyecontact, unwilling to set off the 'OPPA SARANGHAE' alarm. Junho, on the other hand, smiles, and waves, shooting them a wink.

Taecyeon smirks at our friends greasy nature, as the others roll their eyes.

"Come on, let's go," Jun insists. "We have an audience. Not that one of us isn't enjoying it very much."

"Stop adding fuel," I punch Junho lightly on the arm, to which he responds at last.

"Nothing wrong in a little fun. It's what t he public want."

I hit him again, and this time he hits me back, and I raise an eyebrow challengingly. Before the others know whats going on, Junho and I are play fighting, as per usual.

Groning, Taecyeon grabs us both after getting bored, trapping Junho in a headlock.

"Yah! Get off me douche!"

"Not so cool now?" Taecyeon smirks, as the girls look around horrified and yet swooning.

I chuckle, my eyes falling on the hall door, gravitating automatically as the boys fight. I realise I'm, searching as people come out of the assembly, and as my eyes land on a familiar face, I realise why.

The girl from earlier comes out, laughing and chatting with her friends. We're a good distance from the exit, but I still pinpoint her in under five seconds. She doesn't see me, so I have time to analyse her again Even though she's pretty far away, I can sense her cute vibe from here. My eyes become locked again, and I can't manage to look away as I scan her features, finding myself wanting to be closer, to get a proper look.

She looks familiar...

Before I know what's happening, I'm pulled down with Junho, having been taken hostage in my daze.

"YAH!" I yell in surprise, as Junho laughs, sucessfully freeing himself from Taec's iron grip.

"Your fault for checking out chicks instead of watching your back."

I chuckle, pushing him lightly and freeing myself.

"I wasn't checking her out."

"Whatever," he rasies his hands with a grin.

I look around, realising Taec and the others had left, leaving only me, Junho and Nichkhun.

"Wecome back," Junho smirks, as though he knew what I was thinking.

I just shove him, my eyes flying to Nichkhun's... only to see his was otherwise occupied. I followed his gaze, to see whom it was fixed to. 

Ah... Qian.

Her familiar face doesn't surprise me, and the girl seemed to know she was being watched, as she smiled at Nichkhun and I, nodding in acknowledgement. I grin back, before nodding at Nichkhun.

"Come on man."

This term's going to be complicated...

* * * *

Jieun's POV

"Well," Qian stretches as we walk out of the hall together. "That was long."

"Neh," I sigh, rubbing my eyes.

It's the first day of term, and we just came out of the assembly...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter