The Group

The Olive Branch

Yuri bit her bottom lip as she poked her head into a room. The way everyone breathed the heavy, damp air and how so many kept grooving to the beat even though they were dripping with sweat caused her heart to accelerate. The corner of her lips tugged upwards, and her eyes glowed with awe. A boy caught her eyes, and Yuri gasped. She quickly hid behind the doors and closed it quietly, but quickly. 

The door opened, and she saw the boy staring at her with a strange expression. "Um, do you need something?"

Shoot! I got caught! "N-No. I was just... looking around."

The boy nodded. "Oh... Are you sure you don't want anything?"

Yuri laughed and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Y-Yeah. I was just... staring." She pressed her lips together, trying to surpress her inner feelings. However, as the guy intensely stared at her, Yuri bursted her bubble. "Okay, to be honest, you dance awesome. Really, you do. It's just that maybe if you turned left with your right foot instead of left, it might be easier for you to flip over and fall into the hands of your other crew."

He paused, then laughed aloud. The male turned back to the room, and opened the door wider for Yuri to come in.

"Hey guys! I found an interesting woman!" The boy chuckled. "She thinks she can dance!"

Yuri dropped . "E-Excuse me?"

"What? Am I wrong? What's your name, little girl?" 

"Kwon Yuri." She stepped into the room, furious with the stranger's attitude "Yours?"

"Lee Donghae, at your service. But seriously, what are you here for?" Donghae asked, scratching his sweaty, brown hair. 

Yuri scrunched her nose when sweat drops fell on her skin. "Like I said, I was just looking around."

"It doesn't hurt to tell us what you've been doing," Donghae said. "I've seen you somewhere, too. You look really familiar..."

"I--"

"What the heck are you doing here, cheater?" 

Yuri froze. Her round eyes widened a bit, but enough to show her shocked expression. She could never forget about the person who had this particular annoying voice. She clenched her fist, and inhaled deeply through her nose. Forcing a smile, Yuri turned around and gave Yunho an intensed look.

"Oh. Hello, Yunho. Nice seeing you here," she greeted him in a monotone voice. Yunho glared at her, while Donghae sensed a sharp tension between the two. The sweaty boy shook his head and narrowed his eyes.

"Dude, if you two are going to fight or something, get out of the room. We don't want any negative energy here. It's going to bother us," Donghae said, pushing the two away.

Yuri shook her head. "W-Wait! I wanted to say something!"

"And what's that?"

Yuri pushed Donghae away and firmly stood on her ground. "I want to join this dance group! I got a text about how I was accepted to join this group since I won the dance competition..."

Donghae and Yunho exchanged wide-eyed looks. Donghae seemed a bit afraid, while Yunho seemed enraged. Donghae laughed quietly and rubbed the back of his neck, covering the palm of his hand with his salty sweat.

"He, he, he... Um, it seems like she's the one we agreed to pick when you weren't here for the meeting to replace one of our best female dancers..." Donghae whimpered when he saw Yunho's deadly stare. "It's only temporary, of course! We just have to wait for the dancer's leg to heal for a few months..."

"How can you replace BoA?" Yunho yelled. "How can you just... just make this decision without me?"

"Um, hello? Do I not exist in this world anymore?" Yuri asked, crossing her arms.

Yunho turned and pointed his finger at Yuri. "You! Do you even know what you're going to get into when you join my dance crew?"

"Of course I do. Why do you think I signed-- Wait, huh?" Yuri tilted her head to the side. "What did you just say?"

Seeing her confused expression, Yunho smirked and leaned closer to Yuri's face. "You heard me. If you join, not only do you learn how to dance better, but you have to obey under my circumstances."

The woman stared at the haughty man in disbelief, as a traffic-load of thoughts traveled to her brain. After a few minutes, Yuri pushed Yunho away from her and gasped. It almost felt like a dream when she remembered getting the text about how she could join, but knowing that Yunho was in charge turned to be her greatest nightmare. She laughed faintly to herself, then blinked her eyes.

If I join, I can benefit, yet suffer. If I don't join, I'll have to start from point A again. She bit her bottom lip. Doesn't look like I have much of a choice...

"As I thought," Yunho mumbled. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, and quickly pulled the electronic device out to see who sent him a text. He scowled, then irritatedly tapped his foot. "Aish, that idiot..."

"Is it Jaejoong? He got in trouble again? Didn't you just drop him off back to your apartment or something?" Donghae asked, stealing a glance at the message.

"Shut it. Apparently he went out and got into a fight with some high schoolers. That block-head. Doesn't he understand that he shouldn't mess with the kids at Kirin?"

Kirin? "Hey, Jessica goes there."

"And so do I," Donghae said, glaring at Yunho. "There's no need to be rude. Even if my school has a bad reputation for the kids, it's still my only pride."

"Whatever. Apparently your friend also got into his mess and is also at the police station. They're currently questioning her if she was involved or not since she also managed to hit someone," Yunho explained. Yuri dropped her jaws and Yunho calmly whistled a tune and walked out. He paused, then stared back at Yuri. "You coming?"

Darn you, Jessica! Yuri flashed a smile. "Of course!"