chapter nine.

Pandora

 YESUNG - BLIND FOR LOVE


Minyoung sighed as she looked at the school's notice board. 'Music Festival! December 24th, Myeongdong, 10:00 PM - Join the orchestra and play Christmas songs in the streets of Myeongdong for all the families!' The last time she had joined the Music Festival, she was pushed to in the back of the violin section, when she really wanted to be in the very first chair. Even though she did get a solo in one of the songs, it didn't impress her parents. And even though she played it so beautifully, the people around her would criticize her playing. Minyoung hated Music Festivals, it was just another way to compete with others. Her parents discouraged her in music, and even though last year, Jaesun was playing the viola, he sat in the very back and he had no solo. But yet, he still got all the praise. And after every concert, he would be the one who received hugs and cheers. The biggest problem was that the teacher didn't choose the students seats. And since the musical students always fought over being in the first stands, everyone else sat behind them.

Minyoung sighed once more as she stepped away from the board and rammed her head into someone's shoulder. She wanted to move away, but the owner held her head against their broad shoulder. "What's with the sigh?" Sehun asked. He looked at the poster of the Music Festival. "Ahh, that festival. Are you worried that you're going to be in the back again?" he asked. Minyoung looked at him with narrow eyes. "I saw you sitting in the back last year. You're very good, why were you in the back?" Minyoung didn't respond. "I'm playing the piano in the festival, maybe I could get the teacher to get you in first chair," Sehun said, grinning.

Minyoung stepped back. "I don't need any of that. I'm just going to be set aside anyway," she said, whispering the last part and made her way out of the school.
Sehun followed her with his hands in his pockets. "So you're not joining this year?"
"I'm not appreciated in any place of the school, nor in the entire world. Home is my only place I'm appreciated at. Why stay in a place where you're not appreciated?"
Sehun grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to him. "In my world, you're appreciated. You're welcome to come anytime," he said, giving her his sweetest smile. "Besides, people should appreciate you. You're smart, talented, hardworking, and... Beautiful." Minyoung shot him a glare when he said 'beautiful.' "Even if people say that you're not, my world says you are. Plus, I want to be close to you so I can hear you play. The piano is closest."

Minyoung yanked her arm away. "Well you're world is stupid," she said, and walked towards the bread store.
"It maybe to you, but at least my world cares about you, unlike the real world," he said, catching up to her. "And it likes you just the way you are."
Minyoung sighed and ignored his presence, walking into the store.

"Where are you going, little lady?" Sehun questioned, grabbing her hand and pulled her into the music room. Sehun glanced around, finding the teacher at her desk. "Miss Lee!" he said, and pulled Minyoung with him to the teacher.

Jaesun glanced up from his new violin. He sat in 2nd chair, next to Yura, who was in the 1st chair. He suddenly heard Minyoung's name, making his attention shift to the teacher. He found Sehun and Minyoung with the teacher. The teacher laughed as she spoke to Sehun, but Minyoung stood emotionless, like a stone. His eyes lowered to her hand, finding it in Sehun's, also where Minyoung was glancing at. He knew that his sister didn't like skin ship from anyone. She always felt uncomfortable about it, he could just tell that she was at the moment.

Sehun smiled while the teacher walked away, and glanced at Minyoung. "See? Now you'll get what you always wanted."
"Only except it'll never capture my parents attention." Sehun's smile suddenly disappeared. "They only come for Jaesun, that's all they're hoping for," Minyoung said, but seemed like she wasn't talking directly to Sehun.
Sehun glanced at Jaesun who was watching them, his eyes at their hands. Sehun followed down to his glance and found that his hand was holding onto Minyoung's. "Uh... Don't you feel a bit uncomfortable?" he questioned, ears turning red. Minyoung gave him a confused look and followed his gaze down. Minyoung pressed her lips into a straight line and removed her hand from his, making Jaesun's gaze break. He finally glanced back at his violin and rosined his bow.

The teacher came back and instructed Sehun to go sit by the piano, and grabbed Minyoung's arm, pulling her up to the violin section. She stood in front of Yura who was happily smiling at Jaesun and Hyerin who was behind her. "Student Yura," she said.
Yura looked up with an innocent face and said, "Yes?" 
"Can you please move to the back?"
"Why?"
The teacher pulled Minyoung close to her, "Student Minyoung will be in first chair, and she'll be getting the solo," she said smiling. "But don't worry, you can bring your friends to the back too!" she said. "Go go~" Yura's eyes widen and then turned to a scowl that was meant for Minyoung. Grumbling, she picked up her violin case and music, and walked to the back. "Here you go, Minyoung!" she said, happily and walked away.

Minyoung glanced at Sehun who gave her a proud grin, but in his eyes, Minyoung didn't seem happy at all for what he did for her. His smile faded, and then his eyes shifted to her stand partner, Jaesun.

Sehun ran out of the school, and towards Minyoung. "Yah, where are you going? We don't have any shifts today."
"Why does it matter to you?" She suddenly stopped walking and faced him. "Actually, why do I matter to you?" Sehun blinked at her words. "Why can't you just leave me alone? I understand that you care, but to hell. You shouldn't. Don't you care that you're reputation might get worse? Aren't you afraid that people will judge you for being with me? Don't you miss your friends?!" she continuously asked.
Sehun pressed his lips into a straight line. "Because I don't care about what the world things. I don't ing care about all that crap. The world can say all that crap about me, I don't care. I just care that someone like you should be cared for-"
"I don't need the pity," she said. "And I don't need you in my life."

Sehun frowned. "I've known you for 3 months. I've finally known you for 3 months after all those years of being in the same class with you and not talk to you. To be honest, I thought that if I gotten the chance to know you more, maybe you'd have a friend like me. Unlike your old friends, Hyerin, Yura, and the other girl. I thought that you could have the chance to finally have a real life. Haven't you been noticing what I've been doing? Haven't you understand why I put so much effort in trying to understand you? I care about you, more than anyone. Not because you seem to be the one who needs all the pity. It's because you needed someone supporting in your life to my eyes," Sehun said. "I'm not going to give up on caring about you. You don't deserve a bad life. And you shouldn't be stuck in one as well."

Minyoung looked at Sehun directly in the eyes and saw that he was serious, and she had to admit to herself, she was glad that he cared for her as if she was the only person in the world. He cared and protected her like any brother would, treated her like a true school partner, like a true friend, and as if he accepted her into his own family.


Wow. That's very... Weird. orz I'm sorry for it being so short. Don't worry, Sehun is no where close to understanding his true feelings. Nor is thing ending fast. I'm trying as hard as I can to make it interesting and to not make this story fast or slow, just right. c: