chapter eight.

Pandora

 KARA - WITH ALL MY HEART


Sehun sighed as he entered his grandmother's hospital room and sat down at her bedside. His grandmother smiled at her grandson. "What's wrong, Sehun? You seem a bit down." Sehun glanced at his grandmother and gave her a sad smile. "How's Minyoung?"

He sighed and looked at the ground. "I haven't talked to her in over a week..."
"Oh, why is that?" she asked.
Sehun shook his head. "No reason..."
His grandmother smiled at him weakly, "Do you miss her?"

His eyes suddenly widen, "Gran, she and I are just classmates. Of course I don't."
"So I suppose on the days you go and visit her, is, just for fun?" she asked, raising a brow.
He sighed once more. "No... But, I guess she's just a friend... Well, she doesn't treat me like a friend, more like as a stranger, but-"
"You think of her as a friend. Mm... Yep, you miss her," his grandmother said. "But she won't let you talk to her, help her, or visit her huh?" Sehun nodded. "There's one thing that you can do to see her again," she said.

Sehun shivered as he waited in the back of the bread store as he waited for Minyoung to come out from her shift. He waited and waited in the darkness, as the early winter's breeze brushed past his skin. Sehun clutched onto the knitted white hat in his hand that his grandmother had given him earlier, that was his excuse to see Minyoung. Finally, the back metal door of the bread store opened. Sehun stood up straightly and found the staff leaving one by one, then there was Minyoung. "Bye Minyounggie~" 2 of the staff said as they left. Sehun frowned. *Are those three close? How come I can't be friends with Minyougn like them- Wait, what am I talking about? Sehun, you're out of your mind.*

Minyoung paused and turned to a 90º angle, face to face with Sehun. Sehun looked at her, "Minyoung..." He managed to give her a soft smile.
"I told you to not visit me," Minyoung said.
"I only came because my grandmother told me to," Sehun said. 
"Well tell her that I don't need any visitors. I'm happy the way I am now," Minyoung said as she walked away.
Sehun ran up to her and grabbed her arm. "If your happy, then show us that you're happy, then we'll stay away. Right now, you're not happy. You're tired and stressed."

Minyoung yanked her arm away from his grip. "I told you I don't need the pity. So you can leave."
"Minyoung, can you throw away the trash?" one of the employees asked as they poked their head outside the metal door.
Minyoung sighed and turned back around, grabbing the two trash bags that were by the door and walked it over to the trash bin. "Are you going home yet?" Sehun asked.
Minyoung glanced at Sehun over her shoulder. "I'm working 2 extra shifts tonight," she said and walked back in, Sehun followed her.
"Why are you working more shifts? Aren't you worried about not getting sleep?"
"It's not any of your business. I choose whatever I want to do with my life," Minyoung said. "Now if you will excuse me, I have work to do," she said and walked away.

Sehun sighed as he watched her walk away. He glanced around, then back at Minyoung.

"Welcome J&J's Bakery," Sehun said, greeting the customer in a bland tone. "May I take your order?"
Minyoung's head shot up from the table she was busting. *That voice...* She turned her head to look at the counter and found Sehun in the bakery's uniform, and a sweet smile on his face. Her eyes widen.
"Thank you, come back soon!" Sehun said. He sighed and turned around. He jumped back, finding Minyoung glowering at him.
"What are you doing here?" she asked, her voice a bit raised. 
"Working. I got a job here," he said, winking with a grin.
Minyoung bit her lip as she glared at him and huffed.

Hours and hours passed, finally there was only 6 PM, and only an hour until the shifts were coming to an end. Minyoung was busting the tables while Sehun was taking orders at the tables. Ever since Sehun came to work, there seemed an awful lot of girls who came. Sehun would always smile, but every time he does, he can't help but glance at Minyoung. Sehun was smiling the whole time at work, which made the girls fallen head over heels for him, while the male employees stood back and lounged in the bakery. Sehun didn't seem to mind all of the work that was being pushed to him. As long as he was working with Minyoung, and able to watch over her, he's fine with whatever that comes up. Minyoung, on the other hand, acted as if Sehun didn't work with her. She always ignored Sehun whenever he tried to talk to her, or walk past her.

Finally, the day ended. Sehun and Minyoung were one of the few people who stayed back to clean up. Sehun stacked up the chairs and glanced at Minyoung with a grin on his face. Minyoung sighed as she threw the used towel into its bin. She picked up a plate and cup from a table, and accidentally stumbled into Sehun, making the cup and plate, crash to the ground. Sehun looked at Minyoung. Minyoung sighed and bent down to pick up the broken pieces. Sehun watched her, his lips slightly curved down. He bent down and grab hold of Minyoung's hands and pulled her up and out of the way. Minyoung blinked at his actions, as he bent down and picked up the broken pieces and put them into a plastic bag. "You should care about yourself if you want others to ignore you like that," Sehun said. "Don't pick something that's broken without a man's help." Minyoung sighed and closed her eyes, her hand on her forehead. Sehun looked at her with a worried face. "Are you okay?" She didn't answer, instead she turned to walk away, but that didn't go too well. Sehun's eyes widen, immediately, he ran towards her and caught her before she could hit the ground. "Aish, this is what I mean," he said, shaking his head. "We're leaving first!" Sehun said to the owner and got his hands under Minyoung's knees and back, making his way out of the store.

After minutes of walking, Minyoung finally spoke, "Put me down..." Sehun didn't listen to her, and pretended as if he didn't hear her request at all. "Put me down. Now," she demanded again.
Sehun pressed his lips into a firm line. "No." Minyoung shot a weak glare at him. "Are you cold?" he asked. She stayed quiet. Sehun walked towards a bench on the side and sat down, with Minyoung still in his arms. He dug his hand into his school blazer, with his hand still on Minyoung's back, and pulled out the white knitted hat. Minyoung looked at him as he put over her head. Sehun brushed her bangs away that was stuck under from the hat. "Better?" Minyoung didn't answer, as usual. She turned to escape, but then Sehun's arm was back under her knees and he carried her up effortlessly. "I'm not going to let a girl who almost collapsed, walk home by herself," Sehun said as he started walking again. "And it's dark, something bad might happen to a girl like you."

Minyoung didn't meet his eyes, but glanced in his direction. "There's hundreds of girls that do that. Go and help them then."
"But you're the only one I care about. So no." Sehun glanced down at her and smiled, showing his eyes smiling.
"Even if it was dark, what would anyone want to do with me?" Minyoung said as she leaned her head against Sehun's broad shoulder.
"Do what I do with you. That is, if they have a heart to understand you..."

Sehun suddenly stopped walking and looked up at the dark skies. Minyoung stayed where she was. "First night of snow..." Minyoung looked up, and saw snow drifting from the skies. Sehun looked back down at her. "Lucky you're wearing a hat. Thank my grandmother if you want," he said, chuckling. He held her closer to him for warmth, making Minyoung's eyes round. "Don't want to get sick, do you? Maybe, you should skip the studying tonight, and the pills. You need all the rest you could get..."


Weird and short short short update. orz. I had a hard time trying to write this. i'm lying i'm really watching maid latte with my cousin again. lol whut? eue