chapter forty five.

Pandora

 PASCOL - THINKING OF YOU


Days passed, and Minyoung refused to leave her room. She lies in her bed, emotionless and numb each night, crying herself to sleep. Her parents and siblings started becoming worried of her. They lined up at her door, ears pressed against door, hearing sniffles on the other side. They were confused about what was going on, but whatever it was, they were all worried.

Jaesun sighed as he closed his science book. He stood up and strode towards the bathroom. As he exited his room, he found his heartbroken sister step out of her bedroom. "Minyoung," he said, making her pause in her tracks. He rushed towards her and looked at her from head to toe, "Are you okay? Do you know how worried we've been?" Minyoung glanced at the ground, and didn't reply. Jaesun sighed as he looked at his sister, he felt utterly upset that he could do nothing to cheer her up. "You must be really heartbroken about... That person disappearing, huh?" Jaesun said, afraid to say Sehun's name, knowing that it might make his sister start bawling again. "Follow oppa," he said, taking his sister's hand and pulled her into his room.

Minyoung sighed as she watched her older brother sitting next to her, flipping through the pages of his science book. "He just disappeared, huh?" he asked. Minyoung nodded. Jaesun sighed. "What if I told you that, this was all an illusion?" he said. Minyoung looked at him, confused. "That Sehun wasn't real?"
Minyoung stared at the ground and lets out a half laugh, "I noticed that."
"This was partially from all of your blue pills that you took, but mostly from stress that took over you. You needed the help so that you could finally be away from the chaos. Your mind created this person that didn't really exist, but you're probably just picturing someone that was in a big part of your life in the past. Your mind created Sehun, and it helped you take all of the stress away. You said that he helped you change your way of life, but it seems like it was just you because this figure that your mind created, was like your conscience. It told you to do these things so that your life would change into a better life."

"But what if he was real?" Minyoung questioned.
Jaesun looked up from his book. "That's impossible, Minyoung. No one has seen him, nor spoke to him. He could be real, but he might not know who you are." Minyoung sighed as she hugged her knees to her chest. "I know that life is confusing," he said. "But it doesn't mean that your life is over. Even though Sehun has disappeared, doesn't mean that you should go back to what you did before he came along. The only reason why he came to you is because you needed a break from all of the stress and chaos. If he hadn't come, you would be crazy because of all the stress," Jaesun explained. "It's normal for someone stressed and to fall in love with the figure that their mind created, but you can still find someone like the person that was created in your mind, you just have to be patient." Minyoung sighed, shutting her eyes as the waterworks kicked in. She leaned against Jaesun's arm and started sobbing again. Jaesun sighed, wrapping his arms around his sister. "Just do what you always say. Set the past aside, move on with the future," he whispers in her ear.

Minyoung sighed as she glanced at herself in the mirror. She ducked down with water in her cupped hands, splashed the water on to her face. She closed her eyes, visioning Sehun with a smile on his face. She could even hear his deep, soothing voice, "It's time to think about the future." She swallowed the lump that was in . *If Sehun was here right now, he'd tell you to move on, find someone else. Listen to him, and you will be fine. Move on, don't look back...* She dried her hands with a towel before walking out of the bathroom. "Minyoung." She paused and looked up, finding her parents in front of her. "Are you alright?" her mother asked. Minyoung nodded.
"Can you forgive us yet?" her father asked, impatient. Minyoung sighed and nodded.

Her mother rushed to her, hugging her tightly. "Thank goodness, I was worried. Are you sure you're okay?" she asked again. Minyoung nodded. "You got us worried for days," she said. "Come down and have dinner, alright?"
"Actually, I--" She paused. "I'll help," she said, and followed her mother downstairs. *I'm moving on. Starting with starting over with my family...*

When the table was set, the family gathered around the table. All eyes were on Minyoung who was looking at the ground, they were all still worried. Minyoung sighed and cleared , looking up. A smile lit on her face that her family thought that they would never see again. "I'm hungry," she said in her innocent voice, picking up her chopsticks and began to eat as her family watched her.
Hyunchan slightly smiled. *She's trying her best to forget about it.* He picked up his chopstick and smiled as well, "I'm hungry, too," he said. He picked a piece of chicken, putting it on Minyoung's plate, then taking one for himself.

 

Weeks passed, and graduation soon came. Students at Center high started befriending Minyoung, sharing smiles, laughs, and chats. She started getting used to the new atmosphere around her, but the only thing she couldn't let go, was the feeling of being protected. She continued to tell herself to move on, and she'll be fine, and indeed she was.

Minyoung sighed as she sat down at her desk before the graduation ceremony. Her friends left her and rushed towards the gymnasium. Minyoung looked out the window, finding the sun shining brightly in the sky. Looking over to her right, she found the seat beside her empty. She smiled slightly as she laughed at herself. *How stupid I was to think that you were real...* Her smiled disappeared and she looked at the ground. *But how smart of my mind was to create you, changing my life. Without it, I would have been crazier than before...* She sighed and sat back in her seat. *I wonder if you were real... But, not here, but somewhere.* She closed her eyes and smiled.

"Sehun-sshi!" seven year old Minyoung called out from one end of the hallway. Sehun paused and turned around, giving Minyoung his poker face. Minyoung ran towards him with a wide smile. It was the last day for Sehun at school, and he was spending it alone, and the last thing he wanted to see, was Minyoung. Minyoung stopped running as she approached Sehun. "Sehun-sshi," she said, and held out a notebook that was decorated with glitter and stickers. "This is for you. If you miss us, just look through this and we'll be right there with you." Minyoung pointed at her head. "In your mind," she said, giggling.

Sehun took the notebook from her, finding the pages filled with drawings that his classmates had made for him. He chuckled, slightly smiling.  His hand dug into his pocket, and pulled out a paper crane. "Thank you," he said. "I guess... I saved this last crane for you. Hopefully it's the right one." He took her hand and put the origami in Minyoung's tiny hand. "Open it on your graduation day. The last day before you enter adulthood," he said before leaving. He smiled and walked away with the notebook in hand.

She pulled out a paper crane from her blazer pocket. The corners of the paper were worn out, and the green color of the crane was fading away. Sighing, she slowly unfolded the crane, finding a note inside. 'You're perfectly imperfect, and you need to understand. Don't forget that imperfect is the most perfect thing to a world like this. -Oh Sehun' She smiled at the note as he fingers slid across the worn out paper. *I think you're real. I met you when you were younger. You're just afraid to show yourself now. Maybe I can meet you someday...*

"Minyoung~" Minyoung looked up, finding one Sumin and Yura at the door, waiting for her with friendly smiles. "Our graduation is about to start," one of the twins sang. Minyoung giggled and smiled as she folded the paper back to the way it was and stuffed it into her pocket. She skipped over to her reunited friends and hugged the two. "Let's go," Yura said, giggling and ran down the hallway with her twin beside her. Minyoung chuckled and stood where she was for a while, and she looked back in the classroom. She looked around and sighed. She remembered the first day she entered the school when insults and glares were thrown at her. Now a new memory will stay with her. The last day of school, smiles and laughs were shared with her. She looked back at her desk, imagining Sehun sitting at the seat beside her desk. He smiled as he looked at the ground, like he always did as a shy freshman before. Shaking her head, she started to walk towards the gym. *Moving on.*


Another short update. I hope part of this story answered everyone's question.
UUUURRRRRRRRM. one last chapter next. ; ;
I see people are talking about my story on Twitter. o u o WHALE, I only see three people talking about it. xD you guys are so sweet. Oh yeah, if you guys want to follow me on twitter, you know my use. o u o
@ljoeholic. I don't update as much though. xD