chapter forty two.

Pandora

 J-MIN - STAND UP


The bell rang, ending the school day at Center high. Sehun stood up and collected his books, putting them into his bag. He felt eyes on him, but ignored them and slung his bag over his shoulder, exiting the room. "Sehun!" he heard his name being called. He turned around and found his friends running towards him. "Are you going to pick Minyoung up from school?" Chanyeol asked with a wide smile on his face. Sehun nodded. "Can we come?" they all asked in unison, taking a step towards Sehun, making him stumble back.
"U-uh, sure?" he said, confused about what was going on. He turned back around, but right before he could start walking away, his name was called again. Sighing, he turned around, finding his whole class behind him with smiles on their faces. "Fine," he said before letting them ask.

He turned around with his hands in his pockets, walking down the hallway with his class following behind.

Minyoung sighed as she held her books close to her, as she walked down the school steps. It had been days since Ilsung had suddenly disappeared, and the school had gotten out of control, Kwangsun was too powerless to stop anything and started to cry that he would resign as both vice and body president. Now the school president was one of the students who has the most worse crime record in the school, which meant chaos was everywhere. Minyoung started to hate the school more. It made her feel like she was back at Center high, but this time, she's not protected. The most elite school of the city has lost its own good reputation.

She looked around as she walked towards the gates, finding fights everywhere, paper littered, and just plain chaos everywhere. She didn't know why, but felt as if everything was her fault. Ilsung disappeared the day after the festival, and ever since then, she had been harassed again, and the school was turning into hell. *Maybe Hyerin was right... I am bad luck...* Sighing, she started to approach the gates, but the guards suddenly shut them. Minyoung paused, along with everyone else, looking at the gate, wondering what was going on. The school president walked out of the school with his hands in his pockets. Minyoung looked at him, but then back at the gate. She didn't like the new student body president. She was used to an intelligent, innocent, and kinder image of the past president. Now the new president had piercings all over his face, his hair was black, but had a strip of blond in the middle, tattoos covered his arms, his cat-like eyes, and he had a toothpick hanging out of his mouth as he smirked. He seemed more like one of the bad guys in animes in Minyoung's eyes.

The students started attacking the boy with questions as he stood there and spit his toothpick out. "There's a reason why I told them to close the gates," he said. "Outside these gates are a group of students that we all know and hate. I hate them as much as you all do, and to keep our school safe, we must close them until they are gone."
The students jumped back when they heard banging against the metal gate. "Oh please! What are you doing to protect your school? It seems like you're just protecting yourself!" someone on the other side said.
"We won't leave until we get our student back!" another shouted on the other side.
"Why the hell would we be here at a crappy school? The only reason why we're here is because of Minyoung!"

Minyoung paused, and realized that all eyes were on her. The gates suddenly screeched opened with the force of the powerful school waiting outside. Minyoung looked up, finding Sehun standing in front, his hands in his pockets, and stood back coolly with an emotionless blank, but brave face. Even though there was a crowd of Center high students behind him, she could only focus on Sehun at the moment. "And why should she come back?" the president questioned.
"Because she's tired of your crap," Sehun said, walking towards Minyoung, grabbing her wrist. "You're so-called elite school is now worse than our school. What makes you think that you're better than us? You even treat her worse than we did."
The president scoffed. "So? If your school treated her like crap, then why would she want to go to the same school that caused all this trouble to her in the first place?"

"Because she's a Center high student! Always have been!" one of the rebelling teachers said with a smile.
"At least we realized what we've done to her, and we're not going to let any of that happen to her," Hyunchan said with a sly grin.
Jaesun glanced at Hyerin who was crossing her arms and glaring about. He nudged her elbow and gave her a hard stare. She looked up at him a sighed, "Yeah. We realized the error of our ways, and we're not going to let that happen anymore," she said.
"Minyoung is part of our family even though we don't treat her as equal. But that doesn't matter because families aren't perfect like she always says to Sehun."

The president shrugged. "Fine, it's her choice then," he said, not caring about anything that was going on.
Minyoung sighed and looked at Sehun. "I told you it would work," he said, grinning.

"Finally, you will be safe at school now," Jaesun said grinning as the four walked towards Sehun's home, he slung his arms over his younger siblings' shoulders.
"That is one scary school," Hyunchan said and heaved a deep breath.
"It was only scary until the new president stepped up," Minyoung said. Sehun looked at her, realizing that she can't get over the fact about Ilsung leaving. He sighed and looked ahead.
"Well, someday you will meet him again. He probably just left for a family emergency," Jaesun said. "But right now, let's enjoy this moment. We're back together, now we'll be together and see together every day, too," the eldest sibling said with a grin as he held his siblings closer to him.

"Uhh, I don't think that will happen," Hyunchan said, looking at the ground.
Jaesun blinked as he looked at the youngest sibling, "Why not? Are you planning to study in America?" he asked. Hyunchan shook his head and pointed ahead. Everyone else followed their gaze to where Hyunchan was pointing at, and found a pair of parents waiting for them with their arms crossed, stern and serious was written all over their faces. The three paused and looked at the ground.
"Jaesun, get inside, now," their father said. Jaesun pressed his lips into a straight line, but didn't budge from his spot. "Lee Jaesun," he said again, his voice raised and stern.
"I'm not going anywhere without my siblings," he mumbled.

"Forget it, they're not even part of this family anymore," his father replied.
"They might not be to you, but they are to me!" he said. "And if you're not going to accept that then fine, I'll leave as well."
Their parents sighed. "Three of you, inside. Jaesun, explain once we get inside," his father grumbled and walked inside the house.


Short update. I fell asleep so I ran out of ideas for this chapter.
In the next chapter, you're going to regret reading this story.