chapter forty.

Pandora

 AILEE - EVENING SKY


Days passed, the commotion about the three siblings suddenly started to overwhelm, and everything started going back to the way it was. Or at least it seemed to be.

Minyoung sighed as she walked towards her school. The closer and closer she got to school each day, there seemed to be something missing to her. Emptiness filled in deep inside her, and she wondered why she was feeling that way. She had Sehun and her brothers by her side, but there had to be someone else that she was missing. Whoever it is, they left a giant gap in her, but she just hasn't realized it. She quietly walked into the classroom, finding the students murmuring to each other. As she sat down, she realized the seat beside her was empty. Heck, it was empty for days. As much as she wanted to remember who was sitting beside her, she couldn't. But the name was on the tip of her tongue, and it was as if her mind didn't allow her to know who it is. Shrugging it off, she pulled out her books and waited until class started.

She suddenly heard the sound of pacing at the front of the room. Glancing up, she found Kwangsun pacing back and forth across the classroom. He seemed as though he was in a deep thought. The student council stood at the door, watching him, embarrassed, but yet, worried. "He's not here either, vice..." one of the boys from the council said.
Kwanghun shook his head, as everyone watched him. "He's not answering my calls, he hasn't been to school for days, where on earth is he?!" Kwangsun asked, storming out of the classroom. "I'm going to his apartment!" he shouted down the hall as he ran out of the school, and the student council followed him out like little puppies. Minyoung looked down, confused. She wanted to follow Kwangsun, having a feeling that she should, but by the time she stood up, the bell rang, and the teacher slammed the door shut, starting class. Sighing, she immediately sat down.

Lunchtime passed, and Kwangsun still hasn't come back, but the rest of student council all crowded into the room, trying to contact Ilsung. Even by the end of school, Kwangsun still hadn't come back. Minyoung sighed as she looked at her book, her pencil in her hand. Her mind was continuously distracted. *Who is this person I didn't know? Why are they so important to me?* Hundreds of questions came to her mind, but she was unable to answer them. Impatient, she stood up and walked out of study hall, walking towards the student council room. Passing by the windows of the student council room, she found it dark inside, but the lamp at the desk was on. The only person inside was Kwangsun. She ran towards the door and lightly knocked on the door. "Come in," she heard Kwangsun say from the other side. Minyoung quietly opened the door, and found stacks of paper on the desk, but Kwangsun's face was flat on the desk.
Minyoung crept over next to him. "What's wrong, Kwangsun?" she asked.

Kwangsun sighed, "I can't find him," he said for the umpteenth time of the day. "I can't find Ilsung..." *Ilsung... The name is oddly familiar...* "I looked everywhere for him. I even went to the places that he often goes after school, he's not there. I went to his apartment, he didn't answer. Every time I tried to call him, the operator would say that the number no longer existed. I don't know what to do! Ilsung couldn't have just disappeared on us like that! Without him as our school body president, this school would turn into a total dump! Even though everyone hates him, we still depend on him. He's the only person who is capable of keeping this place together!" he cried. "I can't be the president of the school! I need him back, we need him back!" he cried again, slamming his fist on the desk. He looked up when he heard no response from Minyoung. His eyes widen, but then shut and cried harder. "I'm all alone again!" he wept.

Minyoung ran down the streets, not caring that it was already late and raining, she just wanted to get to Ilsung. She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, followed along with a ring tone that was Sehun's. She didn't answer it, in fact, she ignored it. *How could have you become so thoughtless of Ilsung? He's been there for you ever since, whenever Sehun wasn't able to be by your side. He cared for you more than Jaesun did, but not as much as Sehun. But who cares about Sehun right now? Ilsung is your friend even though he wanted to be more than just friends with you. You broke his heart, and now you're being totally inconsiderate of him. This is like one of your nightmares, but this time, you're losing a friend, not the one you love, but a friend.* Minyoung stopped and panted as she stood in front of Ilsung's apartment door. She rang the doorbell at least more than twenty times, and at last the door opened. But it wasn't who she wanted to see open the door. Instead, she found a tall elder man standing in front of her. Behind him, were unpacked boxes. "Can I help you?" he asked, raising a brow.

"Uhh... Who are you?" she asked.
"I just moved in earlier. If you're looking for the previous owner, you should ask the front desk-" He stopped in midsentence when Minyoung sprinted towards the elevator. Once the elevator stopped on the ground floor, she ran to the front desk, finding the security guard eating a late night snack with his feet up on the desk. When she slammed her palm onto the hard desk, the security guard set his cup of ramen aside and sat properly in his chair.
"Do you know where Ilsung is?" she asked between breaths.
The security guard adjusted his hat, and scratched his head. "The kid that goes to Eastern High, Ilsung? I don't know where he is, but this morning he just decided to sell his apartment, and leave everything behind, only taking his cat and clothes with him. He didn't explain why, he just left right after a group of boys from the school came by."

Minyoung's heart shattered into pieces. "Did he leave anything for us, like a letter or something?" The guard shook his head and apologized before getting back to the monitor and his snack. Minyoung's shoulders slumped and she shuffled out of the building, getting drenched from the rain again. He just left. She hated the word 'left.' She never wanted to hear it, she never even wanted to experience it when someone she cared about did leave. She felt the numbness took control of her body. All she wanted to do was go home and lock herself in her room.

Minyoung stared at her TV screen, not paying attention at all. Her eyes filled up with tears. For the uncountable number of times that night, she heard her phone ring again, but she didn't have the nerves to answer. She didn't want to talk to anyone, she just wanted to be alone. Sighing, she stood up and shuffled to her bedroom, laying down and pulled the blanket over her head. She wanted to cry herself to sleep. *Why would he just leave without telling me? Or anyone else?* She heard banging on her door, and Sehun screaming, telling her to open the door. Still too numb, she sat there in bed, crying. Hearing a loud slamming in the living room and footsteps coming towards her room, she heard the doorknob of her bedroom door open. She could picture Sehun standing at the door, questions popping into his mind as he stepped towards her. "Minyoung..." he said as he knelt on the ground beside her bed. She immediately shot up, pulling Sehun into a tight embrace as she wept into his shoulder. Sehun felt a pinch in his heart as he heard her cry. He didn't want to ask her anything, knowing that she would cry more. But somehow, he felt as he knew what was going on. His arms wrapped around her, holding her closer to him. "I'm sorry..." he whispers in her ear.


Yeah confusing huh? Sorry. I've been... utterly distracted and disappointed with exams. orz
just took two of my exams today, and I failed them both. I literally feel like a failure.