chapter thirty nine.

Pandora

 BOYFRIEND - STANDING BY U


Dahee gently put an ice pack over Minyoung's ankle. "If you're so afraid that it might get in your eye, then close your eyes!" Jaesun growled at Minyoung, putting a tiny squirt of ointment onto his finger before applying it onto the bridge of Minyoung's nose. "This is crazy," he mumbled.
"The students are crazy!" Sehun exclaimed. Minyoung looked up, seeing Sehun angry for the first time. "They're like sasaeng fans, but only worse! They tracked Minyoung down and found her address to her apartment, and look at what they've done to her," he said, frowning as he looked at the bruised and bloody Minyoung.

Dahee glared at Sehun under the bangs of his wig. "Sehun, calm down. It's not like she was killed. You're lucky that she's still alive," he said.
"Shut up, Daehun. If you understood, you'd care about her too," Sehun growled at Daehun.
"Wait, her name is Daehun? I thought it was Dahee..." Hyunchan said, wanting to stop talking about the incident.
Sehun sighed. "Take it off, Daehun."
Daehun raised a brow as he took off his wig. He glanced over at Hyunchan who seemed to be twitching as he watched Daehun reveal his real self. "You're a guy?!" he questioned, as if his heart was broken into a million pieces. 

Daehun nodded. "Why? Don't tell me that you've already fallen for me as Dahee. She's off limits," he said with a chuckle.
Minyoung glanced at the look on Hyunchan's face. He was white as a ghost, and his jaw dropped to the floor. Certainly, he was shocked. She couldn't help, but giggle at how her brother reacted towards Daehun. Her giggles made the three males who never knew that she could let out such noise, look at her. Realizing what she had done, she stopped, but a smile remained on her face. "Aww~ See, hyung? She's smiling and laughing. Perfectly fine!" Daehun said proudly. 

Hyunchan stepped towards his older sister. "Noona... You finally smiled and laughed!" He squished her cheeks while looking at her with wide eyes. "After so many years, I finally get to see and hear you do that!" he said, happily.
Jaesun raised a brow, and glanced at Sehun at the corner of his eye. *Because of him... Hmm...* "Minyoung, I'm sure you can't go back to your apartment now since the students already know where you live. Do you want to sneak back to your old home and stay for a while?" Jaesun asked. 
Sehun's eyes rounded and he instantly answered, "No!" All eyes were on Sehun, and his face redden. "I mean... She can't go back there. What if she gets caught?" he mumbled. "She can stay here..."
Jaesun shrugged. "I don't know about that. I don't want my sister here with a guy. Especially if it's a close guy friend."

"H-Hyunchan's staying," Sehun said. 
Hyunchan stared at his older brother. Realizing what he was doing, he played along. "But I'm going to sleep at a friend's house tonight, I forgot to tell you."
Sehun slightly frowned. "How about I spend the night at Minyoung's house? I can protect her."
Jaesun's ears rung to the sound of Sehun saying that he would protect his own sister, an admirer's most common promise. "Nah, too far."
"Then let her stay with me, here!" Sehun said, about to go crazy with Jaesun's overprotective was and decisions. 
Jaesun sighed, but finally gave in when he had enough fun teasing the young boy. "Fine, but do anything to her, and your worst nightmare will happen."
Sehun stepped back, and gulped. His worst nightmare was Minyoung leaving him, and with Jaesun around, he can make that nightmare possible, for both him and Minyoung. He nodded in response to Jaesun. Jaesun smirked, satisfied with his work.

After a dinner at Sehun's house, Jaesun and Hyunchan started walking through the city with their hands in their pockets, just like how they did as children. "Are you really okay with noona staying with Sehun?" Hyunchan asked.
Jaesun shrugged. "Of course I am. He's spent at least almost two years with her right?"
"Shouldn't you be worried though? I mean, you don't really know how Sehun really is. What if he does something bad to Minyoung?" he questioned.

"Judging from what I saw from Sehun, I believe that he can keep his promise to protect her." Hyunchan raised a brow as he looked at his older brother. Jaesun sighed before explaining to his brother, "When I first saw Sehun following Minyoung around like a puppy, but then like a mother who's trying to protect their child, I had this sudden feeling that I might like that kid, that I might be able to trust him. Sure enough, when I found out that Minyoung always got bullied by Hyerin, I wanted to help her, but I couldn't. I just stood there and watched. Then, Sehun comes along, helping her, making sure she was okay, I believed that he could protect her better than I can. Earlier when I started pressuring him with all those decisions, I realized that he really wanted to be with her. When I threaten him, he looked scared."
Hyunchan shook head with a chuckle. "You're so weird," he said. "But, you're also a good brother. Are you going to be overprotective about me when I get a girl?"
"Nope. Minyoung's the only sister we have, and she's been stuck through all of this chaos. It's only fair if we both take care of her. You, already have a good life of your own. You've only gone through three months of studying before high school, while Minyoung spent years."

Hyunchan sighed and looked at the ground. "So why were you acting like that towards us? Like we weren't part of your life?" he asked.
Jaesun sighed. "Our parents depend on me the most because I'm the eldest. They already treat me like an animal, even though in your eyes, it may seem like I'm treated like royalty. If I left this family, then it would mean Minyoung would become more stressed than she is today. She's gone through more than I have, and I don't want my own sister to end up in a mental hospital. Too much stress can bring someone to extreme paranoid, mental illnesses, and some just turn completely crazy. I care about both of you, but I never got the confidence to show you both that I care. I honestly miss having you both by my side, asking me for protection. But in the end, you both were capable of protecting yourselves. You both left the family, which was the right thing to do in a situation like this, and with parents who are extremely strict about our education. Sometimes when I try to fall asleep at night, closing my eyes, I see our parents with happy smiles on their faces, happy that we could get everything we wanted, protected, and just a big happy family." He sighed.

Hyunchan looked up at his brother. "You know, noona told me one thing that I don't think I can forget, Sehun hyung also told me this: 'No family is close to perfection. Behind every door of each house, there is an imperfect family inside, hiding their secrets from the world. Once they step out of the house, it's like they put on a mask, pretend that their lives are perfectly fine, that they have a happy family. In the end, there is not a happy family. But the main thing that they never realized is, an imperfect family is truthfully perfect. Family members fight because they care about each other, they just can't show their true feelings to each other. Imperfect is perfect enough.'"

Jaesun blinked a couple of times. *Imperfect is perfect...* He remembered the night when he walked into Minyoung's room for the first time in years, the night when she finally left the family. He remembered going through a scrapbook that she made of the siblings together. Many pages were not filled up, but in the end, there was a quote that she wrote at the corner of the page in perfect English: 'Imperfect is perfect.'
Hyunchan took a deep breath, making Jaesun lose his thoughts. "So, what are we doing here anyway?" he asked.
Jaesun raised a brow and looked at his younger brother. "To your friend's house?"
"What? You thought I was serious?! I was just going along with what you were saying! I never said that I was going to a friend's house and stay overnight!" Jaesun paused and looked at his younger brother with piercing eyes, he slowly stepped towards Hyunchan. "Yo, hyung, are you giving me hug?" he asked, a tad nervous and stepped back whenever his brother stepped towards him. "I'll take that as a no," Hyunchan said and started to run down the streets with Jaesun chasing behind him.

Minyoung sighed as she sat down on Sehun's bed, leaning against the wall, Sehun sat next to her. "Is your leg okay?" he asked. Minyoung looked at him and nodded. He looked at the bandage on the bridge of her nose, and carefully took it off making Minyoung blink at his actions. He reached for a box of bandages beside him, and pulled out a small blue bandage. He peeled off the wrapper, and gently put it on the scab that was on the bridge of her nose. He pulled back and smiled, "You look better in blue," he said. "Well, you should get to sleep." He crawled out of bed, but Minyoung grabbed on to his arm, making him stop and look at her.
"Can you stay with me?" she asked.

Sehun smiled as he watched Minyoung lie down in bed. He lies beside her, face-to-face. Minyoung slipped her slim hands into Sehun's, loving the warmth of his hand, making Sehun tighten his grip around Minyoung's hand. "Sleep," he orders, pulling the blanket up to her shoulders with his free hand. His hand found his way to Minyoung's cheek, and he it with his thumb. "I'll be here when you wake up, I promise," he whispers. Minyoung closed her eyes with a smile, but suddenly scooted closer to Sehun, pulling him into a hug, burying her face in his chest. His arms instantly wrapped around her, and a grin appeared on his face. "Minyoung..." he asked as she began to fall asleep.
"Hmm?" she replied.
"What are you planning to do with your future?" he suddenly asked.
It took her a while to reply, "Have a normal, but imperfect life..."


I'm tired. orz.
Guess what guys. Turns out I never had to do a presentation, since my teacher got to me on the last day and didn't have time. LOL
I plan to end this sometime next week. My next story is of Chanyeol. o u o hehehe~