chapter twenty eight.

Pandora

 YONGHWA - BECAUSE I MISS YOU


Minyoung sighed as she quickly walked home. It was too dark for a girl to walk alone in the dark streets. She glanced around, finding no cars around. It was a long walk from Eastern High to her apartment, and the heart of Seoul was always dangerous at night. Minyoung gripped on to the straps of her backpack. She suddenly paused when she heard footsteps behind her. When she stopped, the footsteps stopped. Nervously, she quicken her speed as she rushed home. The faster she walked, the faster and louder the footsteps became. Suddenly the footsteps' pace quicken, making a run towards Minyoung. A hand appeared from nowhere, covering Minyoung's mouth and muffled scream, and pulled her into a dark alley. Minyoung kicked her legs, trying to get away from him, she wanted to bite his hand, but his hand was covering too tightly. He lets go of Minyoung as he pushed her behind a pile of boxes in the alley. He gave her the most creepiest smirk that she had ever seen. Minyoung backed away, worried to look at the stranger. She closed her eyes, afraid of what would happen next. 

The next thing she heard were grunts, and the sound of someone being thrown back. Minyoung opened her eyes, finding the stranger on the other side of the alley. A figure of a male with light brown hair and in school uniform, stood in front of the stranger. The man swung his fists at the boy multiple times, but ended up missing his target with every move he makes. "Stand still so I can punch her, Ilsung!" He swung his fist again, but Ilsung grabbed his wrist before he could hit him. 

"May I ask why you're about to hurt the transferee?" Ilsung asked, giving him his cold glare. 
"She's from Central High! She shouldn't be in our school, Pres!" he said. 
Ilsung raised a brow. "Do you even know what she's like? You can't judge someone by what school they go to."
"'Center High is so great!' they say. If it's so great, then why did she leave?!" the raging fellow asked. 
"Minyoung had personal reasons to why she is here," Ilsung said, in a harsh tone. "She's on our side now. There's no turning back for her anyway." Ilsung gave his fellow classmate a cold stare that he always gave to the immature students. The two became quiet, Ilsung's cold eyes soften. Sighing, he let go of the student's now redden wrist. "Go home before your brother catches you out here," he said.

The boy glanced at Minyoung, then Ilsung, sighing, he bowed to the elder and walked away. Ilsung watched as his classmate rushed home, and then glanced at Minyoung. Minyoung glanced at Ilsung, but it was too dark to see his face, his bangs hid his eyes, even though there was light above them. Ilsung let out a sigh and glanced down the alley. She saw the outline of his jawbone, and his light brown hair shined as the light reflected off of it. "Are you alright?" Ilsung asked as he held out a hand, offering to help her up. Minyoung timidly took his hand and he pulled her up. "About what he had just said, don't worry about it. He rages over everything." Ilsung stuffed his hands back into his pockets. "A girl like you, shouldn't be walking home this late at night, especially when she's seen wearing an Eastern High uniform."

Minyoung hesitated, didn't know what to say or do. Instead, she bowed as a thank. Just when she was about to turn to leave, Ilsung grabbed her wrist. The sudden touch of his cold hands made her stop. "I don't remember reading anything in your profile about you being mute," he said in a somewhat seductive voice. Minyoung glanced at Ilsung over her shoulder. *He read my profile files?* "I'm the school's president, responsible for everything that goes on in the school. Of course I have to read transferees' profiles," he said as if he read her mind. Minyoung lowered her head. Ilsung sensed that she was scared and said, "At Eastern, there's nothing to be scared of. Just our studies," he said. He lets go of her wrist and reached up to gently pat her head. She looked up when she sensed a warm feeling from his touch. "Get home before someone gets worried," he said, and walked down the dark alley.

Minyoung looked at Ilsung as he walked away. "I don't have anyone..." Ilsung paused, and glanced at her over his shoulder. But when he did, she was already gone. Shaking his head he walked out of the alley.

Sehun glanced at the ground. "Who's... Ilsung?" he asked Minyoung.
Minyoung sighed, "The school president..."
Sehun didn't say a thing. *So... This is what you chose... Eastern, over Center...* He sighed and looked at the clock. Ten o'clock already. "It's getting dark... I should get home with good food for Hyunchan," Sehun said as he pushed himself off the wall and headed towards the door.
"Sehun..."
Sehun stopped walking and glanced at Minyoung. "Yeah?"
"Are you coming back tomorrow?" she asked him with her soft voice.

Sehun soften, and a gentle, kind smile appeared on his face. "Of course," he said and opened the door. He paused again. "Does Ilsung seem... Odd to you?" he suddenly asked.
She looked at her mug of tea in her hand. "Not at all..."
He nodded a little. "Alright then... Good night," he said, and closed her door. He sighed and stood at her door for a moment. "And stay safe..." he whispers before leaving the building.

Ilsung sighed as he stood at his wide window of his living room, looking out in the night city of Seoul. Lights were all on, making the city shine as bright as ever. The sound of cars honking and police sirens wailed through the busy night. Ilsung adjusted his reading glasses as he crossed his arms and looked out at the view. He had no lights throughout his apartment. He was never used to having them on anyway. He had no curtains either, should be because he had no secrets. Everyone already knew about his life, already know how he lived, sleep, and survived.

That was a lie. He had secrets, but they were too personal to tell. Even though everyone said that they knew Ilsung like family, they really only knew the little things of his life. Ilsung was the type to not tell his secrets, in fact, he will never tell his secret to anyone. There was no one who would care or even know how his life was like.

His thoughts suddenly flickered towards the new student at Eastern. As school president, his mind was always on school and his studies. He always read the new students' portfolios, he didn't want immature students coming into Eastern High. If one did, the school would turn into a complete wreck, and he would grow more stress. But there was something that got him interested to this new student.

Ilsung's thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a soft purring and a light rub against his leg. He glanced down and found his cat rubbing against his leg. A soft smile appeared on his face as he bent down to carry her in his arms. He petted her head as she purred against him. Ilsung sighed and glanced out the window once again.


I'm glad I worked on half of this on my phone last night. Hope you guys liked the update. I'm personally glad at what I wrote today. Just the bottom half. Not the top. orz. I'm using my mother's laptop for the morning, but then at night, gotta get on my phone. Anyone have lunch? I forgot mine. orz. So turns out my story layouts only work for Macbooks. It looks really weird on a Windows laptop.

Ilsung is inspired by Usui and Misaki.

And also inspired by President Igarashi. but who cares about him? LOL
So Ilsung is a combo of 3. Except he's not a .

Kwangsun is inspired by the school's vice president. (Forgot his name. orz)