chapter nineteen.

Pandora

 BLOCK B - 100% SYNC.


Sehun sighed as he watched the rain fall from the sky. He turned and found Minyoung in the kitchen, warming up some coffee. A soft smile appeared on his swollen face, but then it faded. It hurt him to smile. Minyoung glanced at him, seeing an unusual frown on his face. She wanted to say something to comfort him, but she didn't know what. She would say something, but she was never in the same place as Sehun was to say anything about it. "Don't worry..." Sehun said. "I'm a man now... Sooner or later, I'm going to need to it up and move on," he said, letting out a half laugh.
Minyoung pressed her lips into a thin line. "Man or not, you're still not going to forget about this day. Neither will I," she said.
"Well, yeah, of course you won't. You finally gotten what you wanted... I lost the most important person in my family... Again," Sehun said, sounding rather harsh.

Minyoung kept an emotionless face, obviously not offended by what he had said. "Yes. I've gotten what I wanted. But it doesn't mean that this is over." She looked at Sehun, realizing that he was even more upset. "I have never been through what you have gone through. Only because there's no one in my life that has ever been in an important part of me. No one has never treated me like you did. But, even though your grandmother has died, doesn't mean that she has entirely left you. Right now, she could be watching over you, but you just don't realize it. She's still in your heart is all that matters, and maybe one day, you will end up meeting someone like her." Sehun looked at Minyoung. "Like I said, I've never gone through the same thing. So sue me if I'm wrong," she said with a shrug. "You don't have to believe me." She let out a scoff. "I never had a real family anyway, until now."

Sehun pressed his lips into a straight line, but then sighed. "No... You're right... I'm being a baby about this. Yeah. Somewhere, my grandmother is watching over me. And maybe... She also sent me someone who... Is like her," he said, looking at Minyoung. "The same person that my parents had sent me." He let out a soft chuckle. *Of course, my Minyoung is always right.*

Sehun sighed as he stood in front of his grandmother's grave. It had been a week since his grandmother had died and had been buried. Sehun was still upset about the sudden death, but he couldn't help, but continue to be happy, only because he's with the girl that his family had sent him, Minyoung. Sehun bent down and placed a bouquet of flowers on her grave. No more tears were made. No more heartbreaks for Sehun. *I still have one important person in my life, and that's you, Minyoung.* He wanted to thank his entire family, for introducing Minyoung into his life. He was happy that Minyoung was now by his side, and he doesn't want her to leave his side at all.

Minyoung walked inside Sehun's house, when he invited her inside after they left the graveyard. Sehun sighed as he and Minyoung sat down on the sofa. "The school year's ending in a week, you know..." he said and let out a chuckle. "Remember when you told me that until the school year ended, you and I would be nothing but school partners, and when this school year ends, we'll be separated... Do you think I believe that? I feel that you and I have suddenly became so close than expected. Don't you think?" Minyoung stayed quiet, not responding to him. "You know.. I think of you as... a close friend. Maybe, a sister? I bet I can replace Jaesun. But, then again, I just gotten to know you this year." He sat up straightly and looked at her. "Remember when you always gave me drawings back then?" he asked with a smile.

Minyoung turned her head in a different direction. "I don't want to discuss about anything in the past."
He sighed. "Sorry..." Minyoung didn't say anything else. "Tomorrow is ou last project together..." he said.
"So?"
"Can we work on it as a team this time? I don't want to do the whole thing..."
"We've been working together for the past few projects."
"I still want to!"
She sighed and nodded. "Fine."

The two stayed silent for a while. "Do you think you will be able to face your parents again?" he asked.
"Why do you asked?" she replied.
"Because... You're eventually going to see them again, and graduation is next year."
"When the time comes, I'll think of something."

Hours passed, and Sehun was in his room. He glanced at Minyoung who was already asleep on his bed. He had talked Minyoung into staying over at his house for the night. He would sleep on the floor, and she'd take the bed. Minyoung disagreed, but Sehun begged her many times. He sighed as he leaned against the wall, suddenly remembering the times when his grandmother would come into his room with a tray of food. He shuts his eyes. *Stop.. Thinking about the past...* He laid down on the ground and glances at Minyoung. She had been with him all day, and he was happy that she was. She was the only person who would bring him happiness from a tragic thing. Sehun sighed and he stared at the ceiling. Right now, all he can tell his own grandmother is, "Thank you," only because she sent him someone who would be by his side all the time. But now he still asks himself, whether he likes her more as a friend, or not.


Short, weird chapter. Sorry. Once again, I've been distracted by family. -n-
Happy holidays!