chapter eighteen.

Pandora

 SUNNY HILL - COLD DAY FEAT. YOON HYUN SUNG
    CLICK THIS LINK AND LISTEN TO THIS WITH THE SONG!


Sehun sighed as he drummed his fingers against the hardwood of his desk. He glanced at the clock, only an hour until school would end. He glanced at the empty seat beside him and sighed again. Earlier, he had left Minyoung on the school rooftop. She wanted to be alone. Sehun couldn't understand her. At one point, she wanted to beat Jaesun in the finals, now, she was feeling bad for Jaesun now that she had gotten a better score than Jaesun. *Lee Minyoung, you are indeed one mysterious girl.* Even though Minyoung was worried about Jaesun, Sehun couldn't help, but worry about her, too. He wondered what would happen if Jaesun had gone out looking for her, maybe getting revenge at his own sister. Or, what about her parents? They would be furious that she had gotten everything right, and Jaesun didn't. Would they go after her?

The teacher left the room for a minute as he told the students to work on the assignments, and at last, Minyoung finally came back and sat down beside Sehun. She didn't bother to even glance once at Sehun, and looked out the window. Sehun turned to her and asked, "Are you feeling a bit better?" he asked, giving her a kind smile. She didn't answer. Just as he was about to open his mouth to speak again, the teacher stepped back inside and started talking again. At that moment, Sehun's phone rang loudly in class, all heads were turned to him as Sehun's eyes widen from the sudden disruption. The teacher made his way down the aisle and towards Sehun.

"Mister Oh Sehun," he said, and held out his hand, asking for his phone. Sehun sighed as he turned off his phone and placed his phone in the palms of his teacher's hand. The teacher walked away and threw Sehun's phone in the desk drawer and returned to the class. While Sehun sat there, confused about whom would call him at a time during school. Everyone that was in his phone contacts were from school, and the only outsider was his grandmother. But, Sehun knew that she wouldn't call him during school. Sehun sighed and looked to the front of the class.

At last the bell rang and school ended. Sehun and Minyoung were the last to leave the classroom. "Are you going to work today?" Sehun asked.
Minyoung stopped packing her books and turned to Sehun. "Yes."
"Great, then I'll go with you-"
Minyoung interrupted Sehun mid-sentence, "You don't have to. Just go visit your grandmother," she said.
Sehun blinked at her response. "Why should I-"
"Just go," Minyoung said in a cold, harsh tone.
Sehun sighed, and nodded. "Alright. I'll see you later, alright?" he said and slung his bag over his shoulder and walked away.

Sehun walked around the florist store. *Hmm... Maybe I should get her sunflowers? Nah, I think she's allergic to those.* He looked around, looking at all of the flowers, one by one. His eyes finally settled on a bouquet of daisies. He remembered how his grandmother had always planted daisies in their garden behind their house. Every time they bloomed, his grandmother would harvest them and bring them inside, putting the daisies in vases and put the flowers everywhere in the house. She always went to all of her flowers and watered them to health, but ever since she had been to the hospital because of her illness, she never had time to take care of them. Sehun paid for the flowers and made his way out of the store and to the hospital.

Sehun smiled as he got on the hospital's elevator and pressed the floor button of the floor his grandmother was staying on. He found doctors and nurses run into a room, very worried with someone. Confused, he continued to walk to his grandmother's hospital room. As he walked down the hallway, he met the nurse that took care of his grandmother. She looked up as if she was shocked from Sehun's appearance. Sehun looked at the empty bed in the room. "Sehun!" she said. Sehun looked at her, then the bed. The nurse lowered her head in shame and said, "I'm terribly sorry..."

Sehun's eyes were already blurred with wild tears. He threw the flowers into the trash bin and ran into his grandmother's room. He cried out for his grandmother, but no replies were made. The nurses held him back and pushed him out of the room. A high-pitched beep sounded, and the doctors stopped what they were doing, and stepped back. Sehun stumbled back into a chair as he stared blankly at the room. "Grandma..."

Sehun sighed as he walked through the streets of Seoul. It was raining, and Sehun wasn't bothered by the rain. He kept his head lowered and he stared at the ground as the rain drenched him. His tears were mixed with the rain's own. He had lost her. The only woman left from his family that actually care about him. He felt guilty that he could not be there for his own grandmother before the time she had passed away. He never gotten the chance to give her a proper farewell.

An umbrella appeared above him, making him raise his head. "Minyoung..." he said. He bit his lip to prevent himself from crying. He grabbed her hand and pulled her close to him, hugging her tightly. "If you never told me to go, I would have never know..." he whispered into her ear.


Sad update. orz. sorry. short too. kinda busy. I have a lot more to tell you guys. I question how I gotten so many subbers lately. ouo