chapter seventeen.

Pandora

 HELLO VENUS - FIRST LOVE (You're going to have to look it up yourself orz)


Minyoung sighed as she looked at her bottle of blue pills. "What did you do to me?" she questioned it. "What are you trying to make me do?" She frowned as she looked at the side-effects, which the only thing that was listed was fatal death. She sighed as she looked at the view of the city that was outside her window walls. She questioned herself on why she was seeing Sehun earlier, and why the sight of him made her more relaxed about the exam. Her phone rang, and her soft ring tone of As You Wish by Yiruma replaced the silence in her loft. She glanced over at her phone and found that it was Sehun calling. She didn't want to pick up, she just wanted to have some time to herself, and think. 

Sehun sighed as he stared at the ceiling of his bedroom. Once again, he couldn't get Minyoung out of his mind, and he felt as if he was going crazy. Every time he closed his eyes, he saw Minyoung's fragile face. He knew that he liked her, but he didn't really know if he was in love with her. But, something made him feel as if he shouldn't be with her, just as a friend. But that idea disappointed him. Sehun sighed and to his side, closing his eyes, hoping that he would be able to finally fall asleep.

She ran out of the classroom with a picture that she had drawn in her hands, and ran straight to Sehun with a smile on her face. Sehun looked at her with an expressionless face. He was annoyed with Minyoung. She laughed a lot, sang in class a lot, and bothered him a lot. He couldn't understand why she would pick him to ignore. But of course, Minyoung has been bothering him for years, and Sehun was used to it. He would just ignore her presence, and tune out from her. He had to admit, whenever Minyoung wasn't around him, and she was very quiet, she did look a tad cute in his eyes, but he swore to himself that he would never like her, not even as a friend.

Sehun at last stood up, and walked away with his hands in his pockets. But he didn't realize that Minyoung didn't really talk much to him. She stood up and followed Sehun, who was walking faster than her. "Sehun oppa~" she shouted, but then let out a little shriek as she tripped on her own foot and made contact with the ground. Sehun paused and looked at her, not showing a speck of emotions towards her. Minyoung looked up and held out her drawing for Sehun. "Oppa~ For you," she said with the most sweetest voice any kid would ever have.

Sehun looked at her, then at the drawing. He took the colored paper from her and looked at it, reading the words 'Minyoung + Sehun.' He knew that Minyoung had had a crush on him ever since the two were put in the same classes. He didn't talk to Minyoung, but then, Minyoung only followed him around whenever she had enough courage to confess to him, but he would always turn her down. Sehun let out a chuckle and looked at Minyoung. He had no heart, and tore the drawing apart, right in front of his eyes. Minyoung's innocent eyes widen from what he has done. She was heartbroken. Sehun threw the torn drawing at her and walked away, absolutely not caring about her.

Sehun shot up and his eyes widen, as he panted from his nightmare. No, it wasn't a nightmare, it was a memory that he wanted to forget that was now really a nightmare. He sighed and collapsed back down. *Maybe that's why she doesn't like me... But...* Sehun heaved another sigh and to his side. *The day I felt the need to be closer to you, was when I realized that, you were more miserable than me... Your parents never loved you. You never had the chance live a real life. You could never trust anyone. I only liked you because of all that. But, you were different, and I'm still asking myself this question to this day, who are you, Minyoung?*

The day where the exam results were out, and all of the students had gathered in the cafeteria to see their scores. Some were sad, some were happy, some were crying, some were jumping for joy. Everyone's eyes wandered around the board full of results, and at last, they had found themselves looking at the Top 10 students. When their eyes got to the very top, their eyes widen, and everyone had let out a gasp. Minyoung slowly walked down the steps to the cafeteria with her hands in her blazer pockets and suddenly stopped when she found all the students stop whispering to each other and were facing her. When she had turned in their direction, everyone took steps back, making way for her as Minyoung walked towards the board. Her eyes wandered around the board as she looked for her name. She reached to the top of the board, and her eyes widen. '1. Lee Minyoung - All correct.' Her heart stopped, but her face remained emotionless. She slowly backed away and walked out of the cafeteria. *All answers were right... And I'm now the first... What was Jaesun's?* She suddenly remembered seeing Jaesun's name right under hers. *I... Beat Jaesun...*

She stopped and stared at the ground. *But why am I not happy about this?* Her head suddenly started aching, and her hand touched her temples. As she took a step forward, but suddenly stumbled back, but not on the ground. A pair of strong arms were wrapped around her, and held her closely to him. Sehun peeked to see her face. "Careful," he said.

Minyoung sighed as she sat down on the grounds of the school rooftop and Sehun sat right beside her. "Why aren't you happy with it?" he asked her. "You've done all you could, and you got what you wanted..."
"This is just our third year of high school. He could still beat me next year... And my parents would still not appreciate what I've done..." Minyoung explained.
Sehun pressed his lips into a thin straight line. "Still... You've done all you could, and now, you've beaten Jaesun. Even if your parents aren't happy about it, I am. Just think of me as family... As you're new brother..." he said, looking at her. "You have my grandmother, Hyunchan, the boys, and me by your side. That's all you need. You don't need to be just good at education to show your parents that you're better than Jaesun. You're already talented and intelligence, don't let a stupid family competition block you from your future. It's already keeping you back from having a normal life..."


Yawn. I'm tired. Sorry for short updates. I've been lacking talent lately. Too focused on school nowadays. This story isn't ending soon! There's more coming!
A lot of you guys asked what kind of ending. Sadly, I can't explain the surprise one, but the normal ending is Minyoung and Sehun living happily ever after together. And I guess.. The surprise is something that I don't think you guys will expect, and it kinda worries me because I'm worried that you guys might not like it, but I'll let you guys do this survey.

 

*Unknown as in don't know who or what.