chapter fifteen.

Pandora

You'll see me do math. LOL

GAIN - NOSTALIGA (FEAT. ERIC)


The snow quickly melted away as days got closer to March, and every student in Seoul were getting anxious of the final exams that was just a day away, which also meant, parent teacher meetings. Kai sighed as he looked at his friends. "I don't get why we still have these PT meetings when we're in high school. We're already adults, the teachers can just tell us what's going on."
"Stop whining. You're going to get in trouble again anyway. When don't you?" D.O said.
Suho glanced at Minyoung. "If it is parent teacher meetings, then, what's going to happen to Minyoung?" he asked Sehun.

Sehun turned and glanced at Minyoung over his shoulder. "I got it! Chanyeol can disguise as Minyoung's parent," Baekhyun said.
"Who's going to be her mother then?" Chanyeol asked.
"Oh, you're not going to be a dad," Baekhyun said.
"I'm fine with being the mother if you're the dad," Chanyeol.
"Dude, it's not like we're going to- Are you gay?" Baekhyun questioned.
"Of course not. I just like teasing you."
"Why don't we just ask her?" D.O suggested and looked at Sehun. "Sehun you go," he said, pushing the young boy out of his seat and towards Minyoung.

When Sehun was able to stand up straightly, the bell rang, and the teacher walked inside and started class.

Around last period was math, and the teacher was going through old lessons for the day. "Minyoung, can you come up and do this problem?" the teacher asked as she finished writing down the geometry problem.
The students all murmrred to each other that no one would remember what they learned in geometry, and looked at Minyoung as she stood in front of the board and took the dry-erase marker from its place and glanced at the math problem again before writing out the problem.

Minyoung studied the figure and equations as she stood at the board, and the teacher and students waited for her patiently. She wrote in the equations to the sides of the triangle to organize her thoughts. At last, she started working on the problem. Sehun watched her every movement, noticing that she was in deep thought. She blocked everyone's view from her work with her body. She finished within a couple of minutes and walked back to her seat.

 

The teacher looked at her work and nodded, "At least she'll pass the finals," the teacher murmured to herself. She turned to the class and told Minyoung was correct.
Everyone turned their heads and looked at Minyoung, never realized that she was smart. When everyone turned their attention back to the front, Sehun looked at Minyoung and smiled. "Smartypants," he said.
"Keep telling yourself that," Minyoung said as she turned to face the window.

The bell rang, interrupting the teacher in mid-sentence, and without another word or bothering to finish her sentence, she walked out of the classroom. Sehun looked at Minyoung as she put her books into her bag. "Minyoung..." Sehun said. Minyoung looked at him.
"What is it?" Minyoung asked as she slung her bag strap over her shoulder. Without another word or bothering to wait for him, she walked out of the classroom and Sehun ran after her.

"I have something else to ask you... about the parent teacher meetings, what are you-"
"The school already knows what to do. I don't need to have a meeting," Minyoung said, interrupting Sehun's question.
Sehun's face lit up with a tiny smile. "Okay then..."

That night, Sehun visited his grandmother at the hospital. He sighed as he settled down in the seat next to his grandmother's bedside. He could hear the IV beside her, beeping along with her heartbeat, and her heavy breathing from her oxygen mask. Sehun rubbed his eyes, and tried his best to keep them open, knowing that it was past midnight, and he should be at home. His grandmother continuously told him to go home, but he told her that he'd go home when she was already asleep.

Sehun yawned and stretched his arms back as he tried to keep his eyes on his book. He glanced at his phone, realizing that it was 3 AM. He dropped his  pen, buried his face into his hands. *How does Minyoung keep this up?* He let out a chuckle as he closed his book, and put his pen into his pencil case. He looked up, found his grandmother already asleep. Sehun quietly put his books into his bag and made a silent exit out of the room. He stood in the hallway, finding part of the halls lights were on. He pulled out his phone, wanting to call Minyoung, but hesitating on whether if he should or not. *Is she sleeping? Wait, 'course not... Tomorrow is the exam, and certainly, she didn't want to fail that... Maybe if I...* Before he could finish his thoughts, he had already dialed Minyoung's home number and held his phone up to his ear. Sehun's eyes widen to what he had done. He heard her soft voice on the other side, "Hello?"
"Minyoung..." he started to say. "I... Can I come over and study with you?" Sehun asked. "Please? I'll buy us a late night snack."

Sehun ran out of the convenience store and towards Minyoung's apartment. A grin appeared on his face, and it didn't fade when Minyoung had agreed to let him stay earlier. He could hear his own heart beating, but he didn't know if it was from all the running, or if he really did have feelings for Minyoung. Either way, he was still excited to be with her. He got off the elevator on her floor and walked towards her door, knocking on the door. He waited and waited, no response. His grin disappeared and he started to become worried. "Minyoung?" he asked with his voice raised enough so she could hear him, no response. Sehun jiggled the doorknob, trying to get in. "Minyoung?" Sehun stepped back with his lips pressed into a thin line.

He kicked the door opened and ran inside. He called out Minyoung's name again, but still no response was made. He ran to her room, eyes rounded. Flat on the ground, and with a bottle of blue pills in hand, he found Minyoung.


Sorry for not updating lately, I've been planning the chapters and the new characters for this. And I finally finished all my assignments. Next Friday, I'll be able to start giving you guys real updates. :D We also need some drama in this, guys.
Sorry if it's too short or weird of an update too.