chapter twelve.

Pandora

▲ SUZY - WINTER CHILD


Minyoung pushed Sehun away from her. "Stop following me," she said as she reached to her apartment door.
"What part of 'I want to spend part of Christmas with you' don't you get?" Sehun questioned as he reached to her side. "I Oh Sehun, will not leave your side until dawn. Only, because he wants to cheer Minyoung up on Christmas day. Now let's get inside, it's freezing," he said, grinning, as he pushed Minyoung into her loft. Minyoung sighed as she stepped inside. Once she set one foot onto the grounds of her loft, lights went on. "Ta-da!" Sehun said, smiling like a little kid. Minyoung looked around, seeing Christmas lights hanging on the walls and ceilings, and a big Christmas tree in the corner of the living room. "Do you like it? I decorated it when you were back at school, practicing your solo. You know, it's a pretty bad idea to give me your house keys. This is what will happen if you give me your house keys."

Minyoung closed the door of her loft and took off her thin winter jacket. "Oh, and I got you a gift!" Sehun said. He ran towards the Christmas tree and pulled out a four foot sized teddy bear with a Christmas hat on its head. Sehun smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah ... I didn't really know what to get you for Christmas. I'm not very good at finding gifts. But this was the best I could do, and since you told me you never celebrated Christmas, I was like, 'What they hey, maybe I'll get Minyoung a giant teddy bear, and maybe decorate her own place to make it look Christmasy,'" he said with a shy shrug, his face colored. He walked up to Minyoung and handed her the giant teddy bear, but suddenly gasped. "I never noticed that you were that shorter than me! You're the same height as this bear!" Sehun said, laughing.

Minyoung sighed as she sat down at her desk and looked at her textbooks. *I miss you, books.* She took her pen and slipped her reading glasses on. But Sehun grabbed her wrist. "No studying, tonight~ Tonight, you and I will bake!" Minyoung gave Sehun a blank look. "C'mon!" he said, pulling her up to her feet. "It's a lot of fun on a Christmas night. The icings, little gingerbread men, gingerbread houses, cookies, all that stuff!"
Minyoung looked at Sehun. "You talk too much today."
Sehun let out a shy laugh. "I guess I'm just a little excited. I'm always like this on Christmas day..." Minyoung face stayed the way it was. *Liar.*

After hours of baking and decorating pastries, Sehun had wrapped the goods into bags and boxes. "The rest will be ours," Sehun said, as he pushed a plate of gingerbread men and cookies towards Minyoung. "I think you're wondering why we were doing this, huh? I want to give the children at the hospital some cookies for Christmas. They're kinda like us," he said, looking at Minyoung. "Their parents wouldn't want to see them, or, their parents left them... But, I'm going to meet my grandmother as well, so... You're coming with me," he said, smiling, slipping into his winter coat and handed Minyoung her jacket. "Let's go," he said, taking hold of Minyoung's hand and left her loft together.

By the time they arrived at the hospital, it was still dark out. Ever since the two had left Minyoung's loft, Sehun hasn't let go of Minyoung's hand, Minyoung, didn't realize it at all. The two got off the elevator on the floor where children were staying at. When the doors opened, all of the children ran to Sehun. Minyoung stood back, and watched as Sehun went on one knee and handed out the goods. A little girl ran up to Sehun. "Oppa~" she said, tugging on Sehun's sleeve, motioning him to come closer to her. She whispered in his ear, "Who's that unnie? Is she your girlfriend?" Sehun glanced at Minyoung as she stood patiently next to the elevators. He didn't answer, but gave the girl a shy grin and a bag of cookies.

Sehun stood up as he gave out the last bag of goods to a kid. He turned to the elevator, and found Minyoung gone. "Minyoung?" He looked around and found her with a doctor, but stayed a distance away from the two.
"I need to take my pills after this break ends," Minyoung said.
The doctor sighed and looked at his clipboard, and adjusted his spectacles. "Alright. But only after break, and don't take them daily. Maybe once a week or two. You're already losing enough sleep because of them, and we don't want you to get an overdose, okay?" Minyoung nodded as the doctor walked away. Sehun took his chance and walked towards Minyoung. 

Minyoung turned and faced Sehun. "Those pills... Are used for you to stay awake all night?" Sehun asked. Minyoung didn't respond. "Studying must be really important to you," he said, with a smile. Minyoung looked at him. She had expected him to be angry at her, rage over about how worried he'd be if she had taken an overdose. "You're never giving up on anything do you?" he asked, patting her head. "Let's go. I need to visit my grandmother," Sehun said, grabbing her hand once again and pulled her towards the elevator.

The elevator stopped on the next two floors. When the doors opened, Sehun found his grandmother sitting on one of the chairs, the IV beside her. There were dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep. Seeing her slouched down, her hand over her hip, you could tell that she was in big pain. Sehun looked at his grandmother in great worry, same with Minyoung. His grandmother looked up, seeing Sehun and Minyoung, a weak smile appeared on her face. "Sehun-ah~ Minyoung~"

Sehun sighed as he stepped out of his grandmother's hospital room. When he found Minyoung looking at him, he instantly turned a different direction, hiding his face from her. He quickly threw his hood over his head and hung his head low. Minyoung looked at him with a confused look as Sehun leaned against the wall. "Don't look at me..." he said, his voice cracked. Minyoung looked him, as his bangs covered half of his face. He brought his wrist up to his face and swiped it against his cheek.
Minyoung crossed her arms and stood back. "Finally you cry," she said. Her words shocked Sehun, but he didn't dare look up. "You thought you could fool me with all that Christmas excitement, huh? I may seem to be quiet, and not know many things about people, but I've been around you enough to understand what's really going on, and it seems like I'm not the only one who's living in the Pandora box." She paused, then said, "It's about the accident, right?" 
Sehun turned his face away and took a deep breath before nodding. "Well... I'll let you do whatever then," she said and turned to walk away.

Sehun looked up and immediately grabbed Minyoung's wrist. Minyoung glanced at Sehun, a tad shocked by his action. He pulled her towards him, and hugged her tightly, making Minyoung's eyes widen. She froze at the sudden skin ship. "Don't leave... When I need someone by my side right now..." he said, wrapping his arms around her more tightly. Not knowing what to do, her arms trailed up to his waist, but didn't give him a proper hug. She gripped onto the side of his shirt, and let him hug her.

The two sat down in the hospital cafeteria. Minyoung gave Sehun a cup of hot cocoa. Sehun watched Minyoung the whole time. "Stop watching me," Minyoung scolded him.
Sehun sighed and looked down at his folded hands. "I..." He let out a sigh. "I'm sorry for just crying like that earlier..."
Minyoung shrugged. "Men aren't supposed to cry," she said. Sehun looked at her. "But only a real man would let out his emotions."
Sehun smiled at her, "Do you think I'm a man?" he asked the sudden question.
Minyoung looked at him and exhaled after she took a sip of the hot cocoa, "Not even close to one," she said. Sehun frowned. "But you're getting there."

His eyes lit up like the Christmas lights. "Mm, then I suppose that you seem to be getting closer to getting out of that Pandora box." Minyoung raised a brow. "You're talking to me more, and you seem to trust me more..."
Minyoung narrowed her eyes. "This is just Christmas, it's the only time I will be expressing any emotion like this," she said, looking out the window.
He grinned. "Which reminds me, when's your birthday?"
Minyoung stood up. "I'm guessing your time for 'part of Christmas day with Minyoung' is over. So I'll be heading home," she said.
Sehun stood up as well. "But tell me when your birthday is..."
She turned to face Sehun. "I'm a winter child, and a special one in fact," she said.

Sehun looked at her and blinked confusingly. The corners of Minyoung's lips arched upward, forming a special tiny smile. Sehun's eyes slightly widen with her sudden movement. Her small smile disappeared and she walked away. *Yeah... You're truly, a special one. That's born on a special day...*


Talk about... Weird update. And short. orz
WAIT. THERE'S MORE BEFORE YOU SAY THAT EVERYTHING'S MOVING ON TOO FAST.