Healed

The Man who never Dies

Daehyun's eyes scanned So Eun anxiously, relieved when he didn't see any scrapes or bruises.

"Are you okay?" he asked in concern, his heart speeding.

He had his eye on her the entire time. Whenever she looked over at him, he would look away. But when she focused her attention on something else, he would return his gaze to her. Not merely because of his bodyguard instincts, but also because he couldn't tear his eyes away.

Would you be able to, if you loved someone so much?

But anyway, he watched as she went to the rubbish bin to throw her rubbish, deep in thought and obviously not looking where she was walking.

And his eyes rounded when he saw the ahjusshi advancing towards her with that tall stack of plates and she didn't seem to notice anything.

His heart almost stopped right then and he leaped up from his seat, scaring the girls that were sitting with him at the table (they invited themselves again) and rushing over, only pushing her away just in time before those plates crashed down on her.

They crashed on him. It hurt. But it didn't register.

Daehyun frowned when So Eun didn't respond, her eyes slightly unfocused as she gazed back at him. "Yah." he nudged her. "Are you okay?" his tone was soft.

So Eun blinked. This was the first time he had actually talked to her and...she didn't know what to think. The first thing she couldn't get over with was how he actually saved her.

She looked over to the seat where he was originally sitting at and her eyes widened, realizing how far it was from where they were on the floor. He had jumped all the way from there?

She looked back at him and he asked the same question again. "Hey Kim So Eun, answer me. Are you okay?" Daehyun was starting to panic now, wondering if she hurt her head or anything. So Eun looked at him, surprised at the genuine concern flitting across his features.

"I'm okay." So Eun sat up and Daehyun helped her. So Eun looked at him, biting her lips. "You saved me. I never expected that." she whispered.

Daehyun froze and he promptly discarded all emotions on his features. His expression reverted back to it's original stone poker face as he looked back at her coldly. "I'm rude, but I'm not heartless."

So Eun was puzzled how he could change so quickly but she didn't have time to think about it when she noticed a cut next to his elbow. It was formed most slightly from his skin grazing on the cafeteria floor when he pushed her away and took the impact for her.

"You're hurt!" So Eun gasped and took his arm, examining the wound. "Oh no, the blood is coming out. We should go to the nurse's office and-"

"No need to." Daehyun plucked himself away from her, knowing that she would never understand how much strength it took on his part for such an action. The BAP boys were now racing towards them after the commotion and crowding around So Eun.

"MY POOR BABY!" Himchan shrieked. "So Eun are you okay?"

So Eun frowned at Daehyun, ignoring her friends. "Hey you should clean your wound to avoid infection-..Hey! HEY JUNG DAEHYUN!" she hollered.

Daehyun turned around and walked out of the cafeteria without a backward glance. So Eun frowned, huffing lightly.

She turned back to five pairs of worried eyes and she smiled, shaking her head. "I'm fine, really. Jung Daehyun took most of the impact anyway. Thank goodness he pushed me away."

"How could he have appeared so quickly? Unless he was watching  you the whole while." Youngjae helped her up. So Eun winced lightly, her back slightly sore because of the hard ground. The boys helped the ahjusshi stack up the plates again and both the ahjusshi and So Eun apologized to each other.

"I don't know." So Eun murmured softly in response to Youngjae's question. "I was puzzled about that too."

-----

The bell signalled the end of school and Daehyun grabbed his bag, shoving the books into it. So Eun glanced at Daehyun one last time before disappearing out of the room with her friends, disappointed that he didn't look at her even once.

Daehyun sighed softly, grabbing the last book and shoving it in.

He was surprised when a piece of something dropped from one of the pages and landed on the floor. He bent down to pick it up, only to realize it was a piece of band-aid together with a piece of cotton and a piece of post-it.

It's still better to cleanse your wound.
Thank you for saving me this afternoon Jung Daehyun.
You'll find a bottle of antiseptic under my table. Make sure you use it!

From,
So Eun

A small smile surfaced on his mind and he ducked down, looking under So Eun's table. And there it was, the small bottle of antiseptic she was talking about.

Daehyun couldn't help the goofy grin, warmth spreading throughout his entire body. No matter which life it was, his So Eun was always so helpful and passionate.

 

 

Year 1310. Goryeo Period.

"Daehyun oppa?" So Eun poked her head out of her window. "Daehyun oppa are you here?"

A soft groan was her answer and So Eun's eyes widened, her eyes darting around in the darkness frantically. She swallowed, looking around behind her in her room and she ran to her door, locking it. She wouldn't want her parents to see a boy in her room in the middle of the night.

So Eun raced back to the window and looked around, her heart beating frantically. "Daehyun oppa where are you? You're late tonight, did something happen?"

"Yes." a soft groan came from the tree that Daehyun usually climbed to get into her room. "A little trouble cropped up. So Eun ah, I don't think I can cross from this tree to your window ledge tonight. Maybe we can just talk like this?" he faked a cheerful tone.

"Oh gosh just how bad is it?" So Eun asked, horrified. "Wait here a second, don't go away!" she rushed back into her room and searched for some clean cloth.

Daehyun laid against the tree trunk, his face pale as he clutched his wound. "Don't think I can go anywhere either." he breathed.

Daehyun always met So Eun in the middle of the night as he climbed into her room. Her parents didn't know about him. Actually no one did except for them two.

He would have the pleasure of seeing her every night and he could hold her while she slept, watching his angel till morning comes and he would slip away without anyone knowing he had been there.

Except this night he wouldn't be able to do that. Seeing how he almost died climbing the tree even.

So Eun appeared at the window again with the few clean cloth from one of her premium robes. "Oppa, stay where you are. I'm coming." she whispered.

Daehyun's eyes widened and he was shocked to see his dear So Eun actually climbing out of the window and reaching for the nearest branch. "Yah Kim So Eun!" he hissed. "Don't you dare! It's dangerous!"

"What am I to do? Sit here helplessly while you bleed to death?" So Eun muttered as she grabbed onto the branch and crawled on it. The branch swayed and Daehyun prayed it wouldn't break. Please tree, please.

"Kim So Eun if you dare scrape even a finger," Daehyun swallowed as she inched nearer up the branch. "I'll have you know that I'll never come ever again."

So Eun reached the top of the branch and she grabbed the branch above her, steadying herself as she climbed up to him. Once she was near enough, Daehyun pulled her up to sit on the same branch he was, wincing slightly as he exerted pressure on his wound.

"You wouldn't be able to stay away." So Eun mused lightly as she looked at him. "And I would find you."

Daehyun softened, thinking just how beautiful his girl was under the moonlight. He could kiss her here right now if only if they weren't dangling up in a tree and he couldn't move from his spot because of the darn wound.

So Eun moved closer and she pulled his hand away, the hand that had been clutching his stomach wound. She gasped at the amount of blood on his robes and swallowed. "What happened?" she asked, horrified.

"Debtors." Daehyun shrugged. "Nothing really. You know, living for four hundred years kind of drains your assets even if you were once rich."

So Eun softened and she pulled Daehyun's robe up, wincing at the wound. She dabbed the wound with the cloth she got and Daehyun let out a soft hiss. "If you let me help you with the debts, everything would be fine." So Eun whispered, tears gathering in her eyes.

"Everything would be fine the moment I can save you on your eighteenth birthday." Daehyun murmured, reaching out to cup her cheek. His eyes searched hers and he swallowed painfully. "I failed too many times. I can't fail again."

So Eun nodded, smiling softly. "You'll succeed this time. And we can be together happily forever like in those fairytales. I believe you, Daehyun oppa."

Choking on his tears, Daehyun leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers.

His beautiful girl. He really didn't want to see her body limp and lifeless again.

 

 

Seoul, South Korea. Year 2012.

Daehyun let out a small sigh and bit his lip. "But I failed that time. And all the other times after." he murmured, the guilt and desperation washing over him again.

These memories popped up ever so often and it made him feel worse than he could possibly feel.

Daehyun stared at the bottle of antiseptic and the little dinosaur band-aid and he allowed himself a little smile. He unscrewed the antiseptic and took the cotton wool, preparing to cleanse his wound as he raised his elbow to look at it.

His smile froze.

The originally bleeding wound had healed, the scar almost fading and in a few hours' time, it would look like it never even existed.

Of course. He never died. All his wounds healed, no matter how he tried to hurt himself.

Daehyun's smile slipped away from his face and he promptly screwed the cap onto the bottle of antiseptic again, his eyes hard. The reminder of his failures and his immortality screamed in his face and he felt suffocated, desperate and helpless.

He kept the band-aid and antiseptic, slinging the bag over his shoulder, the most bland expression on his face.

"This time will be different, Daehyun. It must be."

 

 

-----

I'm not too sure what is happening right now haha but a moderator contacted me and asked me to endorse a blog.

Apparently there's going to be an AFF awards this year and I think it's official. A mod contacted me and told me that so....it's most likely official? Haha sorry if I sound a little skeptical.

So here it is:

AFF AWARDS 2012