The Secret's Out

The Man who never Dies

"You're annoying." Daehyun muttered. "Insanely annoying."

So Eun pouted and she sidled away from him to the other end of the couch. "Alright alright! I understand you don't want to listen to my commentary when you're watching the show, but not everyone has the chance to listen to my commentary you know." she muttered.

Daehyun glanced at her who was crossing her arms in front of her chest and pouting. She caught him looking and stuck her nose up in the air. "HUMPH."

Daehyun laughed in amusement. "You've got to admit, you were a little annoying." he pointed out. "When the movie first started, you suddenly ran off, insisting on making popcorn. Then you came back, watched for five minutes and went to the toilet three times in half an hour."

"Blame the coke." So Eun muttered.

"And when you finally finally came back, you were blabbering on how you read the summary online while you were in the toilet and you knew what was going to happen." Daehyun gave her a pointed look. "Can't you just sit down here and watch the movie peacefully? You can do that when you're studying and you can't do this when you're watching a movie with me."

So Eun bit her lip and huffed. *Precisely.*

She played with her fingers and didn't say anything, just staring at the ground.

If she was to be completely honest, she still felt like everything was surreal.

First she was to cope with the fact that Daehyun was more than a thousand years old and was trying to save his fiance from dying. And then she had to handle the realization that she actually fell in love with Daehyun and the fact broke her heart into a million pieces.

And then, she learnt that the person Daehyun was so hopelessly in love with was actually her, which was extremely difficult to accept, seeing how he had been cold all this time.

And she also had to get used to the fact that she could possibly be dying in a little over ten day's time. Excellent, really.

So Eun sighed softly. She had mixed feelings about everything that had happened over these few days. She could hardly cope with the way her heart raced whenever Daehyun looked her way and sent her a smile. He never smiled in the past and now he always wore one when he saw her.

If Daehyun was good looking with a scowl, he was seriously god-like when his lips curled upwards. And the way he only showed his affection to her and only her made her melt every single time.

He had the ability to make her blush, to make her perspire nervously, to make her blabber uncharacteristically. She never felt happier compared to the times she spent with him but these times could possibly be ending.

They didn't even have time to really spend their time together as a couple.

So Eun sighed again.

Daehyun looked at her and frowned. He moved closer to her slowly, inching towards the other end of the couch. "Hey." he leaned closer. "You angry?"

"No." So Eun wrinkled her nose. "I'm not."

Daehyun studied her and twisted his lips. "You are." he poked her cheek. "Yah, you should know that I don't mind you being annoying. I was just teasing you." he pulled her nearer and looped his arm around her shoulders. So Eun naturally snuggled against him. "Don't be angry, hm?"

"I'm not." So Eun looked up at him and shook her worried thoughts away. 12 days was 12 days. She still had time. She made a face at him and elbowed him. "You don't understand a girl at all. I was so annoying because I was nervous alright?"

Daehyun raised his brows and a bubble of laughter slipped past his lips. "Nervous? What for?" he laughed. "Being around me?"

So Eun huffed. "Hey! I'm only nervous because I feel something for you alright? I could hardly care less if I watched a movie with any other guy in class."

Daehyun softened and leaned over, kissing her temple. "Would you believe me if I say you still make my heart race after so many years?" he murmured. So Eun looked at him, her eyes round with surprise.

"Loving you ia never a habit." Daehyun admitted. "It's a need. It's this feeling that I HAVE to feel and it gets stronger every single time." he tapped her nose as she smiled at him. "Even if you're a tad annoying."

So Eun laughed and hugged him. "You make me happy even when you're insulting me, you're pure genius."

 

 

"Morning So Eun!" Youngjae burst out, waving.

The BAP boys turned to Youngae in surprise. So Eun and Daehyun walked towards the rest of the group and Youngjae immediately took his place on the other side of So Eun. "Morning bestie!" he beamed.

So Eun blinked at him in confusion and rubbed the back of her neck. "Uh...good morning?", it sounded more like a question.

"It's a beautiful day don't you think?" Youngjae grinned, smiling at So Eun. "How about we go to the arcade today after school? We haven't gone there for a while."

"That's not a bad idea but..." Yongguk eyed Youngjae suspiciously. "Why are you so chirpy?"

"Nothing." Youngjae shrugged. He quickly turned back to So Eun and pulled out a book. "Here, I bought this for you."

So Eun brightened and she snatched the book away immediately. "It's the Fault in our Stars! Where did you get it? I went to several bookstores and they didn't sell this one."

"I have my ways." Youngjae grinned. He looked over So Eun's head and met Daehyun's gaze, his eyes slightly melancholic. They exchanged a look and Daehyun looked away first, sighing softly as he ran his fingers through his hair. He understood what Youngjae was doing, because he was doing it too.

"So Eun had always pestered you to help her order this book and you never once budged." Himchan noted. "Why did you buy it for her all of a sudden? It's not like it's her birthday, it's not for around two weeks."

Youngjae's smile dimmed at the mention of So Eun's birthday and So Eun and Daehyun exchanged sad glances. Daehyun squeezed So Eun's shoulders and forced an assuring smile.

"I just felt like buying it alright?" Youngjae muttered. "For my best friend."

So Eun looked at Youngjae and smiled softly. "Thanks Youngjae, you really are my best friend." she murmured.

"Hey! What about us!" Zelo complained.

So Eun laughed softly and nodded. "You all are my bestest best friends." she whispered softly. "The best in my life."

-----

"Hah! I got the last bike!" Himchan grinned childishly as he ran to the last racing bike at the arcade before So Eun could get to it. Daehyun ruffled her hair and laughed at her fallen expression. "Yah Himchan hyung, just give it to her."

"No." Himchan hugged the bike. "I'm going to finish this race first. For once."

Jongup was already starting the game as he slotted his coin and he looked back at So Eun uncertainly. "Uhm I'd let you play but...oh it's starting!" he quickly focused on the game instead, racing while turning right and left in sharp corners.

Yongguk had no intention giving up his playing spot and ignored the whole commotion. Youngjae stared back at his game and bit his lip. "So Eun, you can take over mine." he gestured.

So Eun beamed at him appreciatively and ran over quickly, hopping onto the bike. "Thanks Youngjae!" she quickly started the game.

Youngjae walked over to Daehyun and the latter gave a small smile. "Thanks for letting it to her." he murmured.

Youngjae sighed softly. "It's not only you who cares. You're her boyfriend, I'm her best friend. We both love her, except in different ways." he shrugged. "I'm just trying to let her see that I care, despite how we're always competing in school." he looked torn. "I don't want to lose a sister, Daehyun."

"You won't." Daehyun promised, closing his eyes. "I'll do everything I can to break out of the curse, you can have my word on that."

Youngjae gave a slanted smile. "A promise from a thousand year old man, I think I can trust you right?"

-----

"Hey let's take a picture." Youngjae pulled out his phone while they were eating ddubokki from their favorite store. Daehyun nodded with a smile and pulled So Eun nearer. "Yes let's."

Youngjae smiled brightly and took a selca with the three of them. So Eun made a cute face and Daehyun pressed his face against hers.

Yongguk eyed the three curiously. "Yah, you three are strange. Daehyun and So Eun can do this because they're a couple, but you too Youngjae?" he raised his brows. "You third wheel."

"This isn't being a third wheel alright?" Youngjae set the phone on the table and started the countdown. "Come on, let's take a picture together before there isn't a chance." he pulled everyone out of their seats.

Only Jongup noticed Youngjae's weird choice of words as they smiled brightly for the camera. *Before there isn't a chance?* Jongup scratched his head.

-----

So Eun and Daehyun went home first because they wanted a little time together and the rest of the BAP boys went over to Yongguk's house to play with video games. The other four were having a fun time but Youngjae just sat at the corner, staring blankly into space.

The others finished a game and Zelo won. The maknae did a victory dance while the leader scowled. "Aish! Can't believe I lost!"

"Too bad, at least I got second." Himchan grinned.

Jongup wasn't too interested and he went over to Youngjae. "Hyung, are you okay? You're acting really weirdly." he muttered in concern.

Youngjae looked at them and forced a smile. "I just want to tell you guys that I really appreciate our friendship." he suddenly blurted. "I really cannot imagine what my life would be without anyone of you and if life was under my control, I hope the seven of us can be together till the end of time."

The other four boys stared at him without silently, their mouths agape.

It took several moments for them to respond and it was beyond dramatic. "WHAT IN THE WORLD?" Yongguk rubbed his arms. "If you wanted to achieve the gross effect, you succeeded."

Youngjae looked away. "I'm just saying." he secretly wiped a tear away.

Jongup frowned and suddenly gripped Youngjae's arm. "Hyung, are you dying?" he gasped. "Have you caught a terminal disease or something? You say this all of a sudden and you were so nice to So Eun all of a sudden. And then you even wanted to take pictures and said something like not having the chance to do this anymore...hyung! DON'T DIE!"

Zelo immediately ran to Youngjae. "Hyung, you're really dying?" he gasped. "Don't!"

"I can't believe it but dude, when you go for checkups or things like that, don't hesitate to bring us along." Yongguk promised. Himchan nodded in agreement.

Youngjae rolled his eyes and threw his arms up in frustration. "Aish you guys are plain dumb! I'm not dying! It's not me!"

"But you said-" Jongup frowned.

"It's not me who's dying..." Youngjae let out a sigh. "It's So Eun."