Explanations

The Man who never Dies

So Eun stared out into the distance, hugging her bag close.

A cold breeze blew past her and she shivered, sighing softly. She blinked up at the night sky and her eyes rounded in surprise. Hours passed so quickly.

She checked her phone and saw her mother's reply to her previous message. Thank goodness she remembered to tell her mother that she wouldn't be back home for dinner, or they'll be out searching for her by now. Not that she was thinking of eating anyway.

So Eun stared at her house, the lights to her room currently off. She would really like to return home then, it wasn't nice sitting out at a park bench for so many hours. Her was already hurting.

It was getting colder as well, what wouldn't she give for a nice bowl of soup her mother made and a warm blanket.

But she couldn't return home. Not yet.

So Eun frowned at her house. Daehyun's room's window was on the other side of the house so she couldn't tell if he was home yet or not. Was he asleep yet? Maybe he would, if she got lucky.

She really didn't want to see him, she didn't know what to think about him at all.

Was he even human?

So Eun didn't want to cause any confusion and panic by telling other people about what she saw of Daehyun. She didn't know the truth about him yet and she wasn't the sort of person to spread rumors and assumptions when she didn't know the whole deal.

She knew the next reasonable step to take was to face him, to hear him out.

He definitely had things to explain, looking at how he actively tried to seek her out to talk to her all day. If she wasn't so disturbed, she would have been elated that Daehyun was trying to talk to her instead of the other way round.

However easier said then done. How was she supposed to face Daehyun so calmly as if nothing happened? She couldn't. She couldn't even look him in the eye and not flinch with fear.

So Eun squeezed her eyes shut and hugged herself. Why did it have to be Daehyun? Of all the people she knew, she didn't want to be afraid of him the most. She didn't want him to be someone that wasn't supposed to remain in her life.

Someone sat down on the bench beside her.

So Eun froze, not daring to look. Would that be Daehyun? If it was Daehyun, what should she do? Should she run? But he would obviously catch up with her much faster with his speed and-

The person nudged her.

So Eun snapped her head to look at him and let out an immediate breath of relief. "Oh, it's you." she forced a smile for the masked man. "Hello."

Daehyun gave a nod to acknowledge her greeting. So Eun leaned against the back of the bench and sighed softly. "Thank goodness it's you. I wouldn't know what to do if it were...someone else." Daehyun bit his lip at her words. He knew she was referring to him.

They sat together in silence for a bit and Daehyun watched her carefully. It wasn't like So Eun to keep quiet for such a long period of time, especially when he was in his masked man get up. His get up screamed of mystery and he knew So Eun always yearned to pry the mask off his face, but since she couldn't, she would shoot him many questions.

This So Eun hadn't said a word since her initial statements, and it had been five minutes. Daehyun sighed softly. It seemed he had shocked her quite a bit.

So Eun lamented on their current position. Why was it that the first time that the masked man came to find her out of his own accord, she didn't have anything to say?

The masked man had been there during some important stages of her life. When she needed help, when she needed someone to be around with. In dramas, his existence might even be awfully romantic and So Eun had to admit that the thought that he might be her prince charming actually crossed her mind quite a few times.

But lately, that thought didn't surface. Because she was too distracted by someone else in her life. A someone else that might not be human.

So Eun let out another sigh and she jumped when Daehyun nudged her again. She turned towards him curiously with her eyes wide, and watched as he lifted his hand and pointed in the direction of her house.

So Eun raised her brows. The initial surprise that he knew where she lived wore off and she cocked her head to the side. "Are you asking me to go home?"

Daehyun gave a nod.

So Eun blew on her bangs in desperation and shook her head. "I can't." she deflated. "There's someone at home that I don't want to face. I don't know how to face him you know. And...I think I might cry. If he tells me that he's...something else, I might. I don't want him to be. I want him to be huma-...I mean, normal. Like me and you, you know? Maybe he's a superhero with powers." she laughed lightly at that aspect. "But you know what? Superheros always die someday when their enemies are too great for them. I don't want something like that happening to him."

Daehyun finally understood what she was sighing about. Fear of him, yes. But at the same time, she was worried that his strange healing ability set him apart from usual humans, and that might take him away faster.

He softened. Oh So Eun...

Daehyun stood up and So Eun looked at him, confused. He gestured for her to follow and picked up her orange bag, walking off.

So Eun quickly scrambled to her feet to follow him, trying to keep up with his large strides. Daehyun peeked back and smiled slightly. At least she was following.

He walked her back to her house and stopped in front of her door. He turned around to face her, his eyes roaming her face. So Eun swallowed and stared at the front door fearfully. "I really don't want to go back." she whispered.

Daehyun frowned and gave her a look. So Eun sighed and nodded, raising her hands up in defeat. "Fine. I know I have to." she got her bag from him and forced a smile.

"Thanks for making me come home." She murmured. "I know I need to, I just needed a little push. See you some time, masked man."

Daehyun gave a nod and watched as she opened the door and went in.

Once the door was closed, he immediately tore off his beanie and mask and ran around the house to the back door.

 

 

So Eun greeted her parents and assured them she had eaten (blatant lie), before she treaded carefully up the stairs. Her eyes fixed on Daehyun's closed door, wondering if he was inside. She took a deep breath and ran quickly to her room and flung the door open.

She got in and was just about to close the door when a hand stopped her. She wheeled around in surprise and came face to face with Daehyun's panting one. "We need to talk."

So Eun her lips nervously and looked away. "How about tomorrow? I'm tired." she faked a yawn. "Really tired you know, how about we talk some time later? How about next week instead?"

Daehyun sighed and pushed past the door, closing it behind him and locking it. So Eun instantly stopped talking and her eyes grew wide. "Why did you lock it?" she whispered.

"Because what I'm going to tell you, I don't want anyone else to know." Daehyun eyed her. "And I trust you won't tell anyone."

So Eun laughed uneasily. "W-What you're gonna tell me?" she pretended to smile. "You're acting so mysterious, Daehyun. You got some corporate secret there?"

Daehyun walked to a chair and sat down, gesturing to the bed. "Sit. Listen."

So Eun shuffled over to her bed and sat down, hugging her pillow as if to protect herself from him. Daehyun stared at her for a bit, biting his lips. "You hungry?" he suddenly asked. He took out a pack of biscuits he managed to grab from the kitchen before running up here, and tossed it to her.

So Eun caught the biscuits and stared at it curiously. "I know you didn't eat dinner. Eat it." Daehyun urged.

So Eun nodded and tore at the wrapping carefully, Daehyun watching her every move. He was delaying, but he didn't know how to start. Every time So Eun got reincarnated and he had to reveal himself to her to tell her about their story, it was hard.

So Eun bit into a biscuit and glanced at him. "What did you want to talk about?" she murmured.

"You saw." Daehyun gazed at her. "My wound healing. You think I'm not human."

"Are you?" her gaze snapped to him at once.

Daehyun stared back for a few moments, trying to figure how to answer. "Not exactly." he finally said. "I was, once."

"I don't understand." So Eun frowned, her hand dropping. Daehyun frowned at her and So Eun immediately picked up the biscuit and started eating again. He sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. "Maybe the first thing I should tell you is that...I'm 1095 years old."

So Eun nearly laughed. "That's impossible!" she chuckled uncertainly. "R-Right?"

"I was born in year 917, in the Silla Period." Daehyun muttered. "My father is Minister Jung Hyunwoo and my mother was once a gisaeng before my father bailed her out. I am 1095 years old, it's true."

So Eun shivered. "But you look..."

"My body's age stopped at 19." Daehyun explained. "Since I was 19 more than a thousand years ago, I never aged. I couldn't die. That explains why my wound healed so quickly, because even if I stabbed myself in my heart, I could never die."

So Eun gaped at him. "How?"

Daehyun's gaze dropped to the ground. "I think before everything, I have to tell you about someone else. She was....is, my love, my fiance, my everything." So Eun stared back at him.

"Her name was," Daehyun his lips, his eyes drifting to her for a mini second. "Kim...So..."

So Eun's eyes widened and she straightened unconsciously.

"Hyun." Daehyun closed his eyes again, squeezing them shut.

"Her name was Kim Sohyun."

 

 

Heyy guys.

I know I haven't been updating as frequently as I was in the past, but bad news is that my updating rate most slightly won't speed up. I'm waiting for uni to start so I'm holding a temp job right now. I work 9-6 and honestly, writing is the last thing I feel like doing after work.

I have to go for interviews, prepare myself for them, worry about my uni and scholarship applications, and at the same time I've got to have a social life as well.

I try to write as much and as often as I can, but I want to spend time with my friends as well before they enter army.I want to let you guys know that I appreciate you guys reading and supporting and I thank you for your patience.

I'm sorry if I don't reply to messages and wallposts fast, or if my answers are short. If I don't reply your post it's most likely that I missed yours. Sorry for that.

I just want to thank you guys for waiting and supporting.

Peace,
Goddess.