White Day dates II

The Man who never Dies

So Eun had a mind to whack Youngjae's head till it dropped to the floor.

He had that "I-know-something-you-don't-and-I'm-secretly-laughing-at-you" expression that annoyed her thoroughly. He kept having that knowing look on his face and grinned like a Cheshire Cat.

When So Eun looked over at him, he would wipe off the grin from his face but his eyes still twinkled with mischief. Oh how she hated that look.

She only restrained herself because Youngjae had even taken the initiative to bring her around the park and explained some of the monuments which he had obviously studied about before the date.

He dropped her off at a shopping complex and So Eun immediately spotted Jongup waiting for her at the corner. She hopped over to him and beamed. "Hey!"

Jongup grinned as well. "I'm your fifth white day date, So Eun. I be bringing you to the cinema and-"

"Nope." So Eun cut him off with a sly grin. "I have a place in mind."

-----

"The cafe?" Jongup shrieked, cowering away from the door. "There are other cafes out there you need not choose this one right? And I thought you just had lunch with Himchan not long ago, are you hungry already?"

"Hungry yes, but for some action." So Eun grinned and pulled him into the cafe. "Why are you so scared? Do you still remember that pretty cashier that works here? OMO! She's here today! Working on White day! Maybe she's still single." She nudged Jongup.

Jongup reddened and sat down, massaging his cheeks. "She's too pretty to be single." He muttered under his breath.

"Aha, so you think she's pretty!" So Eun laughed heartily. "Don't worry Jongup, I'll help you ask." She raised her hand and waved it frantically.

Jongup's jaw dropped at her actions and his eyes shot towards the pretty cashier who blinked at So Eun in confusion. She looked around and saw that none of the waiters saw So Eun and she whispered something to the other cashier before making her way towards their table.

"She's coming! She's coming!" So Eun whispered in excitement.

Jongup groaned and buried his face in his hands. "Kim So Eun...."

"You're going to thank me after this." So Eun whispered before putting a bright expression as the girl approached their table. "May I help you?" The girl smiled kindly and her gaze darted over to Jongup.

Jongup reddened at the same time she did. So Eun's eyes trailed to the girl's name tag and grinned. "Oh your name is Lee Haerin? This guy here is Moon Jongup." So Eun nudged Jongup playfully.

Jongup cleared his throat, his face red. "Uhm yes, my name is Jongup."

Haerin nodded, her cheeks pinking. "Uhm what can I get you two?" She read off the menu. "We have a special couple promotion for White's day today-"

"Nah we aren't getting the couple promotion because we aren't a couple." So Eun quickly clarified. "He's just one of my best friends. Do you even think we suit each other? Nah."

Haerin glanced at Jongup hopefully and bit her lip. "Anyway, why are you working on White's day? Don't you have a boyfriend to bring you out or he's coming over later?" So Eun probed.

Jongup's eyes widened and he elbowed So Eun. "So Eun! What are you asking!" He hissed. "That's her privacy."

"Uhm it's okay, I don't have a boyfriend." Haerin pinked. "Can I get you two something?"

"Yep." So Eun finally said, making both Haerin and Jongup sigh in relief. "I want a strawberry waffle and iced tea."

Haerin looked at Jongup. "A-and you?"

"Uhm bacon sandwich and hot coffee." Jongup met her gaze and his cheeks instantly flushed.

So Eun watched them both and rolled her eyes, grinning. *Man, they so don't want me here.*

-----

So Eun even managed to force Jongup to ask for Haerin's number after that and he was grinning as if he had struck first prize for lottery.

He sent her back home and So Eun skipped back home after thanking Jongup. "Thanks for the absolutely action packed last date of the day." She had said.

Jongup had looked at her in confusion as he scratched his head. "Last?"

But then she had already disappeared into the house. So Eun blinked at the completely empty house and saw a note on the table.

So Eun,
I'm bringing your mom out for dinner.
Have a fun date!
Appa

So Eun huffed and made her way up the stairs. Her dates had ended! She didn't even have someone to eat dinner with! Not that she was hungry with all the eating that day.

So Eun went over to Daehyun's room and knocked it carefully. When she didn't get a response, she opened the door to find an empty tidy room. She twisted her lips wistfully and went over to her own room. "I wonder where he went."

The moment she got into her own room, she saw the piece of note on her table.

Meet me at the park.

It wasn't signed but it was written in such impeccable tidy handwriting that looked like it was written with a brush like in the olden days instead of a pen. So Eun knew it was from Daehyun straight away.

Without even letting herself rest for a minute, So Eun ran out of the house towards the park. The day had begun darkening and it was already past seven. There weren't a lot of people in the park and that made spotting Daehyun much easier.

He was sitting on one of the benches as he stared into space in a melancholic way, spiking So Eun's curiosity as to what he was thinking about in such instances.

She walked over to him carefully and sat down beside him. "You wanted to meet me?"

Daehyun was slightly startled by her sudden appearance and So Eun thought he looked pretty cute when he jumped up for a second. Daehyun cleared his throat and fixed his expression.

"You're here." He muttered. "Don't think too much into this. That stupid Youngjae threatened me into this."

"Into what?" So Eun looked at him in confusion.

Daehyun looked away, his cheeks pinking, which was fortunately not very obvious because of the dark. "Your white day date. I'm your last white day date."

So Eun's eyes widened and suddenly everything clicked. No wonder that Youngjae was smirking so delightfully! What on earth did Youngjae do to make Daehyun agree to this?

"Wow." Was the only thing she could say.

Daehyun shifted uncomfortably and produced a basket from under the bench. "Dinner." He said simply, getting out plates of spaghetti and some bagels, even paired with packet teas.

"Wow." So Eun repeated. What was more surprising than the food was that Daehyun actually bothered buying them and wrapping them up in transparent cling wrap, keeping them warm. To think he actually bothered to do anything was a surprise.

"Eat." Daehyun shoved the plate of spaghetti towards her together with a fork, avoiding her gaze. He tucked in to his own dinner and looked away from her.

So Eun felt full from the strawberry waffles she just ate but she still dug into the spaghetti with gusto. She hummed in approval at the taste, smiling brightly. "Hmm it's good."

She saw the sides of Daehyun's lips curl up ever so slightly and she smiled. Her gaze travelled to the basket he had brought and she blinked at the rest of its contents. "Hey what's that?"

Daehyun snapped his gaze towards her and his eyes widened, his cheeks flushing red. "Wait-"

"Oh!" So Eun pulled out the long packet. "Mini fireworks!" She squealed. "Man, I love these!" She immediately searched for the lighter in the basket and took out one of the sticks.

She lighted it up and a dazzling mini firework burned at the end of the stick as she waved it about. "So pretty!" She cooed. She looked over at Daehyun and beamed. "Wow I never knew you had it in you to think of something like this. This is romantic, even."

Daehyun cleared his throat and looked away. "AISH, I shouldn't have brought them."

"You totally should have!" So Eun laughed as she waved the stick around. Daehyun watched her in content as she lit a few more sticks and waved them about, thoroughly enjoying herself.

"Come on, you take one too." She passed one to him and Daehyun took it, staring into the sparks and colors and not knowing what to do. He only saw these inventions on tv but he hasn't really played with it before.

So Eun saw him sitting there awkwardly with the sparks burning in his hands and she laughed. "You look so stiff, Daehyun!" She nudged him. "Run around like me, wave it about. Make words!"

She drew a word in the air and Daehyun's jaw dropped.

"Did you just call me a loser?" He gaped at her audacity.

"Oh? Was that what I wrote?" So Eun blinked innocently. "I didn't know."

"Kim So Eun." Daehyun growled and made a move to catch her. So Eun laughed as she ran away, waving the sticks about merrily as she went.

Daehyun smiled as he ran after her, already forgetting his aim of staying away from her and not letting her get emotionally attached. It was hard to remember all the time, especially when she was smiling so brightly like this. Because of him.

"You're the loser. Why the hell are you running away?" Daehyun finally caught up with her and grabbed her wrist, turning her to him.

She laughed heartily, panting like he was as she met his gaze. Daehyun looked at her in the eye, his gaze b with sincerity and adoration.

So Eun's smile faltered and she blinked up at his foreign expression. "Daehyun-"

He immediately looked away and let go of her hand. He cleared his throat and walked back to the bench. "If you're not eating, I am."

So Eun watched him go, her mind spinning in confusion. Did she just see that look on his face? But why would he look at her like that?

But at least he wasn't that cold to her anymore, right?

So Eun rushed to follow after him and threw away the sticks. "I'm eating! Wait for me!"