A day with Jongup

The Man who never Dies

When So Eun woke up in the morning, the first thing that came up to her mind was for once, NOT pororo.

It was Jung Daehyun, being in the opposite room just meters from her. She didn't know why she felt wildly excited by the thought.

So Eun got out of bed with a large yawn and shuffled out of the room, poking her head out with her eyes settling on Daehyun's closed door. She tapped her chin thoughtfully and twisted her lips. Was he awake?

So Eun tip toed over to Daehyun's door and put her ear against the wood, listening carefully. There didn't seem to be a sound at all inside. Did that mean he was still asleep?

So Eun's brows furrowed and she bit on the insides of , her hand lingering on the doorknob. Should she peek? She was rather curious as to how Daehyun looked like when he slept. When you were sleeping, wasn't that the time when all your guards were down?

So Eun's hands rested on the doorknob and she turned. She her lips nervously until a thought occurred to her. Being so close to the BAP boys since they were young made her aware of male habits more than she should.

Her eyes widened. "Wait." she whispered. "What if Daehyun likes to sleep ?" Her cheeks flushed at the idea but it was absolutely relevant, even after watching Running Man she knew Gary liked to sleep so what if Daehyun also...

"I don't."

So Eun whipped around, pressing herself against the door and her jaw falling open. Daehyun raised an amused brow at her and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "I don't. I sleep with clothes on, unfortunately." Daehyun pulled her away from his door and went inside to deposit this things.

So Eun's cheeks flushed deep red and she her lips nervously, peering inside. His room looked the same as it did the previous day, the only difference being the ruffled bedsheets. "I just wanted to say good morning." she dug her head for an excuse for her curiosity. "And that thought occurred to be before I opened the door. Just making sure you know!"

Daehyun grabbed a black jacket and pulled it on, and So Eun couldn't help noticing how most of his clothes in his wadrobe was black. "And if I really did wear clothes to sleep, would you open the door?" he asked, a smile lighting his lips and he turned away to hide it.

So Eun's eyes widened and she grabbed a hair brush to throw at him. "Of course not you !" she squealed, red in the face. "Ah this is infuriating! I'll go wash up!" she stomped away quickly and Daehyun could imagine her flustered expression.

Chuckling softly, Daehyun got out of his room, going downstairs to help Mrs Kim for breakfast even though it was a Sunday. He had a feeling he could get used to this new arrangement.

 

 

 

So Eun glanced at Daehyun as he ate his toast silently, reading the newspaper with utter interest as if he hadn't read one before. So Eun bit her own toast slowly and frowned as she observed the way Daehyun chewed his toast, his y lip moving in a graceful smooth way that was somehow attractive even though he was just eating a piece of toast.

Daehyun drank his milk and a drop of the white liquid trickled down his lips. Daehyun it up before it trickled down his chin and So Eun followed suit unconsciously. She pouted with a small frown. *How could he look so good even when he's just eating?* she complained inwardly.

Mr Kim grinned in amusement as he watched his daughter make faces at Daehyun while the latter just ignored him thoroughly.

Daehyun reached for another piece of toast and rubbed some crumbs on his fingers. So Eun didn't even realize what he had done until he flicked some at her face, causing So Eun to flinch away. "Yah!" she grumbled, wiping the crumbs from her face.

"Stop staring. I can't eat in peace." Daehyun muttered, chewing on the toast and not even looking up at her. So Eun made a face and leaned back into her own chair, muttering under her breath.

Daehyun's lips quirked up in a small smile and he resumed reading his newspaper. *So many things have changed.* he read on in interest. *I didn't even know there was an entertainment column nowadays.*

"By the way So Eun, bring Daehyun out around the neighborhood later, why don't you?" Mrs Kim asked. "Get Daehyun familiar with this area."

*I'm familiar enough.* Daehyun thought to himself. *I've followed So Eun enough to know what's around here.* "There's no need to. I can manage." Daehyun nodded once. So Eun was a little disappointed with his answer but then again she never expected anything else.

"Fine fine. You manage yourself." So Eun muttered under her breath.

-----

Daehyun was in his room doing god-knows what at So Eun was in hers, laying her her bed and feeling extremely bored. She wanted to go into his room to disturb him and annoy him but decided against it, in case she got on his bad side.

So here she was on a Sunday afternoon, with absolutely nothing to do.

So Eun flipped onto her tummy on her bed and reached for her phone, sending a message to all the BAP boys, asking if they were free to do anything. Yongguk's came in first.

To: So Eun
Himchan and Zelo are over at my house playing video games. You can come join if you want to.
From: Yongguk

So Eun made a face. Nah no thanks. Youngjae's text came soon after.

To: So Eun
YAH I WAS SLEEPING WHEN YOUR TEXT WOKE ME UP! I'm going back to sleep, you amuse yourself.
From: Youngjae

So Eun frowned. That pig.

She was about to call Jongup when the doorbell rang. She skipped to the door and her eyes rounded, seeing Jongup right there. "Hey. You said you were bored so I came to find you." Jongup rubbed the back of his neck bashfully.

So Eun grinned and slapped his arm playfully. "My buddy. Great, let's head out to the cafe to get something to eat. I'm bored so I'm hungry." she rubbed her tummy. She looked up at the second level and wondered out loud. "Should I ask Daehyun if he wants to go?"

"No." Jongup blurted without thinking.

So Eun blinked at him in confusion. "Why not?"

Jongup's eyes darted around nervously. "Uh...he's just resting. No need to disturb him." he muttered, knocking himself mentally on the head. What in the world was he doing?

"Oh yeah. He wouldn't want to come anyway." So Eun sagged. She sighed softly as she slipped her slippers on. "Doesn't matter. We'll go have cheesecake and bring one back for him instead then. Come on." she grabbed her keys.

Jongup bit back a smile as he followed behind So Eun, glad to have some alone time with her. He had been feeling a little strange lately whenever So Eun accidentally touched his arm or smiled at him.

He had always been a little slow on things, especially growing up and maturing. He was the last of the BAP boys to learn to walk and the last to break his voice, even after maknae Zelo. And it seemed he only just grew into a man from the boy he was, because he only recently got aware of how he was male and So Eun was female.

Not that he didn't know before. But that awareness rose and when So Eun accidentally bumped into his arm or something, he found himself pinking because she was a girl.

She had always been the only female in his life besides his other and all of a sudden, he was a little awkward with her when that phase had passed for all his other friends. He knew they were especially awkward with So Eun in the past especially when she was growing past puberty and her chest grew, but Jongup never thought much of it.

Till now. As he watched So Eun skip in front of him, he couldn't help realize that she had grown into a woman and he a man.

Gosh he was blushing again.

The two of them reached the cafe and Jongup ordered the orange cheesecake for himself and greentea cheesecake for her like he knew she would like. Ice blended mocha for her and latte for him.

So Eun bit into the dessert and let out a satisfied hum. "Good." she nodded, smiling. "Let me try yours." she leaned over to scoop some of Jongup's cake.

Jongup caught some of her vanilla scent and he instantly reddened, clearing his throat awkwardly like the socially awkward penguin he was. "Yours is good too." So Eun nodded in approval as she returned to her seat. "But I like mine more."

Jongup nodded to show that he was listening but in actual fact he had no idea what she was talking about. He cleared his throat again and drank his latte.

Why was he behaving like this? So Eun had been his best friend for ages.

"Why aren't you talking?" So Eun looked at him curiously. "Are you falling sick?"

Jongup shook his head hurriedly. "No. I'm fine." He ate his dessert. "How has Daehyun hyung settled in?" he asked, trying to act normal.

"Hm him?" So Eun made a face. "I think he's settled since he had the mood to tease me this morning." her cheeks pinked when she remembered her loitering outside his room. "By the way," So Eun looked at Jongup. "Do you sleep with clothes on, Jongup?"

Jongup choked on his drink and pounded his own chest, coughing till he was red in the face. "What?" He squawked.

"Oops mian. Didn't mean to frighten you." So Eun laughed and passed him her drink since it was easier to drink a cold drink than a hot one. She looked behind Jongup and noticed a cute girl at the counter watching Jongup discreetly and So Eun smiled.

Someone had a crush on her friend.

"Why did you ask that anyway?" Jongup asked when he calmed down, his cheeks still flaming red.

"Nothing, just a thought." So Eun brushed it away. "Don't answer it. I don't want to know now." she focused on the girl behind the counter and the girl noticed So Eun staring at her. She pinked immediately and looked away, busying herself with some chores.

"Jongup?"

"Hmm?" Jongup looked at her curiously.

"We should come to this cafe more often." So Eun grinned. "YOU should come here more often."