Observant Youngjae

The Man who never Dies

The boys fussed around the room, shifting the furniture here and there in what they thought was the best manner and trying to get Daehyun to feel at home.

Meanwhile Mrs Kim was cooking up a scrumptious meal for them all and Mr Kim was contacting his secretary to do the paper work for Daehyun.

"What? There isn't any record of a Jung Daehyun in Seoul?" Mr Kim frowned, rubbing his temples. "The Jung Daehyuns around are not orphaned?"

He sighed and paced around the living room. "Then maybe he came from the rural areas instead." he muttered to himself. "He doesn't want to tell me what the names of his parents are." he told his secretary. "And I think it might not matter. He might have been born without even registering with a hospital. Do some paper work for his registration and I'll see to it on Monday."

Mr Kim got off the call and sighed, looking up at where all the noise from the BAP boys were coming from. "Jung Daehyun, what kind of life have you lived till now?"

-----

"COME DOWN FOR DINNER!" Mrs Kim hollered.

The boys rushed down and there came a series of stomping down the stairs as they made their way down at the mention of food. So Eun smiled in amusement and saw Daehyun following behind her quietly. She raised her brows at him. "Aren't you going to rush down like them?" she pointed.

Daehyun rolled his eyes. "Cavemen."

So Eun grinned, nodding in agreement. She looked at his pose where he walked with both his hands behind his back and slightly slouching. "And who do you think you are? A noble man from the past?" she teased.

*I am a nobleman from the past.* Daehyun thought to himself.

The gang reached the dining room and saw that Mrs Kim had prepared a table full of scrumptious dishes. "I called all your mothers to say that you boys are eating here." Mrs Kim told the BAP boys. "Bring home some dessert later."

"There won't be any left." So Eun muttered grimly.

Daehyun bit his lip to contain the smile at her adorable disappointed expression. He took his seat beside her and let his eyes glaze over the numerous dishes on the table. His stomach gave an involuntary growl and he instantly felt hungry.

It was a feast worthy of the King, really. Compared to his everyday instant noodle marathon, this was heaven.

"Dig in, don't be shy." Mr Kim gestured, picking up his own chopsticks. Once the adults had taken their first bite, the BAP boys gobbled theirs up without hesitation, showing how at ease they were with the family.

Mrs Kim scooped more meat and vegetables onto Daehyun's bowl and smiled warmly. "Eat more, Daehyun. Don't be shy. You're now a part of our family. We'll be your parents if you want us to."

Daehyun nodded gratefully and gobbled down the food. My word, it tasted great.

Zelo looked from Daehyun to So Eun with his mouth full, chewing thoughtfully. "Shooo dish mees euuu ooh ahh swibbish?"

"What gibberish are you talking about?" Yongguk raised his brows, not understanding a word.

Zelo swallowed everything in his mouth and took a large gulp of soup. "I said, so this means you two are siblings?" he repeated, looking at Daehyun and So Eun. "Because noona is ahjumma and ahjusshi's daughter, so if Daehyun hyung is also their son, this makes them siblings." he pointed out.

"Ayeee what siblings." Youngjae grinned slyly, looking between them two. "He's the son-in-law."

Daehyun, who had been drinking the scalding hot soup at that time, choked at what Youngjae said and spluttered at the heat. "Hot!" he croaked, fanning himself. So Eun ran to the kitchen to get him a cup of cold water and patted his back. "Careful."

Daehyun grew red, remembering the exact moment a thousand years ago when he met So Eun officially. He choked on his tea then as well.

So Eun's lips curled up in amusement as she settled back in her seat, looking at him. She didn't know why this scene of him choking was so familiar, the same emotions of amusement and affection that gushed through her seemed like a deja vu.

But she never saw Daehyun choke before, did she?

"Hahahaha he's obviously frightened at the very prospect of being romantically related to you, So Eun."  Yongguk guffawed.

So Eun pouted and huffed. "What's so bad about being romantically related to me?" she protested. "I'm attractive okay? Just because your blind eyes can't tell doesn't mean anything else."

*Agree.* Daehyun swallowed his water. *You're attractive. VERY attractive.* he thought.

Youngjae was smiling slyly at the side, watching Daehyun's reaction. Hmmm very suspicious indeed.

"You're attractive." Jongup blurted, voicing out Daehyun's inner thoughts. "So Eun is very attractive." he defended, his cheeks pinking.

So Eun didn't think anything of it since Jongup had always been the nice guy since they were young. "See? Jongup knows how to appreciate me." she grinned. She picked a drumstick and put it in Jongup's bowl. "Here you go nice guy."

She picked the other drumstick before Yongguk could get it and put it in Daehyun's bowl. "And you too, ice man."

Yongguk frowned. "Yah I wanted that."

"Precisely." So Eun grinned, stucking out her tongue.

Youngjae ignored Zelo at his side who kept gobbling more and more food like the growing kid he was and didn't even notice how the maknae stole his fish fillet from under his nose.

He looked from Daehyun to Jongup and Jongup to Daehyun, noting the pink tints on Jongup's cheeks and Daehyun's unsettled glances at So Eun.

*Interesting.* Youngjae clicked his tongue, his eyes glimmering in interest. *It seems that clumsy best friend of mine is involved in something like a love triangle without knowing. Interesting.*

 

 

 

The BAP boys had eaten and left, and sure enough there wasn't enough dessert left for the boys to bring back home and they polished every single crumble. Daehyun helped out with the washing of the plates and Mrs Kim took a liking to him immediately, liking this quiet but refined guy.

So Eun had helped Daehyun with the plates and even she was surprised with how much chemistry they had when they worked together. She knew better than to talk to him and ask him incessant questions hence they just proceeded without a word.

However she seemed to understand what he was doing and he understood her without saying much. He washed the plates and she dried them, passing them one by one to her smoothly. She vaguely wondered why she felt as if they had done this before when they obviously hadn't.

Deja vu.

So Eun and Daehyun were to share a bathroom together and she already placed his blue toothbrush and towels next to her pink one. He told her to bath first and she thought it felt strange to be sharing the bathroom with someone else now even though she had done it before.

But it felt nice actually, seeing how her things were arranged together with hers as if he was in for the long term.

So Eun showered quickly, not being the type of person who took her own sweet time when someone else was waiting. She thought about Daehyun and the conversation during dinner.

So was Daehyun considered her brother now?

So Eun frowned at the thought as she turned off the shower and got out to reach for her towel. No, it sounded wrong even though she didn't know why.

She could safely describe the BAP boys as her brothers and they were as close to her as that. But Daehyun as her brother? NO.

"He's not." So Eun murmured to herself as she dried herself, reaching for her clothes. "It's not that he isn't close enough to be a brother, but the prospect that he's a brother is just wrong." she frowned.

"Why?" she scratched her head, messing up her wet hair even more.

She felt this attachment towards Daehyun even though they met just a few weeks before and she really wanted to know him better. She wanted to know that Jung Daehyun under the facade he painted for himself and she wanted to get him to open up to her.

But this whole relationship between them, to conclude it as a sibling relationship just felt odd and wrong. They could never be siblings.

She just didn't know what they could be.

So Eun decided not to rack her head for an answer and she finished wearing her clothes, getting out of the bathroom. "Daehyun! Your turn."

Daehyun got out of his room, almost dozing off while waiting. He stumbled a little when he saw So Eun smiling at him outside the bathroom, wearing a white T-shirt and orange shorts.

SHORTS.

Damn shorts.

Daehyun tore his eyes away from her long slender legs and blood rushed to his face. He took off the black hoodie he was wearing and threw it at her. "Wear that." he muttered, pushing past her to get into the bathroom and slamming the door shut.

So Eun took his hoodie in confusion and blinked. "Huh?"

Daehyun leaned against the door and let out a long breath, fanning his cheeks. Since the time in the Silla period where he never saw anything more than So Eun's bare hands and face even when they were engaged, till now when she was wearing comfortable shorts at home.....wow times really changed.

"It's such a wonderful generation." Daehyun muttered under his breath, his face still red. "Great, now she's going to wear like this at home and I'll see her everyday. Great, just great."