TWENTYTWO

Irresistibly Wicked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

huge thanks to HYDE GRAPHICS SHOP for this banner!!!

 

Luhan's stupefied eyes graze to mine. His mouth trembles, as if seeking for words to say, yet all that that comes out is a dumbfounded choke.

"What?"

He is painfully confused, and I step towards him, desperate and hopeful that he wouldn't push me away. "I'm so, so sorry… I… I never thought that things will go this way… It wasn’t my intention to fool anyone, especially you." A deep sigh slips off my mouth, choked by the thorns of guilt. "Please believe me, I never wished for any if this to go on, it just so happened that I have to do this for my sister and I stumbled on you—you became special to me… and I.. I just can’t lie no more."

He takes a sharp breath, and the moment is followed by a killing silence that prevents him to any responsive action. At one point, his eyes are blistering, but as if realization takes him consequently, he slackens immediately the moment it came. His voice cracks when he finally pulls the urge to speak.

"So it has been you? The one that's been befriending me?"

I nod shamefully.

His jaws then lock. "This... This is stupid.."

Luhan scoffs; partly cackling, and partly adverse. His angelic face is filled with uncountable emotions as he explores his horrified eyes onto my face. I’m looking for anger, but it isn’t there. Instead a magma of perplexity is left awaiting there while he constrains all of it to erupt.

"I'm sorry.."

Luhan shakes his head disbelievingly before passing by me with fast strides. Just when I find the leap to make him stop, he's gone bolting out the door.

"Luhan!" I yelp frantically, yet he feigns to hear. He continues to walk away, and it squeezes my heart to a painful regret. "Please Luhan let me—"

He halts for a moment, gripping his bagpack a little too shakily before sparing me a look. "Don’t follow me.." He says under his breath.

His eyes flicker as if he’s begging for redemption, and it compels me to let go. I want him to stop flying further, to hear me out, because it hurts, because I don’t want to lose my angel, because it fears me that what we had, will never come back.

Perhaps I’m wrong for thinking that Luhan will understand. I fooled him. I don’t deserve any ounce of affection he has for me. I'm unforgivably hateful. I should be loathed.

I thought that if I told him the truth, it will mitigate the complications of the situation, but instead, it has gotten worst, much, much worst.

Just when my phone rings so loudly that I finally lose track of Luhan's form. Jongin's name comes flashing on the screen and I vacillate over what to do. The noise brings hysteria and I'm compelled to answer.

Before I can even speak, Jongin starts through the line. "Hey babe, Key told me that you're giving me something?"

"Uhh.. What?" I answer, out of my mind.

"I ran onto Key just a minute ago and he told me that you have something to give me."

"Oh," I slur, just remembering. "It's the photo."

"What photo?"

"You a-and me.."

"Oh that.." He chuckles a little. "Is it cute?"

"It's.. It's f-fine, I-I mean it's… yeah, it's cute.."

"Hey are you okay?" He suddenly asks, making me snap from my inflicted distraction.

"Huh? Uh-yeah I'm okay."

"I don’t think so. Where are you right now?"

I bite my lip apprehensively. My face is burning for unknown reason. "I'm okay, really… I'll just.. well, maybe I'll just give you the photo later? Do you want to have it now?"

"I don’t care about the photo, I want to see you."

My heart jumps and drops from his endearing voice that it takes me awhile to answer back. "W-Why?"

"Do I need further reasons? I just want to see you now. Don't you want to see me too?"

"No it's not tha—"

"You don’t seem to -"

"No! No! I… I want to see you!"

"Uhuh?" He questions skeptically.

"I want to see you Jongin." I repeat, my face growing hot.

Jongin chuckles over, "I'm going there, so where are you exactly?"

I look around, "Well I'm here at—"

But all of a sudden, my phone is pulled off my grasp and I quickly whip around, only to be stunned by Oh Sehun's icy face. He stares down to my phone before pressing a certain key which I instantly confirmed to be the "end" one.

"Hey—"

"So you’re seeing someone?" He snorts arrogantly.

My eyebrows knit together as I return his gaze. "Can you give my phone back?" I groan heavily.

By the next second, my phone rings again. Sehun simply stares at the caller's name just as his face turns to a shade darker, eventually pressing reject. My mouth hangs in horror, somewhat panicked and utterly astounded.

Sehun clutches my wrist, "You're coming with me.."

"Where are we going??" I ask while reluctantly pulling my hand free.

"Somewhere."

"Can we go a little later? I'm about to meet Jongi—"

"No. you are not going to meet him." He says firmly, almost stone-like and commanding.

I shove back from his grasp, totally confused. Sehun fumes suppressfully, turning to face me with annoyance on his face.

"Coming with me, or I'll tell him the truth?"

My eyes dilate in terror. Sehun leans over, very much satisfied with the fear he slaps onto my face. A wicked smirk tugs his lips, pressing the blackmail inside my thoughts. I can tell he's very much entertained of the cruel game he's playing on me, and quite rationally, he has a big control of me whenever he wants to just because he knows I can’t refuse. Surely, he can use this advantage for his own benefit which is obtusely out of sense.

"Now choose: Kai... or me?"

I bite my lip downheartedly.

"So.. Jaemi-ssi?"

"You." I croak.

"I didn’t hear that.."

Heaving a lungful of air, I sternly raise my voice louder. "You Sehun, I’m choosing you."

 

 

*

 

 

It’s a long ride, towards this somewhere that we ought to. Sehun's been driving almost an hour now, and the places we're passing indicate that we've gone far from the city. He’s been silent and his eyes are on a distant space, almost unreachable from the way his expression shifts into something deep and hooded. I wonder what his problem is; it seems to trouble him so much.

Although I should be mad at him for bringing me into this unknown journey, and blackmailing me for a reason God-knows-what, I couldn’t help but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter