Inner Thoughts - Luna & UKwon (Part 2)

Collecting the Sunshine

AU Chapter

It was a cold winter day where the red and orange colour filled the sky gently fading towards the ground.  Snow filled the streets and all the greenspace within the city, the wind blew strongly smoothing out all the rough edges it made contact with.  A loud "click" went off on a camera phone, the moment was captured by a girl bundled up in a thick down jacket, wrapped warmly in a scarf and ear muffs. A silence "swoosh" was heard and the picture was sent through SNS.

In a city 14 hours away, a phone vibrated breaking the silence in a dark bedroom as it rubbed against the bedside table.  A hand appeared from underneath the covers and fingertips gently tapping the table was heard as a male was trying to find his cell phone.  He groans as his warm hand made contact with a cold metal case.  The phone disappeared under the covers for a few seconds, a bright glow was seen underneath the blankets.  A black haired haired male appeared between the covers.  He ran his fingers thought his hair as he sat up leaning his back against the headboard reading his message. 

He looked at the picture and smiles at the phone.  People have said that art is a reflection of the artist's emotion so it was no surprise that the picture reminded him of her.  The warm colours of the sunset reminds him of everything he misses about her, her warm eyes, her kind heart, her bright smile and of course her distinctive laugh.  But the smooth and glass-like texture of the snow reminded him of the forced smile and longing stare she gave him when they said goodbye for the last time.  He leaned over his bed and opened the window, watching the sunday sun flood his room.  Even the warm sun was not able to warm his lonely heart.  

It wasn't until she was gone when he noticed how unique she is.  Individuals at their age are either adults who endure non-sense or they have a a high sense of immaturity.  She is a mixture of both, her childlike appearance would often mislead as immature so individuals often would not feel threatened by her appearance.  With increasing encounters, people would often find out that her mind and looks are on different paths.  She has a carefree spirit to bring joy to those around her but she does not act recklessly.  They say that you never know what you are missing until it is gone.  He never thought how strange life would be without her quirky demeanor.  He misses looking forward to Friday where he can see her face and hear her voice.

He doesn't want to admit it but he misses her, he didn't think he can miss someone he knew for such a short time.  Missing someone marks the fact that you care about that person.  He did not think he cared that much about her, they were just friends who had a few moments that was not very platonic. He grew accustom to her and enjoyed her presence but he knew their time was limited so it is better to stay as friends.  The heart and the mind do not always agree, he would consciously distance himself from her but in his heart he only paid attention to her even more.  Every time he accidently let his guard down whether it was the heat of the moment or he was not exactly sober he found himself being flirty with her.  It obviously never helped when she does not make the effort to reject his advances.  The game kept going and he knew it would only hurt her but sometimes it is hard to control for a result you do not completely agree with.

The first few weekends was the hardest, it is always strange to fall out of a routine especially one that you look forward to and is the motivation to continue through the week.  It also didn't help that the two of them would still talk on a daily basis yet they can not meet up for lunch or a simple drink.  He wished that she could have stayed so they can get to know each other better.  Maybe their relationship would really end up being platonic or maybe not but we will never know.  That is the worse kind of feeling, having unfinished business.

Even if he tried really hard to forget about her, this was still the city they met and where their memories started.  Every where he goes there is a hint of her presence, the worse part was the subway station they departed their ways is the same station he gets on to go to work everyday.  Occasionally he would hear her voice when they decide to videochat and everything he tried to push aside resurfaces.  Maybe that is the price for falling in love with someone your mind is convincing you to reject.

He looked at the picture and finally decided to stop the pain for the both of them.  For the first time since they met he decided to not respond to her message at all.  No smileys, not one word answers, just silence.  He knows it is selfish on his part to stop their friendship like that but it is really eating him alive.  Missing a person is never easy, it takes alot of energy to be happy when all you want to do is be with the person you miss.  It also takes alot of energy to supress the memory of someone but as time goes on, it will get easier.  That is what he decided to do, he just hopes that it will have the same effect on her.  He made a new rule, he would only talk to her if she messages first or when he really misses her.  Either way the conversation can not last long, their friendship can not deepen more then it already has.  This is the only way for him to be happy and start his life without her.

Time passed and the both of them had their own lives to attend to.  Even without UKwon consiously trying to supress his memories of Luna, their talks started to decrease in time.  They would go on for weeks without talking to each other and when they finally get the chance to talk the conversation ends rather quickly.  UKwon's plan to keep their conversations short and sweet demotivated Luna to keep talking, it is hard to carry a conversation with someone who seems unwilling to keep it going.  At the beginning it was frustrating for Luna to see UKwon like this but as she started to reconnect with existing male friends she decided that is he does not want to be friends it is okay.  She will just hold on to their memories and be content, they always say that people change but memories are forever.

No matter how hard the both of them try to forget about each other, a deep sigh always takes over their system when they see a picture of each other on their phones or when each other's names appears on SNS.  The timing was just not right, if it was meant to be they will meet again and hopefully it will work out.  If not then there is something even better out there for them.


A/N: I know this chapter is kinda of angsty but the next chapter will have a lighter note.

Did you see Jumping Girl? The ship is UKwon and Luna oh my gosh I can not believe that this crackship turned out so well.  I was basing them on physical appearance like height and what not but they look GOOD together. OH MY GOSH