Her past

My Girlfriend is a Ghost

Jonghyun listened intently while Seo Eun began describing her past.

"I grew up in the rural areas from young." Seo Eun began. "My parents and I lived in a tiny house with only one room and we barely had enough money to feed ourselves. But at that time, we felt that life was really happy.

Then one day, there was some bad news on Halmeoni. She lived in another village alone and she suffered from senile dementia. Her neighbours recognised the signs when she forgot to feed herself for two days in a row and fainted from the hunger. When they asked her why didn't she eat, she said she just ate 5 minutes ago."

Jonghyun stoked Seo Eun's hair, feeling sympathy for her grandmother and the one he loved.

"So Appa decided to let Omma bring Halmeoni and me to Seoul to seek treatment for Halmeoni." Seo Eun continued, memories flooding her. "I would stay at home looking after Halmeoni, and Omma would try to find some odd jobs here and there to pay for out expenses. Appa would stay at the farm to continue rearing our animals.

One day, Appa sent one hundred thousand won (approx $100) as he had successfully sold our pigs. So Omma brought me and halmeoni out to explore the city." Seo Eun reminisced eyes shining.

Jonghyun felt guilt wash over him as he thought how little a hundred thousand won was to him. He could buy a leather jacket for millions of wons at a go without even thinking twice and Seo Eun and her family went out to celebrate just because of hundred thousand won.

"That day, we went to Namsan tower and the sauna." Seo Eun recalled. "It was really fun and new!

Then when we were strolling down the streets back to our rented room, we saw an old man on the street trying to earn a living from singing and playing the traditional instrument erhu at the same time. The man had obviously sung for long hours and his voice was husky and tired. His fingers were swollen from playing the instrument for such a long time.

I felt sorry for the man, so I went up and sang while he played the erhu. Apparently my singing wasn't that bad-"

Jonghyun smiled at the memory of them singing together at the amusement park at the night of the blood moon. *What not bad? Your voice was fantastic! Everyone knows that except you..*

"- and Lee Soon Man sshi asked me if I wanted to be a star under the SM Entertainment label." Seo Eun continued. "I liked singing and dancing, and it was also a chance to make more money to cure Halmeoni's sickness so I signed the contract the very next day.

Lee Soon Man sshi managed to sell your old house at a high price and he brought Appa over to Seoul as well and our family was able to reunite. Lee Soon Man helped us rent an amazing house and came over regularly to visit Halmeoni. We all thought he was a great man. But I was so wrong."

Jonghyun frowned as he watched sadness and fear take over Seo Eun's eyes.

"One day, the day before I was to go to the company officially as a new trainee, he asked my parents to go to a restaurant with Halmeoni, saying that he had extra vouchers. My parents refused, but he convinced them by saying he wanted to speak to me alone before my official appearance in SM. So they agreed.

When all of them left and I was alone at home, Lee Soon Man sshi came." Seo Eun choked.

 

FLASHBACK

Ji Eun (Seo Eun) went to the door and greeted respectfully, "Lee Soon Man sshi."

Lee Soon Man went into the house and sat on the sofa comfortable, gesturing for Ji Eun to sit beside him. "You should call me Soon Man."

Ji Eun was shocked. "But.. You're the director of SM so you're my boss and you're older than me.."

Lee Soon Man went nearer to Ji Eun and wrapped his hands over her shoulders. "Don't tell me you didn't notice that I didn't treat you like how I treat my other trainees." he laughed sinisterly.

"I don't rent rooms for my trainees. I don't give a damn for my trainee's family. None of my trainees were able to prepare for debut in such a short time, though I have to say, you do have the talent.

Guess what I thought when I rented this apartment for you."

Ji eun shook her head in fear.

"I thought, that bed is going to be so great to have with Ji Eun in." he laughed.

Ji Eun's eyes widened in shock and she tried to pull out of Lee Soon Man's grasp.

"I want you Park Ji Eun and you are going to have to repay me for all the things I've done for you." Lee Soon Man grinned and sneaked a hand under Ji Eun's shirt, crawling upwards towards her chest.

Ji Eun panicked and she kicked Lee Soon Man in his balls. Hard.

"!" he cursed, holding his groin.

Ji Eun ran out of the house hurriedly, and saw that Lee Soon Man was already hot on her heels. When she turned around, she found a car speeding towards her in high speed.

BAM!

The whole world became black.

 

PRESENT

Tears rolled down Seo Eun's cheek as she described that ordeal. "That's why I was so afraid of Lee Soon Man that time I saw him."

Jonghyun hugged Seo Eun tighted and wiped her tears away gently.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I didn't know you then. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you. I'm sorry I'm sorry." Jonghyun chanted over and over again.

"Its not your fault Oppa." Seo Eun cried.

"I may not have been able to protect you then, but I promise to protect you in the future." Jonghyun breathed into her hair, trying to love her whole being. "I won't let you cry but only smile from now onwards."

"I believe you oppa." Seo Eun smiled.

----------------------------

Now you know!!! HAHAHA!

I'm sorry I made Lee Soon Man such an evil person. (Any of his fans out there?)