Last Day On Earth: The Park

My Girlfriend is a Ghost

Seo Eun and Jonghyun went to every ride in the amusement park. By then, it was already noon.

"Seo Eun ah, what do you want to do now?" Jonghyun asked.

"Let's have a picnic at the park when we first met." Seo Eun suggested.

"No problem." Jonghyun smiled sweetly.

"Err Seo Eun, I wanna go to the toilet for a while." Jonghyun lied.

"I'll just wait here then." Seo Eun smiled and watched as Jonghyun went off.

*How long more do I have to love this back of yours?*

Jonghyun ran to the toilet and called Seunggi again.

"Seunggi Hyung!!" he called anxiously.

"You know Jonghyun, you were my favorite dongsaeng. But now, when I see you calling I really feel like smashing my phone! You know I already have more than 30 complaints on closing the amusement park suddenly?" Seunggi ratted on.

"Hyung.." Jonghyun interrupted.

Even though Seunggi was frustrated, he could hear the urgency and desperation in Jonghyun's voice. He immediately stopped talking for he knew something was wrong.

"Hyung, I'm really sorry. But I have another favor. I know all these will cause a lot of troubles later but it all doesnt matter to me. As long as today is perfect, no matter how serious the consequence, I'll bear it without regrets." Jonghyun said seriously.

Seunggi was taken aback by how determined Jonghyun sounded.

"Alright dongsaeng. I know I'll regret it but since I'm such a good Hyung, I shall help you once again." Seunggi sighed.

Jonghyun smiled happily.

-----------------------------

Jonghyun and Seo Eun walked towards the shelter where Jonghyun had spent one night there and met Seo Eun.

"Hey Seo Eun, close your eyes." he said cheekily.

"Huh? Why Oppa?" Seo Eun asked, blushing at how unconsciously she called him Oppa.

"Just close them. Listen to your boyfriend!" Jonghyun whined.

Seo Eun complied and closed her eyes.

"alright, now follow my directions!" Jonghyun ordered. "Okay, now go left!"

Jonghyun verbally led Seo Eun to the shelter.

"You can open your eyes now." Jonghyun smiled.

Seo Eun opened her eyes to find herself immersed in a whole full of balloons and flowers.

Pink and white balloons were decorated all around the shelter and there were rose petals strewn all over the floor. There was a small table in the middle and candles were lit.

"Do you like it?" Jonghyun asked anxiously after Seo Eun kept quiet for sometime.

"Like it?" Seo Eun asked ridiculously, with tears creeping out of her eyes. "I LOVE IT! I can't believe you managed to prepare all these! I didn't even know!"

Jonghyun smiled satisfactorily. "I'm glad you like it!" he said, clapping his hands.

"You shouldn't have done all these Jonghyun Oppa.." Seo Eun cried.

"Hey. Don't cry." Jonghyun said. "don't cry because I did all these cause I love you."

"I love you too." Seo Eun smiled and sniffed. "But I can't help wishing that you didnt fall in love with me. If you didn't, you could have a normal relationship with your girlfriend. You can go on dates without holding umbrellas everywhere you go. You can go on roller coasters without having to build roofs. You can have a family with her." Seo Eun cried harder.

"Babo." Jonghyun whispered, tears leaking out of his eyes too. "It doesn't matter if I have to hold an umbrella everywhere I go. It doesn't matter that I have to build roofs on roller coasters. It doesn't matter if I can't have babies next time. All that because I love you."

"The fact is that I've already fallen in love with you, and there's nothing you can do but let me love you." Jonghyun grinned.

"I'm sorry Oppa." Seo Eun sobbed, completely touched by what Jonghyun had said.

"Don't be. I chose to fall in love with you and I don't regret it." Jonghyun whispered. "If you're really sorry then promise me one thing."

Seo Eun looked at him curiously.

"Wait for me at heaven's gates." Jonghyun pleaded, looking into Seo Eun's eyes. "Wait for me, and I promise, we'll meet each other in our next lives."

Seo Eun nodded tearfully and clutched at her heart.

*Even if I didn't have a beating heart, Jonghyun was able to make my non beating feel like it's beating.

He is able to make me feel alive.

He is able to make me feel again.

I love you Kim Jonghyun.*