Shared secret

Babysitting with the Stars

“Cut it out.” Sunggyu frowned and placed a hand on either side of Minjung’s shoulders and pushed her away slightly. “I already told you it’s not any of my business—.”

“W-What is this?!” Woohyun exploded, informing the other two of his presence.

“W-Woohyun!” Sunggyu gasped slightly. “Wait no, this isn’t—!”

“We can explain!” Minjung exclaimed. “Woohyun-ah I—!”

Woohyun immediately marched up to them, and grabbed onto Sunggyu’s wrist and pulled him close to him possessively.

“W-What is this hyung?” Woohyun’s lips were trembling and his eyes were watering as he met Sunggyu’s gaze. “E-Explain this!”

“Its not what it looks like.” Sunggyu assured him, placing a gentle hand on Woohyun’s cheek. “I just came in here to get my jacket, and then I saw her,” He pointed at Minjung. “Making out with one of the female hairstylists!”

“What?!” Woohyun blinked.

Minjung’s eyes went wide. “W-Wait! No that’s not—!”

“Yeah, and she didn’t want me to think she was a lesbian so she tried to kiss me to prove she’s straight!” Sunggyu finished his explanation.

“N-No!” Minjung spluttered. “I-It’s not true—!”

“Really?” Woohyun eyed him skeptically, ignoring Minjung’s cries of desperation. “Is that really true hyung?”

“You don’t believe me?” Sunggyu pouted. “Yah, I wouldn’t lie to you.”

“I know…” Woohyun looked up at him. “Ok, I believe you.”

Minjung paused, when she realized Woohyun barely noticed her presence, and was staring so intently at Sunggyu as if Sunggyu was the one who he thought had betrayed him.

“Wait…” She piped up. “Are you two….?”

“Hm?” Woohyun and Sunggyu turned to her.

“Dating?”

“What?!” Woohyun’s jaw dropped. “N-No we’re not—!”

“Yes.” Sunggyu interrupted. “We are.”

“Hyung!” Woohyun stared at Sunggyu wide eyed. “What’re you—?”

“We’re also like you…” Sunggyu said to Minjung, as he took Woohyun’s hand in his.

Minjung looked from Sunggyu to Woohyun. “Wow…” She breathed and had to sit down. “S-So…” She looked up at them. “It’s ok to be like this? It doesn’t mean that…we’re sick or something?”

Sunggyu glanced at the clock at the wall. “It’s getting late. Let’s talk about this at home.”

“Oh…ok.” Minjung nodded, warily, and floated out of the dressing room in a confused daze.

“C’mon,” Sunggyu put a hand on Woohyun’s shoulder. “Let’s go.”

“Wait.” Woohyun grabbed onto Sunggyu’s arm and leaned closer. “You didn’t…kiss her right?”

Sunggyu cupped Woohyun’s chin, pulled him in and planted a soft kiss on his lips. “Dummy…you’re the only one that I kissed today.”

Woohyun nodded, feeling slightly relieved at that and followed Sunggyu out.

++

After they got home, Sunggyu and Woohyun went about giving Hyun Su his bath, while Minjung sat in the living room, staring at the television with a vacant stare.

“Appa~” Hyun Su began, as Sunggyu rubbed a towel through the youngster’s hair.

“Hm?”

“When’s that lady leaving?”

“What lady?” Sunggyu grinned. “You mean Minjung?”

“She’s not staying here forever is she?” Hyun Su pouted.

“She’s not that bad Hyun Su.” Sunggyu sighed. “You shouldn’t hate her.” He glanced at Woohyun who was buttoning up Hyun Su’s PJ shirt for him. “Yah, why aren’t you saying anything?” Sunggyu nudged him.

“Hm?” Woohyun looked up. “About what?”

“Tell Hyun Su that Minjung’s not that bad.”

“Don’t want to.” Woohyun stated with a pout before focusing his attention back on Hyun Su’s buttons. But then he felt Sunggyu’s stern eyes on him and sighed. “Fine, she’s not that bad Hyun Su. You shouldn’t hate her.”

++

The moment Sunggyu stepped out of Hyun Su’s bedroom, after putting the child to sleep, Woohyun grabbed his wrist and pulled him back into the bathroom.

“What’re you doing?” Sunggyu asked. “We should go talk to Minjung about—.”

“Who cares about her.” Sunggyu could feel Woohyun’s breath on his lips, before Woohyun’s mouth crashed against his.

“Y-Yah!” Sunggyu shoved him away. “What’re you doing at a time like this? I already told you she didn’t kiss me.”

“B-But still…” Woohyun whined, gripping onto Sunggyu’s wrists.

“C’mon, Minjung’s waiting in the living room.” Sunggyu sighed, and tugged on Woohyun’s hand. “I guess we have to talk with her in the bedroom since there aren’t any cameras there.” Woohyun made a sound of protest, but followed Sunggyu anyways.

After Sunggyu had called Minjung in, they all sat on the bed for an awkward moment, not saying anything.

“Uh…” Sunggyu began, rubbing the back of his neck, “You…like girls huh?”

Minjung blushed and looked down. “I-I just…”

“Why did you pretend to like Woohyun then?” Sunggyu asked.

“Because…” Minjung frowned. “It’s not like I can tell my father about this…or anyone for that matter. My career will be over before it even starts.”

Woohyun and Sunggyu exchanged a knowing look.

“But then how are you two…?” Minjung looked from Sunggyu to Woohyun. “How are you managing? Are you keeping it a secret?”

“Well, it’s not like we really have a choice.” Woohyun sighed. “I have some good friends who know, but really they’re the only ones…”

“And the director.” Sunggyu added.

“Oh right, him too.” Woohyun grinned.

“The director knows?” Minjung blinked.

“Yeah, he figured that out on his own though…”

“But…that means you have to keep our secret as well.” Woohyun told her.

“Of course!” Minjung nodded fervently. “As long as you keep my secret.”

“We will.” Woohyun smiled.

“Ah, but you know I was thinking…that I should tell my dad.” Minjung spoke up. “I mean what do you guys think about that?”

“Uh…” Sunggyu pursed his lips. He didn’t even consider the possibility of telling his own parents about him and Woohyun. They didn’t really approve of his dreams to be a singer, so he figured it would it just be another thing that he did that would disappoint them.

“I…never really thought about it.” Woohyun murmured, as Sunggyu glanced at him. “I don’t know what my parents would think…I mean I don’t think they’d be happy, but…” He took Sunggyu’s hand in his. “One day eventually, I’d want to tell them.” Sunggyu sent him a small smile in return. “Ah, but we don’t really know what your father’s like, so…”

“He’s a nice man, but…” Mingjung frowned. “I’m scared he’ll be angry with me…or that he’ll hate me. Those are the worst things for me, I think. I just don’t want to let him down, you know?”

“But if you feel like you want to tell him, I think you should.” Woohyun assured her. “He seems to love you a lot, so maybe he’ll come around to the idea of it. People can surprise you.”

“Thanks.” Minjung smiled. “This is really nice. To finally have someone to talk to about these things…you guys are like those gay best friends in those American romantic comedy movies! Ah maybe we can go shopping sometime and—.”

“We’re not like that.” Sunggyu shot her a dry look.

“Oh…ok.” Minjung grinned, and then thought of something. “Wait, so that time after dinner at the studio, when the two of you disappeared for a while…what was that about?”

Sunggyu immediately started coughing, while Woohyun began laughing a little too loudly.

Minjung rolled her eyes. “Seriously, how have the two of you managed to keep this a secret? You’re way too obvious.”

“W-We are?” Woohyun pouted.

“Well maybe giving each other s in the storage closet isn’t helping with the whole keeping it a secret deal hm?” Minjung sighed.

“H-How did you know?!” Woohyun gasped.

“Wait, that’s seriously what you were doing?” Minjung burst out laughing. “I was just joking, but you two actually…! Oh man that’s too funny!”

Sunggyu blushed and covered his face while Woohyun just stared at her, mouth agape, all kinds of speechless.

“Ah, but now that I know about it…it makes me wonder how I didn’t notice it sooner.” Minjung pointed out.

“Ok…we get it…” Sunggyu groaned. “C-Can we be done with this conversation—?”

“So what did you do all this time?” Minjung asked, still finding the whole thing entertaining. “Since I was using the bedroom…ah I guess that’s why you had to go in some random storage closet to—.”

“N-No we didn’t!” Woohyun interrupted in a flustered manner.

“Aigoo…but I guess it wasn’t too different, since it’s obvious you haven’t had yet—.”

“Seriously how the hell does everyone know that?!” Woohyun whined, before collapsing face first into a pillow.

“It’s because of the way you guys act like one of those couples from the olden days that wait for their wedding night to have for the first time.”” Mingjung grinned. “You’re total s.”

“I’m not a !” Woohyun huffed. “Do you know how many girls I’ve slept with? It’s a very long list—!”

“And how many guys?”

“...Huh?”

“How many guys have you slept with?” Minjung questioned.

“Uh…none” Woohyun blinked.

“So then you’re a when it comes to guys.” Minjung concluded.

“T-That’s stupid!” Woohyun exclaimed. “What difference does it make?”

“Then why haven’t you done it yet?”

“T-That’s none of your business!” Woohyun snapped.

“Hm…” Minjung nodded, glancing at Sunggyu, who was quietly averting his gaze. “Oh I get it…”

“Get what?” Woohyun frowned, not enjoying the way Minjung was analyzing the ual nature of his and Sunggyu’s relationship….or lack thereof.

“The man who’s slept with a ton of girls is scared to get deflowered by his precious hyung.”

“W-What?” Woohyun blushed and hastily stood up. “T-That’s just…w-whatever this whole conversation is dumb! I’m going to bed!” He awkwardly stumbled out of the room.

Minjung smirked as she turned to Sunggyu. “I’m right, aren’t I?”

Sunggyu merely sighed, “I don’t want to talk about it…”