Getting a new job

Babysitting with the Stars

“What is it? Just spill it already.” Sunggyu sighed as he put his glass down. The three of them were sitting at the dining table, eating dinner one evening.

From when Sunggyu had got home up until that moment, Woohyun had this dopey, excited smile plastered on his face.

“Hm?” Woohyun looked up from his food with a bright smile. “What do you mean?”

“Gross ahjussi is being weird.” Hyun Su commented.

“See?” Sunggyu snorted. “Even Hyun Su noticed.”

“Ok…well.” Woohyun grinned slightly. “I don’t want to jinx anything but…I have an audition lined up for tomorrow.”

“Really?” Sunggyu smiled. “That’s great Woohyun.”

“Yeah…it’s just a supporting role in a cable drama though.”

“So? That’s still awesome.”

“Ahjussi’s gonna’ be on TV?” Hyun Su asked.

Woohyun chuckled bashfully. “Ah…well maybe.”

“You’re gonna do great.” Sunggyu squeezed Woohyun’s hand under the table.

“Thanks...” Woohyun nodded, though Sunggyu could tell he was still clearly nervous.

++

The next morning, Woohyun awoke to a burning smell wafting through the air. He barely got any sleep last night, with worries over his audition plaguing his mind.

He shivered slightly and reached his arms to his side for Sunggyu, but all he ended up hugging was the air. He sat up sleepily, and rubbed his tired eyes.

“Hyung….?” He called out in a hoarse morning voice. He looked around the room, as he scratched his head, wondering where Sunggyu had gone.

He knew that the singer didn’t have an early morning schedule, so he couldn’t have been at work. Plus, whenever Sunggyu leaves early in the mornings, he always makes far too much noise, despite the fact that he tries extra hard to be quiet as to not wake Woohyun and Hyun Su.

Woohyun stuffed his feet into a pair of fuzzy socks and, after using the bathroom and brushing his teeth, shuffled towards the kitchen at a slow pace.

“Hyung…?” He called out sleepily.

“Oh, you’re already up?” Woohyun paused, at the image before his eyes—Sunggyu in the kitchen, cooking, whilst wearing an apron.

“Am I awake?” Woohyun approached the other man. “Or this just a dream?”

Sunggyu frowned. “Yah…what’s that supposed to mean?”

“You’re actually making breakfast?” Woohyun shook his head in amazement. “Wah this really can’t be a real. Someone pinch me I must be dreaming—Ow!” Woohyun let out a slight yelp, when Sunggyu complied to his wish and pinched his arm. “Hyung what was that for? I wasn’t being serious!”

“It’s not a dream stupid! I-I just wanted to make breakfast today ok?” Sunggyu stammered, and returned his attention to the pan on the stove. Woohyun grinned and wrapped his arms around Sunggyu’s waist from behind, as he peered over his shoulder.

“So what’re you making?”

“I was trying to make pancakes….but I burned the first two…”

“Ah so that’s what that smell was…”

Sunggyu frowned. “It’s not like I’m a horrible cook or anything…I just don’t usually cook things like this.”

“Ok…” Woohyun grinned, not believing him for a second.

“It’s your fault.” Sunggyu muttered. “Why do you have to like sweet things?”

“Huh?” Woohyun blinked. “How’d you know that?”

“What am I? A stranger to you?” Sunggyu elbowed Woohyun in the ribs, causing the other to back away.

“I just never knew you noticed those kinds of things…” Woohyun replied, and then smiled. “Hyung really is the best.”

“S-Shut up.” Sunggyu grunted, as he turned off the stove.

“Gyu hyung~” Woohyun inched closer with his arms spread out for a hug.

“C-Cut it out.” Sunggyu shoved an almost melted chocolate chip right in front of the younger man’s face. Woohyun paused for a moment, before grinning, and taking a step towards him. “W-What’re you doing?”

“Feed me hyung~” Woohyun had on that cute eye smile that he knew Sunggyu couldn’t resist. Sunggyu gulped as he pushed the chocolate chip into the other’s open mouth. But before he had a chance to move his hand away, Woohyun grabbed onto Sunggyu’s hand.

“What’re you—?” Sunggyu halted in his words, when Woohyun’s tongue brushed across the tips of his fingers.

“You have chocolate and batter on your fingers hyung…” Woohyun murmured, before closing his mouth around Sunggyu’s index finger, and it.

Sunggyu blushed. “W-Woohyun…s-stop it—!” Suddenly Woohyun pressed him against the counter.

“Hyung…” Woohyun whispered, his breath on Sunggyu’s lips. “I need something to help me relax for my audition…can’t you help me—?” Before he could even finish speaking, Sunggyu hands were tangled in his hair, his mouth impatiently attacking Woohyun’s.

“W-Wait…” Woohyun backed away slightly for some air. “Hyung I think—.”

“Shut up.” Sunggyu interrupted and shoved Woohyun against the fridge in an unusually forceful manner. He cupped the younger man’s face with his hands, as his tongue eagerly pushed Woohyun’s mouth open to gain entrance.

Woohyun was definitely enjoying this aggressive side of Sunggyu, if the increasing heat in his pants were a signifying factor.

Sunggyu moved one hand around Woohyun’s waist, as Woohyun wrapped his arms around Sunggyu’s neck, pulling them even closer together, as their lips collided once again. Sunggyu pressed him harder against the fridge, as his hands pulled Woohyun’s thighs up to wrap around his torso.

“This is hot…” Woohyun panted. Sunggyu smirked as his hands slid down to cup Woohyun’s , while he teasingly Woohyun’s lips.

“Let’s do it.” Sunggyu breathed, in Woohyun’s ear. “Right now.”

“W-What?” Woohyun blushed. “N-No we can’t…”

“I need you so bad.” Sunggyu purred, as he sent kisses down Woohyun’s neck.

“I-I have to go take a shower and get ready for the audition.” Woohyun unlatched his legs from Sunggyu, and put a hand on the elder’s chest so he could back up a bit. “Plus Hyun Su will be up any minute now.”

“Fine…” Sunggyu’s pout instantly turned to a grin, when he spotted the younger man’s obvious . Woohyun coughed lightly and immediately turned away to conceal it.

“Need to take a shower huh?” Sunggyu smirked.

Woohyun’s face only got redder, as he turned and stumbled off in the direction of the bathroom. But then he paused, and turned back around.

“What…?” Sunggyu grinned. “You want more—?” Suddenly Woohyun grabbed his wrist and started dragging him out of the kitchen. “Yah, why are you—?” He stopped talking, when Woohyun pulled him into the bedroom, and shut the door. Sunggyu stood there confused for a moment, before Woohyun pressed him against the wall.

“I-Its not fair hyung…”

“W-What is—?”

Woohyun leaned in. “You should finish what you started hyung.”

“I-I don’t give s.” Sunggyu stammered.

Woohyun blushed slightly, as he looked into the other man’s eyes. “T-That’s not what I meant…”

“But your audition…”

“Oh darn,” Woohyun pouted. “I forgot.”

“What?!” Sunggyu shoved him away. “Yah, you dummy, how could you forget?”

“Its hyung’s fault!” Woohyun exclaimed. “Y-You were being all cute wearing my apron, and making me breakfast, and then—!”

“Ok I get it! You don’t have to repeat it, I was there. I know what happened…” Sunggyu groaned, and then shoved Woohyun in the direction of the bathroom. “Just go. You’re going to be late, if you don’t hurry.”

“I’d be faster if hyung joined me~” Woohyun clutched onto Sunggyu’s arm

“No you won’t! That’ll just take longer!” Sunggyu huffed.

“Hyung~” Woohyun had on glassy eyes and pouty lips.

“No!”

“Hyung~”

“N-No…”

“Hyung~”

“B-But what if Hyun Su wakes up and we’re not—.”

“We’ll hurry then!” Woohyun grinned. “Besides my audition’s only at noon!”

“But,” Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun’s arm. “I don’t want to…you’re not going to do anything…that’s what always happens. Just when it starts to get good, you—.”

“Not this time hyung!” Woohyun shook his head. “I promise!”

“I-I don’t believe you…” Sunggyu eyed him.

“Hyung…” Woohyun stepped closer, and slipped an arm around Sunggyu’s waist. “Trust me…”

Sunggyu stared at him for a moment. “…Do you have something in your pocket?”

“I-I don’t have pockets on my pajamas hyung.” Woohyun blushed. “T-That was your fault from before!”

Sunggyu couldn’t hold back a chuckle. “So this whole time…you were hard—.”

“Hyung!”

“Ok, ok, I’m sorry.” Sunggyu laughed. “But seriously though…you should get ready. Ah Hyun Su has daycare today…I’ll drop him off since I have time before work starts—.”

“Hyung!” Woohyun whined. “W-What about me?”

“What about you?” Sunggyu shot him a dry look. “Go shower.”

“B-But…” Woohyun tugged on Sunggyu’s sleeve. “Y-You’re just going to make me deal with this myself?”

“Lets consider it pay back.” Sunggyu decided, before turning to leave.

“Payback?” Woohyun frowned. “For what—wait is this for that night when we first…a-and then I ran into the bathroom? Is it because of that time?”

“It’s funny how karma works…” Sunggyu put a finger to his chin.

“T-That’s not fair! That time I freaked out b-because I didn’t think you and me…that we should be doing that kind of thing, and plus—.”

“Appa!” Hyun Su burst into the room and leapt into Sunggyu’s arms. Woohyun eyes went wide and he dashed into the bathroom and locked the door. Sunggyu couldn’t help but smile, as Hyun Su stared up at him.

“What’s so funny appa?” Hyun Su asked.

“Hm? Oh it’s just Woohyun appa.”

“What about him?”

“He’s just funny.” Sunggyu grinned, as he put Hyun Su down. “Anyways, I made pancakes. You want some?”

“Pancakes?!” Hyun Su’s eyes went wide.

“Yeah c’mon let’s go.” Sunggyu laughed as Hyun Su raced ahead of him into the kitchen.

++

Woohyun nervously walked down the hall of the television company that his audition was to be held at. He wasn’t really paying attention to where he was going as he went over the lines in his head, when he bumped into someone.

“Oh sorry—.” He looked up to see Hoya standing before him. “Oh Hoya, hi, what’re you doing here?”

“I’m auditioning for a role in a drama.” Hoya explained.

“So you’re trying acting now?”

“Yeah, I’ve been wanting to expand my repertoire.” Hoya grinned. “What about you? Got an audition?”

“Yup!” Woohyun answered excitedly.

“That’s good…” Hoya nodded. “So how’s Sunggyu hyung…are you guys still…?”

“Yeah.” Woohyun replied with a smile.

“I see…still haven’t done it though?”

“W-What?” Woohyun blushed. “H-How did you…I-I mean of course we have!”

Hoya raised an eyebrow. “Oh really?”

“W-Well…” Woohyun averted his gaze.

“Yeah, knew it.” Hoya snorted. “Well good luck on your audition.”

“Uh yeah, you too.” Woohyun nodded.

++

Sunggyu glanced at his phone for the fifth time in five minutes, as he sat in the black van, with his manager Sang Hyun who was driving them to Sunggyu’s next schedule.

“What’s up?” Sang Hyun asked.

“Hm?” Sunggyu looked up.

“You keep looking at your phone.”

“Ah no…its just Woohyun’s audition is today.”

Sang Hyun smirked. “You really care about that kid huh?”

“N-Not really…” Sunggyu folded his hands in his lap and gazed out the window.

“Well thanks to him and the show, it seems like your rep is getting better.” Sang Hyun noted.

“Really?” Sunggyu turned to him.

“Yeah, these days most of the news about you is either music related, or about the show and your good relationship with Woohyun and Hyun Su.”

“I guess the CEO was right…” Sunggyu nodded. “The show did make a difference…” Then he smiled to himself. “It really changed a lot of things…”

“Ah, so about the—.” Suddenly Sunggyu’s phone started vibrating, interrupting what Sang Hyun was going to say. Sunggyu looked at his phone then glanced apologetically at Sang Hyun, who sighed. “Go ahead….answer it.”

Sunggyu nodded with a slight smile before answering.

“Hello?”

“Hyung….” Woohyun’s voice was quiet on the other end.

“Did you finish? How’d it go?” Sunggyu asked.

“I don’t really know…” Woohyun sighed. “I mean I think it went well…they were smiling a lot and they even laughed when I told that one joke, you know the one about the pineapple?”

“If they laughed at that dumb joke, then they definitely liked you.” Sunggyu replied.

“Yeah…I hope so.” Woohyun said, nervously.

“You’re going to get the part, I know it.” Sunggyu stated.

“Thanks hyung.” Woohyun’s voice lightened. “Ah, but maybe I would have done better if hyung had helped me this morning to—.”

“Y-Yah!” Sunggyu hissed, and then quickly glanced at Sang Hyun. “J-Just be quiet about that…ok?”

Woohyun laughed. “Oh I get it. Someone else is there right?”

“Y-Yeah…” Sunggyu mumbled. “Anyways, uh bye—.”

“Wait hyung!” Woohyun interrupted. “That’s it?”

“Yeah, I have to go.” Sunggyu sighed.

“Fine…” Sunggyu could practically hear the younger man’s pout through the phone. “I’ll see you at home. I love you hyung~”

“Uh…y-yeah, bye—.”

“Hyung! Aren’t you going to say it back?”

“I-I can’t dummy!” Sunggyu yelled, garnering the attention of his manager who shot him a confused look. “J-Just hang up alright?”

“You hang up first hyung~”

“Are you seriously doing this right now?”

“All you have to do is hang up~” Woohyun said in a sing-song voice.

“F-Fine…I’m hanging up now…” Sunggyu told him, yet he kept the phone to his ear.

“You’re such a liar hyung.” Woohyun chuckled.

“S-Shut up and hang up already!”

“But you said you were going to hang up first.” Sunggyu could hear the amusement in Woohyun’s voice. “Ah, hyung…you’re really cute.”

Sunggyu blushed slightly, and couldn’t fight the smile forming on his lips. “N-No I’m not….you’re more—.” He paused when he realized Sang Hyun was side eyeing him and smirking slightly. Sunggyu immediately cleared his throat. “A-Anyways bye!”

“But Hyung—!” Sunggyu quickly hung up without bothering to hear the rest of what Woohyun was about to say.

“Who was that?” Sang Hyun asked.

“Uh it was just someone…” Sunggyu averted his gaze.

“Don’t tell me you went and got yourself a girlfriend Sunggyu-yah?” Sang Hyun snickered, as he parked the car in the studio lot.

Sunggyu snorted, “A girlfriend…yeah not exactly…”

“Oh so it was Woohyun?”

“…What?” Sunggyu paused. “H-How would you go from girlfriend to—.”

“Because….” Sang Hyun folded his arms. “You sounded like you were talking to your girlfriend, and since you don’t have a girlfriend, I figured it was Woohyun. Since you talk to him like you would a girlfriend so—.”

“N-No I don’t!” Sunggyu stammered and turned away while covering his hand with his mouth. His heart was beating fast. He was being too obvious. He didn’t know what would happen if Sang Hyun figured out the truth and he didn’t want to find out.

“Relax…” Sang Hyun chuckled. “I was just kidding.”

Sunggyu turned to him, slowly. “Oh…”

“I mean Woohyun’s a guy. How can he be your girlfriend?”

“Uh yeah….” Sunggyu nodded, and laughed nervously, as he unhooked his seat belt. “That would be crazy….”

-----------------------------------------------

Hm, foreshadowing perhaps? Ohohoh~

Thanks for subscribing, commenting, and upvoting! It really makes me too happy. This is for you guys~