Getting closer (part 4)

Babysitting with the Stars

Woohyun sat on a bench outside the movie theater, waiting for Sunggyu. He felt extremely guilty for spying on him before, and he didn’t know if he should just tell him the truth or not.

But then he’ll think I’m some creepy stalker fan…” Woohyun frowned, because he realized he was a creepy stalker fan. “Argh…what should I do?” He groaned, leaning backwards, staring up into the sky. He closed his eyes for a moment, when he felt someone nudge him. He opened his eyes slowly to see Sunggyu sitting next to him.

“Hey.”

Woohyun gasped and almost fell off the bench, but Sunggyu grabbed onto his arm preventing him from falling.

“You get scared really easily.” Sunggyu grinned.

“Y-You just appeared out of nowhere!” Woohyun whined. “And why are you so quiet?!”

“I’m not…you’re just oblivious.” Sunggyu shrugged, taking off his sunglasses. “How long have you been here? Did you wait long?”

“I saw you at the café!” Woohyun blurted out.

Sunggyu blinked. “Huh?”

“I was spying on you!” Woohyun admitted, completely ashamed.

“…Why?”

“Because I’m creepy!” Woohyun exclaimed. “I’m a creepy stalker…”

Sunggyu chuckled. “What? I’m confused.”

“I’m serious!” Woohyun pouted. “I just wanted to be your friend, but I’m—.”

“But I thought you were.”

“W-What?” Woohyun looked up.

“You have to stop being so surprised about everything.” Sunggyu sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. “Listen closely, because I’m only going to say this once.” Woohyun nodded attentively. “You’re really weird…” Woohyun frowned. “B-But I don’t dislike you…ok?”

Woohyun stared at him. “Uh…”

Sunggyu groaned. “Do you get what I’m trying to say?”

“Not really.” Woohyun tilted his head, dumbfounded.

“Aish…forget it then!” Sunggyu grumbled and stood up, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

“Wait hyung—!”

“I like you ok?!” Sunggyu exclaimed, turning around to face Woohyun, his cheeks pink from embarrassment.

Woohyun immediately blushed, completely forgetting what he was going to say.

 “I-I want to be your friend too…” Sunggyu looked down. “But you keep acting like I’m this famous celebrity…can’t you just treat me like how you treat your other friends?” He glanced at Woohyun, waiting for him to answer, but Woohyun remained silent, wearing a dazed look on his face. “Say something.” Sunggyu pouted.

“Ah sorry…” Woohyun snapped out of his state. “I just…I had a dream like this before.”

“What?” Sunggyu gave him a confused look.

“I-I had a dream that you said that you wanted to be my friend…” Woohyun looked down, slapping his own cheeks to make sure he wasn’t dreaming. “Ah I can’t believe this is really happening…”

Sunggyu wanted to be annoyed with Woohyun, he really did. But he just couldn’t. Not when Woohyun was acting like that…when he was acting that cute.

“I’m just saying…” Sunggyu sighed, sitting back down next to Woohyun. “It’d be nice if you stopped thinking that I’m this amazing person…I’m just a normal person—”

“No you’re not!” Woohyun replied.

“Sunggyu frowned. “Yes I am. I—.”

“No you’re not hyung.” Woohyun interrupted. “You know I found that out only after meeting you. To be honest, I didn’t think you’d be so nice.”

Sunggyu looked down embarrassed. “I-I’m not that nice…”

“Yes you are!” Woohyun pouted. “I always knew you weren’t as bad as all the tabloids made you out to be, but you’re even better than I thought you would be.”

“S-Stop it!” Sunggyu blushed, and shoved Woohyun lightly.

“I-Its true hyung!” Woohyun exclaimed, feeling slightly embarrassed himself for saying such things out loud. “Wait hyung!” He called after the shy hamster who had put his sunglasses back on and was already heading towards the movie theater.

++

They decided on an action movie, and after paying for their tickets, they headed inside. Sunggyu was about to ask if Woohyun wanted to get popcorn or some snacks, but stopped himself, remembering about how weight conscious the younger man was. But then he noticed Woohyun eyeing the snack counter longingly.

Sunggyu smiled and started walking towards the counter.

“Hyung…you want snacks?” Woohyun asked, following Sunggyu.

“Yeah, I want some popcorn.” Sunggyu replied. “Do you want anything?”

“Well that depends…”

“On what?”

“On whether hyung is paying or not.” Woohyun grinned sheepishly.

Sunggyu gave him a dry look. “Why do I have to pay for your snacks?”

“Because…” Woohyun pouted. “I used up all my money on the movie ticket…”

“What?” Sunggyu stared at him, confused. “What kind of person only carries around enough money for a movie ticket?” Woohyun shrugged helplessly. “Fine…” Sunggyu gave in. “I’ll pay. What do you want?”

++

“Wow we’re like the only ones here.” Woohyun noted as they took their seats. “Maybe it’s because it’s a weeknight…” He figured. Almost all the seats were left unoccupied save for a couple huddled together near the back.

Woohyun noticed Sunggyu’s grumpy expression after the older man had peeled off his sunglasses. “What’s wrong hyung?”

“You…” Sunggyu glared at him. “I can’t believe you bought so many snacks with my money!”

“You said you were going to pay.” Woohyun defended.

“Yeah, but I thought you’d just get a soda or something!” Sunggyu retorted. “Not the entire—!”

“Shh hyung!” Woohyun hissed, pointing to the screen. “The movie’s starting!”

“No it’s not! Those are just the trailers!” Sunggyu shoved the collection of candies and other assorted snacks onto Woohyun’s lap. “Stop trying to change the subject... Woohyun! Nam Woohyun!” He tapped Woohyun’s arm continuously, while Woohyun merely tuned him out, watching a preview of a new romantic comedy. “Ya! Listen to me when I’m talking to you!”

“Yes, yes hyung…I’m sorry ok?” Woohyun grinned, offering him a box of chocolate covered raisins as an apology.

Sunggyu made a sour face. “I’m not asking for a sorry! I want to know why you’re such a cheapskate! You shouldn’t take advantage of people like that you know?”

Woohyun turned to Sunggyu. “But I thought you wanted me to treat you like how I treat my other friends?”

“Huh?” Sunggyu paused. “Uh yeah…but—.”

“Well this is how I treat my other friends.” Woohyun explained.

Sunggyu frowned. “I feel sorry for your friends.”

“Why?” Woohyun pouted. “They make me do all the cleaning and cooking at home! Ok...well that’s because I don’t let them anywhere near the stove, and well…I think you know why they’re not allowed to touch the vacuum cleaner.” Sunggyu shuddered slightly at the bad memory. “But still!” Woohyun continued. “I’m like some kind of male, Korean version of Cinderella!”

“Cinderella?” Sunggyu snorted. “Did you just call yourself Cinderella?”

“T-That’s not what I meant!” Woohyun stammered. “I-I just meant that I’m the victim! They’re the ones who—!”

“So that’s why you always wear all that lip stick.” Sunggyu joked. “Because you’re a pretty princess~”

“I-Its not lipstick hyung!” Woohyun whined.

“Sorry, lip gloss then.” Sunggyu grinned.

“I-Its not…” Woohyun bit his lip, clearly frustrated. “I-I’m not—!”

“Relax, I’m just kidding.” Sunggyu chuckled, but Woohyun kept a dismal expression. “Hey…it was just a joke.” Sunggyu hesitantly reached out and cupped Woohyun’s cheek. “Don’t be upset…I didn’t mean it ok?” They caught each other’s gaze, just as Sunggyu’s thumb tenderly brushed Woohyun’s bottom lip.

“Hyung…”

“…Yeah?”

“…W-What are you doing?” They both blushed, and Sunggyu immediately retracted his hand.

“S-Sorry…” Sunggyu mumbled. “Y-You were just—I-I mean…”

“Huh?”

“Uh…I-I don’t know.” Sunggyu turned his attention to the large screen in front of them. Woohyun did the same, both of them, embarrassed and confused by what had just occurred.

They were thankful when the lights went dim and the movie finally started. The opening scene was of a shirtless man chasing a lingerie clad women into a lavishly decorated bedroom. He pinned her down onto the bed, and started passionately kissing her.

Sunggyu bit his lip and glanced at Woohyun from the corner of his eye.

“We shouldn’t do this…” The woman uttered between kisses.

“I know…” The man breathed. “But I just can’t resist you anymore.”

“But if anyone finds out…” The woman murmured. “We’ll be in so much trouble…”

“Who cares what they say.” The man sighed. “I want you and I don’t care what they say anymore.”

“Oh Charlie!” The woman moaned.

“I love you Serena!”

And then they started having .

Woohyun cleared his throat. “W-What’s this movie supposed to be about anyways?” He laughed awkwardly. “I thought stuff was supposed to blow up and there was supposed to be car chases and stuff…”

“Y-Yeah…” Sunggyu nodded, just as uncomfortable. He glanced behind him and immediately regretted it, as he caught sight of the couple huddled in the corner, now engaged in a heavy make out session. He stared down the inside of the popcorn bucket, finding it to be the best thing to concentrate on.

Woohyun also noticed the couple behind, and unintentionally focused his gaze on Sunggyu, who was busy counting kernels. He watched Sunggyu take a sip of his soda. He observed the way his soft lips captured the thick red straw. Woohyun gulped and grabbed his own drink, taking a sip, hoping to wash down the lump that was forming in his throat.

It didn’t work.

After chewing and swallowing, a handful of popcorn Sunggyu noticed butter all over his fingers, so he decided to it off. Woohyun bit his straw stiffly, as he watched Sunggyu’s pink tongue brush across his pale slender fingers.

It didn’t help that there were people getting it on, quite loudly in front of them on screen and behind them in real life. Woohyun gave up on the straw and resorted to chewing on his own lip, in an effort to control himself, even though he didn’t really understand what it was that he had to prevent himself from doing.

“H-Hyung…” He whined, garnering Sunggyu’s attention.

“…What?” Sunggyu turned to him, and paused for a moment, leaning closer.

“W-What’re are you doing?” Woohyun blushed.

“Your lip…” Sunggyu looked concerned. “You’re bleeding…”

“Huh?” Before Woohyun could say anything, Sunggyu grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him out of his chair and down the aisle. “Wait hyung!” Woohyun pulled his wrist out of Sunggyu’s grip.

“What are you doing?” Sunggyu turned to him. “Your lip’s bleeding! We have to go clean it up!”

“Excuse me!” They both turned around to see a teenage girl, wearing the movie theater’s uniform. “You’re being disruptive to the people who are trying to watch the movie.” Sunggyu wanted to tell her that was a pretty stupid thing to say, considering the only other people in the theater were the couple going at it in the corner, who clearly couldn’t care less about the movie or anything else for that matter.

But instead he pulled his cap down, temporarily remembering he should be in disguise. “Uh sorry…we’ll leave.” He mumbled and grabbed onto Woohyun’s wrist.

“Wait…” The girl eyed him. “Aren’t you…” Suddenly her eyes went wide and she squealed. “OMG you’re Kim Sunggyu! Sunggyu oppa!” Sunggyu nodded politely, and attempted to pass her by, but she stood in the way. “Oppa, I love your music! Wow you’re so handsome oppa!”

“Uh thanks…but could you let us—?”

“Can I take a picture with you oppa?!” The girl got out her camera, expression eager.

Sunggyu glanced at Woohyun who was wiping his lip with the sleeve of his shirt. Sunggyu was about to refuse the offer, when Woohyun suddenly barged in front of him.

“Of course you can!” Woohyun announced, cheerfully, and grabbed the girl’s little pink camera. “I’ll take the picture for you.”

Sunggyu stared at Woohyun. “But…”

“How can you refuse such a cute fan hyung?” Woohyun grinned and gestured for Sunggyu to stand beside the fan, while he positioned the device. After they snapped a picture, Sunggyu immediately gave the fan a polite smile and reached for Woohyun, grabbing him and rushing out of the theater.

++

After Sunggyu pulled Woohyun into the bathroom, he reached for a tissue, and ran it under the tap for a moment, in order to get it damp. He turned to Woohyun and reached out to dab Woohyun’s cut lip.

Woohyun backed away slightly. “I-I can do it myself.”

“Just come here.” Sunggyu sighed, and pulled Woohyun towards him. Woohyun gave in and let Sunggyu wipe the blood on his lip. “What happened? How’d you even get this cut?”

“Uh…” Woohyun focused his eyes on the dirty tile floor. “J-Just….”

“Just what?” Sunggyu leaned closer to get a better look, and Woohyun gulped at the proximity.

“I-It was the straw.” Woohyun lied.

“You cut your lip on the straw?” Woohyun nodded quickly. “Oh…” Sunggyu thought this over for a moment.

“But it’s fine hyung.” Woohyun lowered Sunggyu’s hand.

“Yeah, but I don’t want there to be a scar.” Sunggyu commented. “Isn’t an actor’s face important for his job?”

Woohyun smiled slightly. “Thanks hyung.”

Sunggyu sighed. “To be honest…I just didn’t want to watch that movie anymore.”

“Yeah…I think we went in the wrong theater…”

“You think?” Sunggyu snorted. “Anyways…I guess we should head home.”

Woohyun pouted as he didn’t want the night to end just yet. “W-Want to get something to eat?” He asked.

Sunggyu gave him a surprised look. “You want to eat?” Woohyun nodded, just as they heard a bounty of screams and noise. They heard a lot of, “Sunggyu oppa!” and “Kim Sunggyu!” and even some “Gyu oppa marry me!”

“Oh man…” Sunggyu groaned.

“What?” Woohyun asked. “What’s wrong?”

“That girl who works here…she probably got the word out that I’m here…” Sunggyu explained. “We’re going to get mobbed if we go out there now.”

“But we can’t just stay in here forever.” Woohyun turned to the door. “C’mon hyung.”

“But…” Sunggyu looked concerned.

Woohyun sent him an assuring smile. “It’ll be ok. Trust me.”

Sunggyu took a deep breath as Woohyun reached for the bathroom door handle. The second he opened the door, the screams got louder and the cameras flashed like there was no tomorrow. Woohyun sent the crowd a charming smile while he attempted to maneuver past them. He glanced behind him to see Sunggyu with his head down, struggling to not be eaten alive by the frenzied masses.

“Kim Sunggyu is it true that you that girl?!” A reporter questioned.

“Oppa how could you cheat on me with that ?!” A fangirl screeched.

Woohyun tried to reach Sunggyu, but the sea of people between them seemed to increase by the second.

“Hyung!” Woohyun called. “Sunggyu hyung!” Sunggyu glanced around, hearing Woohyun’s voice. “Hyung I’m over here!” Woohyun shouted, reaching out his hand, just as Sunggyu spotted him. Sunggyu reached out as well, their fingertips just barely touching. Woohyun pushed past some nosy reporters and grabbed onto Sunggyu’s hand as tightly as he could. He managed to pull Sunggyu out from the throng of people.

“Thanks.” Sunggyu breathed, as they shuffled out of the building as fast as they could.

“Are you ok?” Woohyun asked, concerned.

Sunggyu nodded and glanced behind him. “They’re still following us.”

“Let’s run.” Woohyun decided.

“What?” Sunggyu blinked. “But—”

“C’mon hyung!” Woohyun kept his grip on Sunggyu’s hand and pulled him down the street.

“Wait!” Sunggyu tried to say. “Woohyun I—!”

“Oppa!”

The crowd was getting closer.

Sunggyu let out an annoyed groan and picked up the pace, though Woohyun was still practically dragging him along.

“This way!” Woohyun made a sharp turn at the corner, with Sunggyu in tow. They escaped into a dark alley way, and crouched down behind a large dirty dumpster. “Hyung…” Woohyun panted.

“Shh!” Sunggyu warned. They waited in silence, after the crowd had rushed by in case there were any stragglers.

After a few minutes, Sunggyu let out a sigh of relief, and turned to Woohyun, with a grin. “I can’t believe we outran them…”

“It’s all thanks to me.” Woohyun stated proudly. “You were so slow hyung. I was practically carrying you!”

“Shut up.” Sunggyu laughed.

“That’s what you get for eating all that buttery popcorn.” Woohyun pointed out with an amused grin.

“Whatever…” Sunggyu sighed, and paused for a minute. “Woohyun…”

“Yeah?”

“You can let go of my hand now.

Woohyun blushed. “O-Oh right…sorry.”

-----------------------------------------------

100+ subscribers! Thank you so much <3<3

Next chapter will be part 2 of woogyu's date~