Chapter 8

Debut Soon, Okay?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai shouldered his way through the crowd that surrounded SHINee until he was at the front. He shuffled behind Taemin and tugged his sleeve gently.

‘Taemin-hyung?’ he said quietly, trying not to attract too much attention.

‘Yes?’

‘Can we leave? I need to talk to you.’

Taemin turned to look at Kai and smiled slightly before catching his hand and gripping it tightly. He turned back to the rest of SHINee and leaned to whisper something in Onew’s ear. Kai saw Onew nod and then continue his conversation with Daesung. Taemin spun round to face Kai again, nodded, and pulled him in the direction of the door.

As Taemin pulled him down the corridor, Kai felt butterflies in his stomach. He couldn’t quite believe that this was actually happening. What was he going to say, exactly? ‘I like you, and I discovered this a few minutes ago’? Kai almost snorted Yeh, like that’s going to explain everything.

They approached SHINee’s empty changing room and Taemin tugged Kai into the room, closed the door and turned to face him.

‘…so?’ Taemin looked at him expectantly.

Kai drew a blank. He had to say something. ‘So,’ he took a deep breath ‘I-I’ve thought a lot, Hyung.’

Taemin smiled and took a small step closer, squeezing Kai’s hand.

‘And?’

‘And I think..’ Kai trailed off. This was harder than he thought it would be.

Taemin began to rub soft circles with his thumb over Kai’s hand in a way that Kai knew was meant to be reassuring. However, it only distracted him even more from the situation by feeling so damn good.

‘It’s okay, Jongin. Just tell me. I’m not going to kill you, whatever you say.’

Kai looked up to Taemin. They stared at each other earnestly. Taemin eyes were boring holes into Kai’s, as if they were urging Kai to spit it out. Kai took a tiny step forwards, eyes not leaving Taemin’s. He became more and more frustrated as he the words he‘d constructed in his head died on his tongue.

‘ it.’ He murmured so quietly that Taemin could only just make it out.

‘What do you me-?’

And then their lips collided. Kai was kissing Taemin gently, desperately trying to convey all of his feelings that he couldn’t with words. Taemin began to kiss back, gripping Kai’s hand like an iron vice. Kai sighed as they both relaxed into the kiss. He felt the warm feeling overwhelm him again and this time he didn’t fight it. This feeling, he couldn’t believe that he’d only just realised how perfect it was.

Their lips broke apart, but their foreheads remained touched together. They were both panting, revelling in this these new sensations.

‘…Jongin?’ Taemin breathed ‘You still haven’t said anything.’

‘Do I still need to?’ Kai asked. He thought that his actions were pretty self-explanatory to be honest.

‘Yes. Just tell me please. I can’t accept it until you tell me. With words.’

 Kai sighed and took Taemin’s other hand in his so that he was holding both.

‘Lee Taemin. I have finally figured out why I feel warm around you. I want to keep this feeling for as long as possible, if you’ll let me.’

They held each other’s gaze until Taemin finally reacted.

He snorted. That’s right. Snorted.

‘Oh God Jongin, why do you have to be so lame?’

  The spell was broken and Kai wacked Taemin over the head.

‘Yah! You asked me to show you my feelings and now I have! That was a serious confession I’ll have you know! I lay my feelings out on the table and all you can do is laugh!?’

‘Sorry, sorry.’ Taemin said as he tried to stifle his laughs. ‘It’s just’ he started but was overcome again with a bout of giggles ‘I didn’t know that you were this cheesy.’ 

Kai waited, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter