2

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

 

Minhyuk’s little head peeped up at the kitchen counter; his eyes just surpassed the surface. He watched diligently as Sora cut through the cooked meat and laid down each tender piece on two plastic plates belonging to the kids.

“I don’t want peas” Minhyuk mentioned quickly before she could dish up the round vegetables.

Sora paused and almost laughed at the sight of him trying hard to keep an eye. “Peas are good for you though” she reasoned.

Minhyuk made a disgusted face and stamped his foot. “No they’re not. They’re ugly and green”

Mika wandered in the kitchen, humming and skipping round the island in the middle of the room. She suddenly stopped in front of Sora and observed carefully. “You haven’t got a plate for Kai.”

Minhyuk rolled his eyes. “She just wants you to give her more food. Kai won’t eat it; she will,” he explained, “Fatty” he directed to Mika.

Mika pulled a face and ignored her brother. “It’s not for me at all! It’s for Kai. He says he’s hungry”

Sora blinked momentarily, unsure of how to reply. She didn’t want to waste a whole plate of food for something that didn’t exist anywhere apart from Mika’s extravagant imagination.

“Um...maybe I’ll serve him something later, okay?” Sora said, returning her attention back to carving the meat.

Mika frowned. She looked behind her towards the kitchen door and sighed. Sora caught the act with her own eyes. It was as if Mika was looking at something; something that had some sort of substance when her eyes followed whatever she was looking at.

“Are you okay?” Sora asked the little girl. Mika turned to Sora unhappily, with a hint of anger flashing across her face. “You upset Kai!” she cried out.

Sora became alarmed and crouched down to her level. “Oh no. I’m sorry. Maybe we can call him back and invite him for dinner. How does that sound to you?”

Mika sniffed and giggled. “It’s alright. He’s already back”

Sora sighed contently and stood up again. She turned her attention to the plates of food and frowned. The bowl of peas had scattered across the table top and was dotted on both plates. Sternly, she turned to Minhyuk, ready to scold him.

“Did you make this mess?” She asked. Minhyuk shook his head furiously, his eyes wide and frightened. Sora clicked her tongue and began cleaning away the mess, “I know that you don’t like peas but you didn’t have to shove the bowl over.”

Minhyuk shook his head again in disagreement. “It wasn’t me. It was Kai”

Sora looked at him, trying to find the emotion that said he was mocking his little sister. But nothing; he was either a very good actor or telling the truth. Of course, Sora wasn’t going to believe that Kai, Mika’s imaginary friend was real.

“You said Kai wasn’t real” Sora challenged. Minhyuk was still defiant. “Not anymore. He was behind you. He told me to be quite and then he pushed the bowl.”

Sora was still very sceptical and let the whole thing go. “Okay whatever. Let’s just go into the dining room and have our dinner.”

The two children scampered out the kitchen with Sora following behind them, both plates in hand. She paused for a second and turned around. There was nothing there her eyes could make out to be suspicious.

Minhyuk is probably messing with me, she thought. Turning back around, she made a step towards the door way to leave. Strangely enough, he body couldn’t make it pass the door frame. She seemed to be stuck. Sora’s face contorted into a serious scowl as she tried to walk through the door again.

However, every move she made seemed to be blocked and she would bounce back. Huffing in frustration she wondered if this was some sort of prank.

Looking closely at the door way, she came to the conclusion that it wasn’t wrapped in cling film. Either way, she couldn’t be as she had seen the other two go through merely ten seconds ago.

“Sora, are you coming? I’m hungry!” Minhyuk bellowed from the dining room.

“Just a second” She replied back with a louder volume. Breathing in she took a step once again. Her foot managed to make it pass the kitchen and her body followed. She could hardly tell what had happened to her but hoped it wouldn’t happen again. Shaking her head, she walked towards the dining table.

Every footstep she made was echoed. Deep, hard thuds imitated each of her steps. Sora stopped and listened intently. There were no sounds being made apart from the bickering voices of Mika and Minhyuk.

I really am going crazy.

She resumed her walking and the thuds followed. It sounded like hard soles were stamping against hard wood floors. And what made it worse, the sounds she was hearing, were coming from above her.

Hastily she went into the dining room and plastered a smile on her face to conceal the worry etched over it. Mika and Minhyuk sat impatiently in their seats, waiting for their food.

“Dinner is served kids,” Sora announced. The kids dug in immediately, stuffing their cheeks with the meat and assortment of other foods.

“Thanks Sora” Minhyuk said, his voice muffled a bit with his mouth full of meat. Sora smiled and acknowledged his thanks. She sat down on the table with them and stopped immediately.

“Ur, Mika, I’m not going to be sitting on Kai’s lap am I?” She questioned. Mika gave her a toothy smile and shook her head. “Kai’s not here right now”

Sora smiled sheepishly and dropped her on the cushioned chair. Who knew tending children would be so tiring? Minutes passed and Sora sat calmly in her chair, making sure the siblings ate their food properly and remembered to drink their water.

“Sora...” Mika began.

“Yes?”

“Kai wants his chair back” She said. Sora looked at her in confusion. Seriously? She’s making me move for this non-existent dude, Sora grumbled in her head. Her chair rumbled for a split second alarming her severely. She jumped up from her seat and stepped away from the chair to stare at the empty space.

 

 He laughed in mockery and smirked, sitting in his rightful chair. This would be fun.