18

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

 

Blood was filling his mouth. He may have been a demo but that didn't mean wounds could not be inflicted on him. He spat out the red liquid as knelt on his knees, feeling the cold, rough ground scrape his skin. He didn't really remember how he came to be in this position but he knew his life was on the line.

 

"I'll repeat myself once, and only once Chen, what is Kai up to?" Satan roared. Satan was a beautiful creature, yet so warped and revolting at the same time. His black, ink veins were shown prominently on his skin and his eyes were bleak as ever. Talons curled from his fingertips and his hand would always grasp a sceptre with a gargoyle at the end embellished with gold. He was truly Hell's leader and right now he was more than suspicious about Kai's behaviour.

 

He was sure that Kai was organising a rebellion against him. There was no doubt that Kai was liked by the majority and could pull it off. Satan may have been a paranoid demon, but he would let nothing come between him and his rightful throne. He was so sure that Chen would have the information he wanted, but the said demon proved more than useless.

 

"I don't know anything! He's just been keeping to himself; I know nothing!" Chen pleaded. Though he was lying, he was willing to take a beating to protect his friend.

 

"You've left me no choice." Satan announced. He gracefully swept his sceptre in the air; a crackle of static and lightning struck from the tip. The contraption mechanically opened up to reveal a fork-like instrument and stabbed in Chen's temple. A gasp ruptured from Chen as his mind was invaded. It felt like poison was spreading, freezing over his brain and tearing it apart. What really was happening was Satan was venturing through his thoughts, sifting away for anything related to Kai. 

 

And then he saw it all, heard every piece of communication and felt a slight chill as Sora's name was mentioned. 

 

"Oh this is good," Satan muttered as he retracted his sceptre and stepped over a limp, unconscious Chen, "My daughter is visiting..."

 

 

Aria had appeared again at Sora's temporary doorstep. She had explained clearly to Satan's child that a wormhole would open wide enough to engulf her and transport her to the human world.

 

"From there, you drink this potion and run. The potion will stop Kai from tracking you long enough for you to get far, far away" Aria said. Sora took it all in, in silence, nodding and humming occasionally. Was she really sure about escaping Kai? He hadn't been completely impossible to stand, but she would never be sure if she a death sentence looming over her head. She didn't want to stick to find out what fate would have planned out for her in Hell. 

 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Aria interrupted her train of thought, "I only say this because you seem troubled. You know that this is the right thing to do, right?"

 

Sora managed to plaster a tight, reassuring smile across her lips. "I'm sure about this. I can't stay here."

 

Aria nodded, sighing quietly in relief. Hell was no place for Sora and Aria would do anything to protect her.

 

 

Kai cranked his neck and stretched his arms as he casually walked through the ghost town. He started to hear pained coughing and wheezing. There was distinct shuffling a scraping of shoes, along with the groans of agony. Kai became more aware of his surroundings, pausing and looking around for the origin of all the noise. And then he saw it. A dark figure clutching to their sides as they walked through a narrow walkway. Kai squinted his eyes to try and focus in on the person, before they widened in surprise.

 

"Chen!" Kai exclaimed, rushing up to his friend feeling nothing but worry, "What the hell happened to you?"

 

Kai allowed Chen to lean on him as they walked. Chen wheezed again, feeling a tight pain in his chest. It was a known fact that wounds inflicted by Satan himself would take weeks to him to constantly remind the victim.

 

"His lordship," Chen spluttered, "He knows your secret."

 

Kai felt a wash of fear run through him; not for himself but for Sora. Satan could be locating Sora as of now, he could be with her! Kai wasted no time. He took Chen to an infirmary before rushing off to Sora.

 

 

"Are you ready?" Aria asked as they both stood by for the gate to Earth open up. Sora hesitated almost.

 

"Yes," Sora replied. Incantations of another language were recited by Aria over and over again with the volume of her voice growing louder and louder. She held up her hands as the energy surged to her fingertips. The wind picked up around them, sweeping Sora's hair to one side and her dress rippling violently between her legs. A bright, pin-pointed light began to emerge. Its rays seeped out and poured into the room as it became larger. So large that Sora was sure that she could fit through.

 

The wind was howling by now, as if protesting against it all. Aria had to shout over the deep humming, "That's the entrance. I don't know how long I can keep it open. Take the potion and jump in."

 

Before anything could be said, Kai charged in through the door. He was even more taken aback by the scene before him. Anger was bubbling its way to the surface now as he realised what was happening.

 

"Sora!" He yelled furiously, "Get away from that portal!"

 

Aria went against the notion, "No Sora, you need to leave now!"

 

Sora was stumped. Part of her didn't want to leave. Aria was getting weaker by the minute and the portal was slowly shrinking. She knew what she had to do. 

 

Sora clutched on to the potion with her back facing the wormhole. She looked at Kai's darkening eyes and took a step back, mouthing the words 'Goodbye'. She fell into the portal. Complete whiteness surrounded her until she landed on her back. A sharp pain shot across her back and she whimpered softly. Her upper body rose up and she realised she was in the little girl's room, Mika. 

 

"Hello again," The voice belonged to the little girl. Sora looked at her and said nothing. Instead she gulped down the potion, gagging once she swallowed at the nasty taste it had.

 

"Have you seen Kai?" Mika asked. 

 

Sora nodded, her mind flashing through the final time she saw him. The dejected, betrayed look that flashed across his face. She would never be able to forgive herself.

 

 

 

 

SO SORRY ABOUT THE TYPOS. I'll edit when I get to a PC because right now I'm on my tablet.

Anyway, who else is excited about Exo's comeback?