10

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

 

Kai straightened his leather jacket as he slipped it on, the sleeves hugging his arms and the front draping over his chest with a rigid structure. He looked devilishly handsome with his hair swept back and the hard look on his face and he stormed over to an abandoned alley way. The hard soles of his shoes clicked against the cobbled ground, announcing his arrival.

“Took you long enough” another voice reached Kai’s ears. Kai kept walking until he stood before the other demon.

“Yeah, well I was busy” Kai spat out with a scornful look, feeling very irritated at the fact he was interrupted when dominating Sora.

The other demon cocked an eyebrow in Kai’s direction but brushed off the harsh tone coming from him. “This couldn’t exactly wait” Chen muttered with wondering eyes. His eyes met Kai’s at last and they were determined but worried. Kai squinted slightly, sensing something was off about Chen and his demeanour.

“Spit it out Chen” He snapped at the demon. Chen let out a tired sigh; his hand came over his face and wiped it down before staring Kai straight in the eyes.

“You’re disappearing a lot these days and it’s getting noticeable” he said leading to Kai’s jaw locking in place and rolling his eyes.

“The council just can’t mind their ing business, can they?” Kai cursed out of frustration. His fingers messed up his hair with a small scratch. A small breath escaped his lips, “What do I do to get them off my back? They can’t know about Sora; not yet anyway”

Chen relaxed his shoulders a little when he realised he was tensed up and clenching all this muscles. “I can stall them for a little longer but it won’t be long before they start asking around. You haven’t been fulfilling your duties properly either”

Kai gave him a knowing look which only made Chen sigh some more. “Alright, I’ll cover for you a little but it can’t go on forever.”

Kai gave him an appreciative smile, “Thank you Chen”

Chen nodded lightly, knowing that no other words needed to be said regarding the issue therefore, he dropped it and tried to move onto a lighter topic. “How is Sora?” he asked.

“Bothersome” Kai immediately said, “But a pleasure to be around”

Chen scoffed, throwing his head back. “Of course she is. Why do I not feel surprised about this?” Chen gave him a wary look and dropped his smile, “Don’t get too attached. You know what’ll happen to her when you turn her into Satan”

Kai shrugged, “Please Chen, I know what I’m doing. If anything, I’ll be the one having her eating out the palm of my hand. Whereas I will be eating other things”

He wriggled his eyebrows and Chen, who only pulled a repulsed face, “Please refrain from making these comments in public”

Kai shoved the other man on the shoulder, “Come on, we’ve got work to do”

 

The human world always had its secret hiding places. Deserted warehouses, the closets, and the space under the bed. But no matter how hard you tried to hide, the demons would be around the corner, gaining on you. And then that is when it strikes.

Kai strikes. He strikes down harder than any demon could. Merciless and dangerous. He torments them before they are met with their fate; clouding their minds with shrieks and screams of their dying victims. The screams fill the brain, replaying over and over of every single mistreated human that was slaughtered by the chosen subject.

That was what Kai’s job was. He hunted the hunters.

And he was ready for another one.

He stood outside the familiar house. The man in that building had locked himself up. He knew Kai was coming for him. Crouched in the darkest corner, he rocked his body back and forth. Trembling hands came up to his sweaty, tear stained face.

Then the footsteps began.

Kai’s shoes clapped against the cold floor, slowly and torturously. The sound of it bounced of the thick walls, making the pathetic man’s eyes wander around frantically from here and there. He had no idea where the steps were coming from but one thing was sure; those steps were coming straight to him.

A small whimper escaped the man and that was when it began. Excruciatingly painful shrieking echoed in his head, locked within and finding no escaped. The man cried out in agony, collapsing against the floor whilst listening to every scream of each woman he had brutally killed in the past.

“Please! Stop! Make it stop!” He blurted out, struggling to find the will to speak or breathe at all.

Kai stepped closer into the light and let out a sinister laugh. “I bet you’ve learnt that little phrase from all of the women you murdered”

The man groaned loudly and rolled onto his stomach, trying to find the strength to get back on to his feet. Kai growled at his attempt, fuelling his anger even more and retracted his leg to make it collide into the man’s stomach, resulting in him coughing wheezy.

Kai tilted his neck, a satisfying click was heard, before balling his fists to get ready for combat. The man had no chance of surviving

 

Sora looked around the room carefully for the first time. There was the door that Kai had always come in and out. She had earlier tried to open it but the damned demon had securely locked. There was another door leading to the bathroom. She spent a few hours soaking in the bath tub; the scorching of the water somehow pampered her rather than burn her.

There was also a chest of drawers that looked exactly like the one in her bedroom. With closer inspection, she realising it was. All the clothes were hers, arranged as messily as she had left them before she was kidnapped away from reality. She removed the flimsy dress and went for pyjama pants and a beige camisole.

The door creaked open and her head flicked in the direction of it. Kai came in once more, angry as ever. The man was a struggle to get rid of; he kept lashing out and fighting against Kai. Just simply wouldn’t die easily. It frustrated Kai to no end.

Sora rolled her eyes at him as he stormed over the centre of the room where the bed was placed. He furiously pulled off his leather jacket, tossing it with strength at the wall on the other side of the wall. Sora watched carefully for his next move, unsure of what to do or what to say.

Kai began pulling off his v-neck top, tearing it away from his golden skin. He could care less that Sora was in the same room as him. It was his bedroom and he felt he had the right to do whatever the hell he wanted.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Sora snapped loudly at Kai. His head turned towards her, a permanent crease chiselled in between his eyebrows as his mouth formed an annoyed scowl. He dropped the shirt on the floor and began fiddling with his belt. “What does it look like? I am undressing idiot” he replied monotonously.

“Undress somewhere else then, idiot” She retorted, imitating his choice of insults. Kai’s lips quickly formed into a smug smile, his eyes drilling into her and he looked at her from head to toe, and back to her head again.

“We both know what you don’t want that” Kai said smoothly, finally releasing the buckle on his belt. Sora’s eyes widened in alarm and she heard the sound of a zip being pulled down. She sprang out of her spot and grabbed on to Kai’s wrist, ripping them away from his jeans. An amused smirk lightened up his face as well as a cocked eyebrow silently suggested a few ideas.

Sora glared with fire; her fingers were coiled around Kai’s arm and holding them in mid-air. “Don’t even think about it” she hissed threateningly.

A chuckle vibrated across Kai’s chest. “Oh, my apologies. If you had wanted the honour of removing my jeans then all you had to do is ask”

Sora clicked her tongue, scowling in disgust, “Please, that is the last thing I would want”

Kai’s lunged forward, attempting to scare her. Sora jerked back in fret, throwing Kai’s wristed out of her palms, shoving his a few feet away from her. “Jerk, get away from me”

Kai shook his head, “It was you who came ever so close to me”

“Only because you were trying ever so pathetically to strip as if I would stick dollar bills in your underwear” She complained, looking away from Kai altogether. Kai laughed suddenly, throwing his head back. Sora warily looked at him as if he had gone crazy. She squirmed uncomfortably on the spot when catching a glimpse of Kai’s enlightened face, brightened with his charming smile.

Kai’s laugh faded after that, “Hmm, you aren’t just a pretty face then. You’re quite funny”

Sora twisted her lips to the side nervously, not feeling at ease with this different side to him. Suddenly a thought came into her head and she wondered why she hadn’t bothered to ask it before.

“What’s your name?” Sora enquired.

Kai smiled once more, knowing the once he revealed it, it would surely surprise her. And it did.

“It’s Kai” 


How do you like the chapter?

Is it long enough? Tell me if you sincerely believe it should be longer.

This is exactly 1575 words here!