Chapter 45

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

       ♪♪♪

“Good morning, Mrs. Wu.” Kris murmured sweetly as he wrapped an arm around your waist, pulling your body closer to his.

“Mhm,” you muffled back lazily. You were too tired and too sleepy to do anything else.

“You’re beautiful. Have I told you that already?” He cooed before placing a kiss against your bare shoulder.

At the warmth of his lips, you felt tingles crawling up your spine. Then your eyes flew open in shock.

“Y-yah.” You stammered, trying to break free from his grasp but it all ended in vain as Kris held onto you tighter.

“Stop moving. That’s not helping you or me at the moment.” He groaned as he buried his face in your hair.

At the recollection of last night’s event you fell silent as a thick layer of blush draped over your cheeks.

Slowly, you lifted the covers covering the both of you and let out a squeamish squeal at the sight of your body.

If you were in your birthday suit that meant you weren’t the only one.

We really did it. And I thought it was just a dream. You were busy holding a conversation with yourself when Kris spoke up again.

“Why don’t we stay in bed all day?” He suggested in a rather sensual tone. His hot breath drummed against the shell of your ear and you shuddered.

Your embarrassment, however, quickly disappeared when your mind caught onto his erted idea. 

You weren't that oblivious.

Next, you shifted around so that you were facing him. “How about no?” You huffed. “I have work and so do you.”

“Oh come on, Lei.” He whined cutely, catching you by surprise.

You never ever thought that you’d see the day the strict and aloof Wu Yifan, Asia’s number one business entrepreneur, would be pouting so childishly at you.

“No, Yifan. I have to get ready and so do you.” You replied, sitting up. You made sure to hold the blanket over your chest, not wanting anything to be out on display.

“But it’s already twelve in the afternoon.” He rebutted as he followed suit.

“What?!” You shouted, whipping your head over to the alarm clock positioned by the bed.

Your eyes then doubled in size when you confirmed his statement.

You turned around and slapped Kris’s shoulder. “Why didn’t you wake me up sooner? I have to go to work at 1!”

You were just about to scramble to your feet when Kris chuckled, grasped onto your wrists and pinned you back down against the mattress in one swift motion. “You looked exhausted so I thought I’d let you rest. Wasn't that considerate of me? Besides, I already asked Xiumin hyung to inform Yejin-sshi that you wouldn’t be able to go into work today.”

“And who gave you permission to do such a thing? Let me go, Yifan. I have to get dressed.” You ordered pleadingly.

You were hoping that he would release you but to your dismay, he leaned down and pecked your lips.

“An—dwae.” He announced as he hovered over you with a smug grin slapped across his handsome face.

“Are you being serious right now? I will hurt you.” You warned.

“After everything that happened last night you can even kill me if you want. I’d definitely die a happy man.” Kris cheesed before kissing you again.

“Yah! Wu Yifan!” A smile was infringing your face.

You couldn’t help your fluttering heart.

He sounded so corny and dorky for saying something like that to you.

But you’d be lying if you said it didn’t make your insides churn in delight.

“Yes, Wu Xinlei?” He answered playfully yet tenderly at the same time (yes something like that was possible).

Then his words dawned on you. “Wait, why would you ask Xiumin to tell Yejin about my absence? Couldn’t you have called the library yourself?”

“It’s a secret. Now let’s get back to bed, hm?” He winked and before you could protest, he veiled both of your bodies with the covers.  

~*~

Looking at his reflection in the mirror for the umpteenth time since his arrival, Xiumin ruffled his hair in frustration.

He then rested his head against the steering wheel and groaned. “What’s wrong with me? Be a man, Kim Minseok.”

After his little pep talk, he sat up straight and nodded his head confidently. “I can do this.”

Exiting his car with a bouquet of white lilacs in his possession, he adjusted the collar of his shirt and took in a deep breath.

I hope she likes these. With steady steps, he approached the library.

With the distance between him and the building diminishing, his heart pounded even harder against his ribcage.

He was sure some of his bones were bruised by this point i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter